PDA

View Full Version : Broncos prepare for second half

Scout
12-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Broncos Get Set For 2nd Half
DEC 27 - The Swift Current Broncos players are back in town and are getting prepared for the 2nd half of the season with their first home games in two weeks taking place this weekend.

The Broncos players returned to the city on Boxing Day and have resumed their regular practice schedule.

This Friday night the Broncos are set to host the Prince Albert Raiders and will then host the Medicine Hat Tigers on Saturday night.

The Broncos will enter action on the weekend in 2nd place in the East Division and will look to seperate the gap between them and the Raiders who are in 3rd and trail the Broncos by just 2 points.

Saturday's game will also mark the 20th anniversary of the Broncos bus crash which claimed the lives of four former players: #8 Trent Kresse, #9 Scott Kruger, #11 Brent Ruff, #22 Chris Mantyka. The Broncos will have a moment of silence prior to puck drop on Saturday night in memory of these four players. For more information on the bus crash, please click here.

Saturday night will also be another chance for fans to purchase a Broncos 3rd jersey. Dane Crowley's 3rd jersey will be on a silent auction throughout the night and fans will be able to bid on the jersey in the lobby area throughout the game. The silent auction will close at the 10:00 minute mark of the 3rd period. University and college students won't want to miss out on this game as those with a student card will be able to attend this game for just $8. More information on this offer will be coming later today!

Also, congratulations to Bob Johnson of Abbey, SK who was the $500 major prize winner on December 24th for the Broncos Lottery Calendar. To view a list of winners, please click here. The winners list is updated throughout the season.

doctord4
12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Let's Go Broncos !!!

Big Ern
12-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Bronco's !!!

GEEZ!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!

BRONCOS BRONCOS BRONCOS!!

Note the "NO APOSTROPHE!!!"

Whatever! All I can say is, "Back to school." LOL LOL LOL haha

Flathead
12-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Get over it Big Ern, your going to scare away a new poster over an apostrophe. Apostrophe or no apostrophe, he was cheering the Broncos on and that's all that really matters. If you want to get all critical about proper grammar and tell others to go back to school, go to YOUR Rakos post and take the hyphen out of your "pre-schooler's" statement. It's not an English lesson it's a hockey forum.

ointhecreek
12-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Get over it Big Ern, your going to scare away a new poster over an apostrophe. Apostrophe or no apostrophe, he was cheering the Broncos on and that's all that really matters. If you want to get all critical about proper grammar and tell others to go back to school, go to YOUR Rakos post and take the hyphen out of your "pre-schooler's" statement. It's not an English lesson it's a hockey forum.
I'm glad someone finally said something. I was getting a little tired of it but didn't want to be accused of flaming. This is, after all, a hockey board not a grammar school board. As long as a poster gets the point across I don't care how it's spelled.

Scout
12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
You guys seem to handle any disagreements in a respectful manner. I do agree O. I also saw on another board that someone has been using Ointhe creek. If this happens on here pm myself or Flathead and it will be handled immediatly. It is hard to be on here 24/7 but i am keeping an eye out for this. Just thought i would let you know that. And i agree it is your addi and has been for years.

Scout

ointhecreek
12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
I also saw on another board that someone has been using Ointhe creek. If this happens on here pm myself or Flathead and it will be handled immediatly. It is hard to be on here 24/7 but i am keeping an eye out for this. Just thought i would let you know that. And i agree it is your addi and has been for years.

Scout
I noticed that to, not sure why the person feels the need to use it, even with a dash. No originality I guess. Not real worried about it since nobody ever goes there anymore but will keep an eye on it and will certainly holler if he uses it here.

doctord4
12-29-2006, 09:54 PM
GEEZ!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!

BRONCOS BRONCOS BRONCOS!!

Note the "NO APOSTROPHE!!!"

Whatever! All I can say is, "Back to school." LOL LOL LOL haha

Dr. Evil gets pulled over by the "spelling police" Boogaard'd I've edited my faux pas :groovy:

Big Ern
12-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Dr. Evil gets pulled over by the "spelling police" Boogaard'd I've edited my faux pas :groovy:

Sorry everyone! It's just all a big joke!!! Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted!!