PDA

View Full Version : Latest Trade rumor

skinnyhead
12-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I hear Lang is looking for a D-man on sale for boxing day, also rumoured that Joey P. could find himself in a three way deal with Vancouver and Tri City- Which would see Carey Price in Vancouver...Tyson Sexsmith and a couple prospects to Tri and Joey P.Nicolaus Knudsen to MJ - don't ask me! Just what I heard from an Everett scout, it may lead to nothing

This was on another forum and i also heard something in this manner form a Warriors board member

mjwfan
12-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Maybe there will be a trade , but they will have another D-man on this trip as one of there listed players will be called up.

Dwight Schrute
12-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Which would see Carey Price in Vancouver...Tyson Sexsmith and a couple prospects to Tri and Joey P.Nicolaus Knudsen to MJ
isnt joey p already in goal for MJ ?

Beaner
12-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Sorry I do not see this happening.

Tri is looking pretty good this year, but they need price, for an shot at going deep in the playoffs.

Lets Look at the trades:

Vancouver:
Gives up Sexsmith (g - 17) and Prospects and they get Price (g - 19)

Not unconceivable, but a bit steep of a price to pay for a 6 month rental, especially when Sexsmith is #2 overall in the goalie rankings.

Tri Cities:
Gives up Price (19) and Knudsen (19) and they get Perricone (19), Sexsmith (17) and prospects.

Sorry but what does tri cities need with 3 goalies? You would think that Pickard would be in the move as well as he is good enough to play now. Pickard has had a bit of rough year, but he is a capable goalie from what I saw last year when he filled in for when Price got injured.

Maybe they trade Price for Sexsmith ++, but I dont see them trading Knudsen for Perricone at all.

Moose Jaw
Gives up Perricone (G-19) and gets Knudsen (D-19)

I think its pretty clear that MJ is rebuilding. Just look at the trades they have made thus far this year. If they are going to trade Perricone you would think they would want a younger goalie back.

I just cant see MJ being all that interested in a 19 year old D-man for this year.

Warrior Fan
01-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I can see the Warriors dealing for Sexsmith. He is a young goalie that will get ice time with Jory starting the remainder of the season. He would be ready to giver next season as the starter allowing the Warriors to trade him to Edmonton to avoid losing players in the expansion draft.

Perricone and Gillen to Vancouver for Sexsmith and a 3rd round pick or a dman that is 18 years old.

This is a realistic trade for both teams. The Giants have a 20 year old spot and Gillen did a tremendous job in the playoffs last season. Perricone solidifies the backend for the G Men and Sexsmith doesn't weaken us all that much in net for this season and should be ready to run next season. The draft pick is also nice in securing our future or deals that have to be completed next season. Either way it all looks good for both teams.

SectionNDeserter
01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Then who is the Giant's starter next year? Barnstable?

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Then who is the Giant's starter next year? Barnstable?
I think the starter next year for the Giant's would be Nuefeld,unless he gets traded again.

I would not really care if this deal happens,and as long as it does not involve the Blades because I do not think that they would want to give up key players,but they still might make a move at the deadline to help some players get more icetime,and there is one player that I am specifically talking about.

SectionNDeserter
01-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I think the starter next year for the Giant's would be Nuefeld,unless he gets traded again.The Giants will have too many overage players next year for Neufeld to be there next year I would think.

Beaner
01-02-2007, 12:55 AM
I can see the Warriors dealing for Sexsmith. He is a young goalie that will get ice time with Jory starting the remainder of the season. He would be ready to giver next season as the starter allowing the Warriors to trade him to Edmonton to avoid losing players in the expansion draft.

Perricone and Gillen to Vancouver for Sexsmith and a 3rd round pick or a dman that is 18 years old.

This is a realistic trade for both teams. The Giants have a 20 year old spot and Gillen did a tremendous job in the playoffs last season. Perricone solidifies the backend for the G Men and Sexsmith doesn't weaken us all that much in net for this season and should be ready to run next season. The draft pick is also nice in securing our future or deals that have to be completed next season. Either way it all looks good for both teams.

I dont see Perricone as that much, if any, of an upgrade on Sexsmith. If anything its a downgrade considering his age, for the Giants.

Gillen for some picks and/or a prospect I might consider. Personally I just don't think Gillen is the right fit for this Giants team.

I don't think I would even take a Gillen and Perricone for Sexsmith deal.

I also have to think that if the giants were that interested in Gillen they would have gotten him when they did the McArdle deal.

Warrior Fan
01-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Sexsmith is 17 years old and is not going to be relied upon to carry the load to the Memorial cup. They appear to be prepared to make the moves to secure the best shot possible at winning this year at home.

Perricone is a proven winner and has lead a team far in the playoffs before. He has the experience and won MVP honors last season in the playoffs. As far as a GM is concerned they will feel more comfortable making a run with a veteran goaltender than a young inexperienced one. Pressure here is the key
He will be back as a 20 year old as well. He starts for you next season as well.

Sexsmith will not be in the league as a 20 year old so the only season you lose Sexsmith for is his 19 year old season.

Gillen fills a spot that is open for them and again has the experience and was a proven playoff performer as well. These are all huge attributes for teams looking to win this year. Just the way it is.

Gillen was not going to be traded when they made the McArdle deal. The Warriors are and were not fold up the tent on this season. They fell they have some skill and can still make the playoffs and possilby create a little havoc. Will it happen? Who knows.

As the team continues to slide it looks more and more like Gillen or Herman or Isbister might be on the move.

Beaner
01-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Sexsmith is 17 years old and is not going to be relied upon to carry the load to the Memorial cup. They appear to be prepared to make the moves to secure the best shot possible at winning this year at home.

Perricone is a proven winner and has lead a team far in the playoffs before. He has the experience and won MVP honors last season in the playoffs. As far as a GM is concerned they will feel more comfortable making a run with a veteran goaltender than a young inexperienced one. Pressure here is the key
He will be back as a 20 year old as well. He starts for you next season as well.

Sexsmith will not be in the league as a 20 year old so the only season you lose Sexsmith for is his 19 year old season.

Gillen fills a spot that is open for them and again has the experience and was a proven playoff performer as well. These are all huge attributes for teams looking to win this year. Just the way it is.

While all good points, I disagree. Guess we will just have to disagree about this potential trade and see what happens comes deadline day.

Warrior Fan
01-02-2007, 07:25 PM
It is a direct response that would make more sense for Moose Jaw then just ending up with Knudsen. That is all.

To make that trade makes zero sense for the Jaw... Is this trade going to happen. I can't see it as it was simply made up by me.

Not going to happen

SectionNDeserter
01-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Sexsmith will not be in the league as a 20 year old so the only season you lose Sexsmith for is his 19 year old season. There sure aren't very many goaltenders that are playing pro hockey as 20 year olds (because of the competition and limited roster space for goaltenders mostly). Sexsmith is a pretty good goaltender, but I don't think he is better than a lot of the goaltenders in this league in the past that have played junior hockey as a 20 year old.

Warrior Fan
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
was pro at 18.
Devan Dubnyk was he also pro at 20.
Tyler Plante will likely not return as a 20
Justing Pogge was pro at 20.
Carey Price will be pro at 20
Leland Irving will be pro at 20.
I think alot of tenders make the jump to pro as soon as the team deems fit.
He is a 17 year old kid and is already as good as the top 8 in the league.

He is going to be a great tender.

I can't see him playing junior as a 20 year old.

SectionNDeserter
01-02-2007, 10:22 PM
That is the thing though, I don't think Sexsmith is as good as any of those guys, with the exception of Plante, and maybe Dubnyk.

Hunt24
01-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Sorry, but your math here is messed up. You say Sexsmith is 17 (which by WHL rules he is). But then you say we only lose Sexsmith for his 19 year old season. But when the 07-08 season begins, he'll be an 18 year old and when the 08-09 season begins, he'll be a 19 year old. That means that under this trade we lose two years of service for a goalie who was an all-star in his first year of Junior A and is the #2-ranked draft eligible goalie in the Dub.

I just don't see this trade happening.

Warrior Fan
01-03-2007, 03:00 PM
You will have Perricone for this season and next so that is his 17 and 18 year old Whl season. Then as a 19 year old you will be without the goalie. You lose one year of service. We would still have Sexsmith as a 19 year old then be gone as a 20 year old.
As I explained in my post

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2007, 03:46 PM
From what I have seen from Perricone this season, there is absolutely NO way he would be occupying an overage spot in the logjam of good overage players that the Giants are going to have next season.

Warrior Fan
01-04-2007, 03:49 AM
From what I have seen from Perricone this season, there is absolutely NO way he would be occupying an overage spot in the logjam of good overage players that the Giants are going to have next season.
He is a very good goaltender and he proved that last year in the playoffs. He has played outstanding this season for a sometimes awful team.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Sounds like he has made a believer out of you. He didn't make any impression on the NHL scouts, but I am sure there must be a reason for that.

Warrior Fan
01-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Sounds like he has made a believer out of you. He didn't make any impression on the NHL scouts, but I am sure there must be a reason for that.

Wasn't Curtis Joseph also passed over by NHL experts.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Wasn't Curtis Joseph also passed over by NHL experts.He was an average goaltender for about 10 seasons, a decent goaltender for the next 4 or 5, and then a below average goaltender for the last few seasons. I don't know if this is a very good comparison.

Warrior Fan
01-04-2007, 08:26 PM
He was an average goaltender for about 10 seasons, a decent goaltender for the next 4 or 5, and then a below average goaltender for the last few seasons. I don't know if this is a very good comparison.
It does you no good to beat around the bush.

IMO, Perricone was looked over and so be it. I can think of a lot of goalies that were drafted that weren't worth beans. So I don't think getting or not getting drafted tells the whole story. He is a solid tender. He is 19 so he doesn't occupy a 20 year old spot til next season which he will do somewhere for sure. I am in no way saying we should deal. As far as I am concerned he is a very good goalie and will play AHL hockey. I look at a guy like Scotty Munroe of MJ. He is currently playing NHL hockey backing up while Nittymaki is out with an injury. He is not Mike Broudeur but I can say he went and played hockey and has worked his way up. No reason Joey can't do the same thing.

He is a valuable member of the Warriors and would be missed if he was dealt no doubt about that at all.

Warrior Fan
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
He was an average goaltender for about 10 seasons, a decent goaltender for the next 4 or 5, and then a below average goaltender for the last few seasons. I don't know if this is a very good comparison.
He was a pro making huge money and playing the game he loved and someone thought he was valuable enough to continue to start him for years. I think he is a great comparison. I never said he was MA Fleury I said he is a quality goalie and will play pro hockey. I am sure that if you ask any goalie around if they could do exactly what Joesph did they would be more than happy with that.