PDA

View Full Version : Does Geric get traded?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I know with his collarbone problems he has not had much time to show his skills,and he does seem to have some potential. What will it take for him to get going?,and show that he deserves to be on this team?

Or is a trade what he needs?

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
12-28-2006, 12:15 AM
I've been happy to see Geric these past couple of years and I would like to see him graduate here. This isn't one of my "I want him to stay because I can't handle change" I really think this is the right place for him unless we can find a good trade for a draft pick or 16-17 year old.

ProStaff
12-28-2006, 09:03 AM
not to be disrespectful, but Geric would never get us a draft or a young player in a trade, he would be one of those players that just get released!

wango tango
12-28-2006, 09:07 AM
have to go with prostaff on this one. geric should be reassigned or released so he can get more playing time. perhaps to the bcjhl or something a little closer to home.

Trav
12-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Geric should be let go. I'd like the Blades to either bring up Belyk or Braid for the rest of the year. Dont think they'd bring up both since they're both a big part of the Blazers midget team. They've done well when they've been called up this year. They'll either be here at the end of their midget season if not, next year for sure so may as well bring one up now.

howley
12-29-2006, 11:35 AM
If I'm GM I get what I can for Geric and bring up Toomey, Belyk or Braid.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
12-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Toomy's been brought up already.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Ok If the Blades could not get anything for Geric in a trade then yes I think they should release him,he obviously has injury problems and he would have to earn his spot on the team(like I said before)Braid or Belyk could easily fill Geric's spot. I do not think he is close to returning anyway.

howley
12-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I didnt' realize they brought toomey up already. Out of the loop over Christmas a little. Well I think that is a good move.

bladesvoice
01-02-2007, 10:33 AM
First of all, Happy New Year to all Blades' fans. I've been reading these posts and feel a need to respond...and I decided to start here. Remember folks, Adam Geric is injured...although he is very close to returning from fracturing the same collarbone back on December 1st in Kootenay that he broke last season. This is unfortunate for a young guy, only 17, that has barely played in a season-and-a-half. When he has gotten regular playing time, albeit on a fourth line, he has shown that he can be an effective "grinder" who isn't afraid to drop the mitts. Those posters who say that he has no trade value are quite correct...because of his injuries. While Lorne Molleken has until January 10th to finalize his roster for the rest of the season, keep in mind that decisions made early in the season are hard to change. Junior hockey teams can't just bring up and send down players like N.H.L. teams do. There are several considerations (schooling, disrupting the teams you are bringing players in from, etc.) It's one thing to say that Kirk Belyk or Jordan Braid or Travis Toomey should be kept by the Blades...but how would the Saskatoon Blazers feel about losing two top forwards or how does Toomey's Leduc team feel about losing a key component...just like that!

ProStaff
01-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Not to sound rude Les, Who care's what their junior team feels! The AHL teams that took all of our player's never cared what the blades thought. Hockey is a tough business, and thats what this is all about, business. It's sad to say but it's the truth!

bladesvoice
01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
I understand how you feel...had the Blades been able to keep Joe Barnes and Wacey Rabbit as 20-year-olds, then Devin Setoguchi stays and they're a contender once again this season...instead of in a re-building phase which upsets long-time fans of the Blades because they've never won a championship and always seem to be in a re-building phase! But, there is one major difference...the Blades knew going into this season that they were going to be without Barnes and Rabbit. This didn't happen in mid-season as folks are suggesting should happen with bringing in a Jordan Braid or a Kirk Belyk or a Travis Toomey right now. You're right, it is a business...but the reality of the hockey business is that the pros do what they do and the junior operators have to take it. But, if the junior operators play the heavy with the minor hockey levels below them, the whole minor hockey system suffers as younger players are pushed up into levels that they're not quite ready for. And, the junior operators have entered into the Canadian Hockey Development Model so as to keep the development of players structured and consistent...not a mess of call-ups and demotions on a whim. That is the reality of the hockey business below the professional level!

Les