PDA

View Full Version : What does P.A. do?

Raiderfan8
12-29-2006, 12:51 PM
With the way the Raiders have been playing lately, what do they do at the trade deadline?

Dwight Schrute
12-29-2006, 08:41 PM
With the way the Raiders have been playing lately, what do they do at the trade deadline?
doucet and thelen are tradebait................. they have played well without thelen before i get flamed
thelen could bring a nice return van everertt and others were interested and now PG has a overage spot too

Raiderfan8
12-30-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't think May will make the jump to the AHL next year so I'd keep him around!

Dwight Schrute
12-30-2006, 03:56 PM
so if thelen is tradebait why wouldnt may be? there is a good chance may wont be back next year. if you trade someone like thelen you trade all you players that arent in your future plans.
im just saying that thelen could be the most marketable player who brings the highest return. couple that with the fact he hasnt played much at all this season and that the raiders played well without him.

doucet well i think he could be good but looks to be better off as tradebait. he might do a lot better somewhere where he gets a better opportunity.

Raiderfan8
12-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Raiders are decent this year but we must improve for next year at the deadline. I belive if you can get some youth for A.J. Thelen then make the move!

PGFlyfisher
12-30-2006, 05:28 PM
doucet and thelen are tradebait................. they have played well without thelen before i get flamed
thelen could bring a nice return van everertt and others were interested and now PG has a overage spot too
Cougar' s GM has recently mentioned in the paper about getting someone more experienced on the back end. Most likely an overager. So, I guess it' s always a possibility. What can you tell us folks out here about Thelen? Stay at home or more offensive, etc? We don' t get to see the Raiders much out here. :)

Dwight Schrute
12-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Cougar' s GM has recently mentioned in the paper about getting someone more experienced on the back end. Most likely an overager. So, I guess it' s always a possibility. What can you tell us folks out here about Thelen? Stay at home or more offensive, etc? We don' t get to see the Raiders much out here. :)
thelen is a solid 2 way with a big league one timer from the point. 12th overall in the 2004 NHL draft.

raider guy
12-30-2006, 11:40 PM
haha, your joking about may right? you cant seriously think he will play in the NHL next year?

Five Hole
12-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Possible they might try to move Thelen, but I don't think they'd move both him and May right now. May's not going to make the Wings next year (Geez, they'll probably keep Chelios another year or two Boogaard'd ), but with a solid camp he could crack Grand Rapids. Or he'll be back here as a 20.... along with Gauthier, most likely.
Also, some contending teams might see giving up somebody promising for Thelen as a risky move given the knee issues he's had this year.
The other issue in trading one or two top 4 D guys right now is you gotta get at least one good one in return, especially with Tendler out for a while now, too. I don't think we can do it for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick....we need somebody who can contribute now and next year too when we'll be a lot stronger...
We're looking pretty good now,...we're not likely going to make a huge run in the playoffs, (hopefully 2nd round nhl ) but if they can improve our chances for the playoffs anythings possible trade wise... of course, it's the old story,,, everybody wants to give up as little as possible for as much as possible... so if it isn't a super deal, Clark will probably go with what we've got

Dwight Schrute
12-31-2006, 12:10 AM
haha, your joking about may right? you cant seriously think he will play in the NHL next year?
may will sign with the wings ( i had hoped my nucks would draft him)
and chances are he will be with their AHL team (grand rapids griffens) next year.

Raiderfan8
12-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Anyone think ESAU is up for grabs at the deadline?

Raiderfan8
12-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Well for starters ESAU is 17 years old born in 1989-05-16 and David AIME is the goalie of the future also at the age of 17. So thats why you would trade him.

Raiderfan8
12-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Raiders would love to have this old bantam draft pick in there line up !

JULSETH-WHITE, Nolan

Current Team: Langley Chiefs
Jersey Number: 22
Position: D
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 212
Hometown: Chilliwack
Shoots: Left
Date of Birth: April 20, 1988 (18 years)

SEASON TEAM GP G A PTS P/G PPG SHG GWG GTG PIM
2006 - 2007 Season Langley Chiefs 40 11 26 37 0.9 7 0 0 0 81

Raiderfan8
12-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Should be a good 17 year old next year. Who is injured on the Raiders back end?

Five Hole
12-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Tendler's injured (seperated shoulder). What's DePape's status? He left the last game with some type of injury and he's not dressed in Cranbrook.

Just checked our wonderful website, and to answer my own question - looks like he has a shoulder injury as well and will be out 2 weeks.

Triton
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Tendler's injured (seperated shoulder). What's DePape's status? He left the last game with some type of injury and he's not dressed in Cranbrook.

Just checked our wonderful website, and to answer my own question - looks like he has a shoulder injury as well and will be out 2 weeks.

Depape or Tendler out for 2 weeks?

raider guy
12-31-2006, 09:34 PM
depape, and on the radio they said that may is still feeling ill effects from his knee, looks like weve hit the injury bug

Raiderfan8
01-01-2007, 03:21 PM
May be we should bring Penner up for a couple!

Dwight Schrute
01-01-2007, 03:29 PM
May be we should bring Penner up for a couple!
i hope so id like to see him play.

Dwight Schrute
01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
any rumblings on deadline deals ?

Sabes
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Esau has been dealt

Dwight Schrute
01-06-2007, 12:00 PM
i had heard clarke was piecing together a deal with a non roster player for someone who would play this year. i was just hopinng it wasnt one of the higher rated prospects. good to see esau go where he will get a chance to play

Raiderfan8
01-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Good trade! At least we got something!

Dwight Schrute
01-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Good trade! At least we got something!
esau still has a lot of potential and could still do very well

Raiderfan8
01-07-2007, 09:11 PM
What about Thelan is he leaving in the next few days to another team?

Sabes
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
So much for Thelen going to Vancouver since they just picked up Wacey Rabbit.