PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Mark Fistric ?

amisk
02-23-2005, 05:19 PM
I hear he is ready..and will be in shortly.

C.F
02-23-2005, 06:15 PM
My sources say he will be back just before playoffs. But take my sources as a grain of salt. ;)

Kassian
02-24-2005, 11:15 AM
There was word he will be playing this Saturday when the Giants go to Everett. If not, he'll be back pretty soon. Probably sometime during the first week of March.

rinkrat
02-25-2005, 10:43 AM
That would be great if he starts in Everett, I'll be there to see it.Should be a great game!

Beaner
02-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Ok so if Fistric is back in who's in and who's out?

So I got to think that Meszaros, Festerling, Albers and Seder will stay in the lineup for sure, Scharff will play up on the 4th line in a winger roll, leaving Gordichuk and Franson as the rotating Dmen in the lineup. Looks like Egner may be in the press box for the rest fo the season.

rinkrat
02-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Franson has played really well lately,I guess that makes Gordichuck the odd man out!With playoffs coming I'm sure the D men will get minor injuries and they can rest certain D men.

Kassian
02-26-2005, 02:27 AM
I don't know if Fistric will be ready by tomorrow. Either way, he should be back sometime next week. God knows we could really use him even if he isn't 100%...

Jovorock
02-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Looking at the goals last night, Giants need defensive help badly. Schwartz has been average all year and probly will continue>

Bonner made so many trades this year, does he know what the hell he is doing?

The Rockets made two move, they brought in Slyvester and Couture that's it!

kelownakarl
02-26-2005, 10:59 AM
I swear that i heard them say on the broadcast last night that Fistric was 3 days away form playing..

Beaner
02-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Who knows.

There are so many rumors floating around right now about Fistric, its worse than Sasquatch sightings. :laugh:

Kassian
02-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Like I said before, either way he will be back in the line up sometime next week. I just pray it actually makes a difference...

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Anything that he can bring will be a step up for this Giants defense.
Frankly, they can't look any worse than they do currently.

Beaner
03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I'd have to agree with Jimmy there. I think Franson wrote his ticket to the pressbox those last 2 games.

Jovorock
03-03-2005, 01:24 PM
In the games that I have seen this year when the Giants are in Kelowna it has been the defense that is the problem.

Jimmy
03-03-2005, 03:49 PM
In the games that I have seen this year when the Giants are in Kelowna it has been the defense that is the problem.

It's been their most glaring problem since at least Christmas.
Too many offensive defensemen and not enough cohesion in their own zone.

Kassian
03-04-2005, 12:44 AM
It certainly isn't JUST defense. It is a combination of several things.

1. Defense.
2. Weak goals let in by Schwarz. He seems to at least do this every other game.
3. No offensive support when the defense and Schwarz both show up.

So in other words, the Giants are screwed in most games. They can pick up the victories against teams that don't matter like Kamloops and Everett, but they can't beat the "top dogs" like Kelowna, Kootenay, Seattle, etc. So until that does happen (it won't unfortunately, IMO) they shouldn't be considered a legit threat.

rinkrat
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Anyone know if Fistric will play tonight? How big will the crowd be?Wasn't it Portland,the Giants were playing when he broke his Jaw the first time?

Jimmy
03-04-2005, 05:07 PM
From what I've heard, tonight should be his first game back.

Beaner
03-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Anyone know if Fistric will play tonight? How big will the crowd be?Wasn't it Portland,the Giants were playing when he broke his Jaw the first time?

I thought he broke it during the Kootney game the 1st time. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Kassian
03-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Fistric looked very good last night against Portland. He and Grant and maybe a guy like Robinson were the ONLY bright spots for Vancouver. The rest of the game was total ****!

In fact, I'd go as far to say that Fistric was the best Giant out there last night. He was solid defensively and he still had the balls to get involved physically and he even got into a few scrums and almost a fight believe it or not. Well I guess he had to since none of the Giants players even tried to help him out. They would all stand around while he would get pushed around or hit high in the facemask. What great teammates.... :rolleyes: