PDA

View Full Version : Broncos and PA

Flathead
12-30-2006, 12:17 AM
We looked very good tonight, for the most part everyone was on the same page. I thought we played hard for a full game, which was nice to see and we played the whole first period without getting a penalty!! The line of Tassone, Gervais and Molle was a very good 3rd or 4th line tonight, I thought they did there job very well. How about two 16 year olds killing penalties great job Gervais and Wudrick.
I had a NHL scout beside me tonight for the first two periods and he picked a great game to watch for Postma. He loved his heavy shot and was impressed all around with Postma. He was also saying that he watched McAvoy and liked what he saw last year, he was hoping he would have put it all together a bit more this year, but still might be a good late round pick that a guy could work with. Loved that McAvoy never leaves a check unfinished. I also found it interesting that he said that he's been to a lot more games in the WHL this year because this years draft eligible kids are weak out in the OHL and the QMJHL.

Scout
12-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Broncos Gain Sole Possession of 2nd
DEC 29 - The Swift Current Broncos defeated the Prince Albert Raiders at the Centennial Civic Centre on Friday night for the 4th time this season in 4 tries.

The Broncos scored 3 goals in the 1st period and never looked back as they skated away with a 5-2 victory. Levi Nelson, Paul Postma, Michael Wilson, Jeremy Schenderling (PP), and Dale Weise (EN) all scored for the Broncos while Matt Robertson scored both Raider goals.

Travis Yonkman was between the pipes for the Broncos and had a solid night, turning aside 24 of 26 Prince Albert shots. The teams power play finished the evening 1 for 5 while their penalty kill was a perfect 6 for 6.

The teams next action goes tomorrow night when they host the Medicine Hat Tigers. Game time goes at 7:30pm and tickets can be purchased by calling the Broncos Ticket Office at 773-1509.

ointhecreek
12-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Also have to give props out to Yonkman. He had a great game and bailed his team out on a few occasions. The save on the penalty shot was huge!Way to go Yonks! applause Also think the ref, Kirk, was the best I've seen all year. :thumb: He let both teams play and was hardly noticed out there. Has he been here before? I don't remember him. It was a good fast game to watch, wouldn't have guessed they just came back from xmas break the way they were flying. Noticed a few new things added and they worked tonight. Now keep it up against the Tigers tonight. nhl3

Scout
12-30-2006, 10:27 AM
He was the best ref i have seen this year. He let the boys hit, get aggressive and play how hockey is supposed to be played. The thing i noticed was once the boys on both teams saw that this ref put the whistle in his pocket they thru some massive checks along the boards and open ice hits. Thats how i like to see hockey played. Non of this back off because they will get a call for charging. Good game Kirk.

Scout

Offsider
12-30-2006, 11:06 AM
The boys played the best home game so far showed up with lots of energy. looks like they were told to shoot at the net from any place . Nice goal by Postma maybe get him started hard to belive that was his first goal . passes were hard and on the tape . Keep up the pace guys Very fun game to watch . fourth line went after the puck like a pack of wolfs and worked hard . Yonks was there when needed . Yes and Kirk did a very fine job !!

Big Ern
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
What is it? We break other teams' winning streaks this season, like they didn't even have them! We've done it to P.A. Lethbridge, and Brandon. And isn't it ironic when they leave our rink, they almost always lose six in a row??!! The guys are not at all intimidated by a team on a winning streak. Congrats! Great win!!! Also, another thing that's ironic is, we're 7 and 0 this season against Brandon and P.A. Brandon's ahead, P.A.'s behind. That's what you call winning important games!! WOW!!!!

bronco rep
12-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Awesome game last night boys!!!!. Now lets tame those tigers tonight. I think i get pumped up more then the players when we play the Hat..lol. Heard last night there is a bus coming from Maple Creek tonight. I hope the barn is full tonight. I wonder who gets the start tonight? Yonks or Moir. Goodluck tonight boys & i sure hope Brady is back in the lineup tonight.

ointhecreek
12-30-2006, 04:56 PM
It was nice to listen to Tim Tisdale do color last night. His account of the bus crash and his knowledge of hockey was a pleasure to listen to. Thanks Tim. :thumb: