PDA

View Full Version : Blades could have a few rookies again...

Trav
12-30-2006, 03:27 PM
next year. Maybe not as many as this year but there'll be more and the good thing is, most of them will have played a few games with the team already and have done well.

Up front

Kirk Belyk will be 18
Jordan Braid also going to be 18
Travis Toomey will be 17
Curtis Hamilton will be 16

Would be a good 4th line with the 4th being a spare. Geric will be gone, so could Klotz since he's 19 although might be worth keeping and Crowley will have defend his spot.

On the blueline

Stepfan Elliot - 16 I think this kid is going to be really good
Mitch Berg - 16
Possibly Caleb Suderman - 17, doing well in Manitoba

In net it'll be a battle between Zemlack ( current backup), Adam Morrison (BC), Carey Dyk (Manitoba) and Matthew Krahn (Manitoba) for the backup spot but again I think Zemlack will be kept or else Carey Dyck will be backup, he's 17. The other two are 16 so no need to rush them.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
12-30-2006, 11:55 PM
I can't waite to see Mitch Burg and Stefan Elliot, our first rounders. Out blue line should be outstanding next year wit all the great players we have on it. If Cole could be here next year it would be amazing.

bladesvoice
01-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Trav...you have made good points regarding the possible turnover on next season's roster. Players like Belyk, Braid, Toomey, Hamilton, Elliott and Berg are pretty good bets to be here...just based on the fact they have suited up already this season. There will be several players, who could return next season, who won't be guaranteed a spot on the team. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Geric is gone...I think he needs to be given a proper chance to show his stuff when not injured. Obviously he's shown enough in two previous pre-seasons to warrant staying with the Blades! However, I just did a feature on a pair of pre-game shows, with the help of assistant G.M. Jarrod Brodsky, running through the Blades' listed players and the names of Caleb Suderman and Carey Dyck weren't on the list. I'm not certain about Suderman's status...but I do know that Dyck is not listed...Morrison and Krahn are...along with Holtby and Zemlak for goaltenders!

Les

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
01-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I know what you mean. We have alot of young players this year and next year we will have a couple more but the diffrence is that we have alot better younger players next year in our 2 1st round pics.

Trav
01-04-2007, 06:16 PM
It's just kinda frusturating seeing a player here thats gone through injuries the first two years. Maybe I'm wrong in saying this but he seems injury prone and no team really wants a player like that. If he comes back now and stays injury problem free and does well then great, I'll take back any negative comments i may have made bout him lol. Hopefully he does.

I'm surprised Dyck is no longer listed. He's still young and is having another good year of Midget AAA hockey in Manitoba.