PDA

View Full Version : Bruins 0 @ Giants 8 Dec.30th

Beaner
12-31-2006, 12:31 AM
Well that was all Giants in every facet of the game as the Bruins didn't even show up to play tonight at the old PNE. Bruins brought absolutely nothing to the table as the Giants just walked around them on every shift. Once the game was decided, I figured that the Bruins would at least try and send a message that they would be up for tomorrow, but they couldn't even bother to do that. A pretty bad display tonight by the Bruins.

NOTES
Sexsmith and Archibald were the starters
Watt (Suspension), Franson, Repik, Bliznak and McArdle (WJC) were the giants scratches.
Shots 44-20 Giants
PP's Bruins 0/6, Giants 3/8

GOALS
1. VAN Mikkelson, (2) (Kraus, Blum), 6:57 (PP) 5-4, Faceoff win to Mikkelson who sends in a floater that handcuffs Archibald
1. VAN Machacek, (7) (Wright, Blum), 15:25 Blum blows in on the wing sends ina shot, wright gets the rebound another save, but Machacek in front grabs the loose puck fromt eh side of the net and then tucks it 5-hole.
2. VAN Wright, (3) (Festerling), 2:41 Off the festerling point shot Wright grabs the rebound and pots it home.
2. VAN Machacek, (8) (Blum, Lucic), 12:37 (PP) 5-4, And Blum with the big slapper that Archibald gets most of, but it trickles through him and machacek reachs over Archi and tucks it into the open net.
2. VAN Machacek, (9) (Festerling, Wright), 19:42 Festerling shot/pass that deflects off Machacek for goal #3.
3. VAN Wright, (4) (Regner), 4:15 2-1, and Regner streaking in with Wright feeds wright over the d-man going down for the block, and Wright has nothing but net to shoot at.
3. VAN Hunt, (5) (Cunningham, Czibere), 14:06 Hunt gets his goal off a rebound from the Cunningham shot intot ehopen side of the net.
3. VAN Bouma, (2) (Flatters, Blum), 19:08 (PP) 5-4, and another goal from in front off of the Flatters shot, as Bouma collects the rebound.

FISTICUFFS
None

OFFICIATING
McLean and Rapheal tongiht and they were not very good. A lot of very strange calls and non calls in the first especially. I dont think most cared about the officiating because of the blow-out, but it was sub-par to say the least.

OVERALL
Well the Giants brought a hard working effort tonight, and the Bruins did not. That pretty much sums it up. If teams dont want to work then they are going to get spanked by anyone and thats what the Bruins got tonight.

Kane and Piluso had good games for the Giants as 2 of our callups, and I thought Cunningham was extremely good tonight as well. I was hoping Cunningham could pot his first of the year, but his hard work will eventually pay off.

Mikkelson went awkardly into the boards at the 15 minute mark of the game tonight. Managed to skate off, looked like a shoulder injury? Stayed ont he bench for the rest of the game, and didnt see the ice again, but I think that was more precautionary due to the score of the game then any potential long term injury.

Thanks for the free appys, Chilliwack.

3 STARS
1. VAN - 15 Spencer Machacek
2. VAN - 7 Jonathon Blum
3. VAN - 19 James Wright

Swando
12-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Mikkelson went awkardly into the boards at the 15 minute mark of the game tonight.

Good recap Beaner---just to add it was 15 minute mark of the 3rd period. It looked bad and had us all holding our breath as the last 2 times he's gone down (last year) both were serious knee injuries.
Our row kept wondering how this Bruins team won so many games on there Central division tour??? Can't see them getting a point the way they played tonight. Maybe their trade affected them and all the rumors floating about...I can sure see that playing into their minds. These are kids and very tempermental in these situations. A great coming out for many of our 16 yr olds. Interesting comments by Hay in the post game. When asked he likens Bouma to Lucic and Cunningham to Machachek and thinks that this might be the start of Wright's coming out as a WHL player that can make an impact

rinkrat
12-31-2006, 12:59 AM
I don't like to complain about reffing but that was horrific!
Not as bad after the first,but holy :spineyes:

How does Lucic get a hooking penalty when he was on a breakaway?
How does Wright get a penalty when he is driven head first into the goalie by a vicious crosscheck?
How is there not a penalty when Hunt gets nailed into the back of the net,while skating around Chilliwacks net without the puck,directly in front of the ref?
Then there was the blown/reversed call in the third against the Bruins,it is over ruled and yet no face off at centre ice?
Even the linsemen were making blatant mistakes.
I realize its a tough job,but McLean and Raphael,YOU'RE FIRED

sircountalot
12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
The blown/reversed call was because the ref forgot that Chilliwack was on the power play when the coincidental penalties were called. He thought it should have been 4 on 4...saw 5 Chilliwack players on the ice and called the too many players penalty. Still a bonehead call!! It seemed like they were trying to keep the score in check.

dondo
12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
yeah its a good thing the reffing wasn't an issue in the end, as I think the Bruins penalties were deserved.

The Bruins are supposed to have a deadly PP, but tonight it looked toothless. That said the only really good stops that Sexsmith had to make were on the PP, and one or two of them could have shifted the momentum a bit were they to get past him. Nice to see Tyson get the SO. Apparently he worked very hard with Sean Murray on Friday and regained some confidence.

I think McCue has a date with Lucic tomorrow for that cheap shot on Mikkelson.

Tomorrow is virtually sold out folks (standing room only left) so no last minute tickets for the new years eve tilt.

here's my take on things -- enjoy

Giants Crush Bruins
Vancouver 8 Chilliwack 0

Coming off of a very disappointing loss versus the Kamloops Blazers (who the Giants have yet to beat this season) and recovering from a hard and heavy bag skate after letting the lead slip by not continuing to work when they had the lead, the Giants were motivated tonight to turn around their game. Its was all hands on deck as 13 different players registered at least a point, scoring goals by putting on the hard-hats, driving the net, drawing penalties and scoring those greasy goals on the doorstep. Don Hay challenged his boys to continue to work regardless of the score, pressed for secondary scoring and for the “first year guys” (not rookies) to contribute.

Contribute they did as Craig Cunningham tallied his first ever WHL point, James Wright scored two hard fought goals while adding two assists and Lance Bouma scored a late game PP goal - the 16 year olds had arrived. Spencer Machacek tallied a hat trick by playing like he did last season when wheeling on a line with Brule, standing at the edge of the blue paint, something which has been missing from Spencer’s regular game this year. Journeyman defenseman Jonathon Blum managed four helpers with some smart play, by driving the net and taking the shot when there was an opening.

The Giants opened the scoring 6:57 into the first on the PP. Brendan Mikkelson powered a seeing eye puck through traffic to beat Alex Archibald. The Bruins looked a bit flat and were having a tough time keeping up and an even tougher time clearing the front of the their net of bodies and pucks all night long. The Giants padded their lead later in the period when Machacek put in his first of three on the night. Blum got a shot through to Archibald and Machacek snuck home the rebound from the doorstep. The referees for the evening made some extremely odd and poor judgment calls but in the end it did not affect the out-come of the game as the weird ones seemed to be against the home team for the most part. The Giants weathered a late period flurry and Tyson Sexsmith, who had to be good on the PK tonight, flashed the leather to rob the Bruins of any momentum with seconds left in the first.

The home squad came out flying in the second and pressed hard in the offensive zone. James Wright was rewarded 2:41 into the middle frame off of yet another scramble in front of the net. Brett Festerling made some nice moves to get the open shot on Archibald and Wright slid the loose puck past the Chilliwack goalie to put his team up by three. Machacek tallied his second of the night about ten minutes later on the PP. Once again going to the net, Spencer found the loose biscuit and got it past Archibald who had a hard time controlling rebounds tonight and was frequently left high and dry by his team, not a good combination. Blum notched his third assist and Milan Lucic added a helper on the play. Spencer got his hat-trick goal off of a deflection with time ticking down in the second. Some gritty work by Wright in the corners and some fantastic stick handling and patience on the part of Festerling opened up the ice. Fester threw the puck at the net and Machacek standing at the side angled it past the Bruin net-minder.

The third saw the young guys get more ice-time and the whistles come back out of the pockets after a quiet second penalty-wise. The Bruins being frustrated tried to draw the Giants into losing their cool which to a man they did not. One penalty came off the rush as Lucic was hooked from behind on a partial breakaway, but for some reason was given a hooking penalty while the guy who hooked him garnered a slashing penalty – as I said some very odd officiating. James Wright tallied his second of the night four minutes into the third going to the net with Brent Regner on an odd-man rush, instigated by the d-man who took the puck from the neutral zone hard to the net before dishing off to Wright. The Giants rounded out the scoring with two more hard fought goals, scored by the gritty grinders. Garet Hunt scored his fifth of the campaign, getting a point for his line-mate Craig Cunningham (his first point in the dub), and late in the game on the PP Lance Bouma scored another loose puck goal off of a Blum shot from the point. Sexsmith did not see a lot of rubber but had to be good to preserve the shutout and played one of his best games challenging when he needed to and sitting back when necessary.

The Giants went 3 for 8 on the PP, while holding the visitors to 0 for 6. The Vancouver squad out shot the Chilliwack crew 44 to 20. Machacek was rewarded three times for going to the net. Jonathon Blum added four assists and the 16 year olds became first years and not rookies. Brent Regner had a great game defensively as well as offensively. Festerling gets better with each game. Tim Kraus wheeled and dealed, making some beautiful passes which did not end up in the back of the net, but created the chances. Really - not one of the Giants did not show up and that was what made this blow out worth watching as they did not run up the score shortening their bench but by lengthening it. 15 year olds Evander Kane and Mike Piluso did not look out of place and had some solid ice-time in the third. With JD Watt and four other top players out of the line-up it was gratifying to watch the team gel like they did.

The Giants head up the valley tomorrow for the second part of this home at home series and it’s sure to be a different game. I expect the Bruins to be hungry to get some pride back in front of their home crowd and work a lot harder than they did tonight. I also expect there to be a few more fists flying as there are still a few scores to be settled. The Giants turned the other cheek tonight, but tomorrow evening I don’t think we’ll see that being the case. Should be some good hard-nosed hockey and I expect that Blaine Neufeld will get his second start as a Giant and this time complete the game. The puck drops at Prospera Centre at 5pm PST.

Three Stars

1 – Spencer Machacek
2 – Jonathon Blum
3 – James Wright

Coyote14
12-31-2006, 01:42 AM
I'd give Hunt a 9.1 on for the dive. He managed to throw his arms up in the air, tilt his head back as if he got highsticked in the nose, land on the back of the net and manage to do it all gracefully and without the ref noticing.

Aside from that little issue, I completely agree that the referees were terrible tonight. Somehow Donnie Glennie walked away without a penalty after punching a Giant in the face. The call maybe could have been a slash on the Vancouver player but roughing was the call given... :confused: . And everybody in the building saw Stoesz check Wright into the goal and then pull him out by the seat of his pants without taking a penalty. If the game had been close at all, the reffing would have been a huge issue... luckily it doesn't have to be.

BruinsFan19
12-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Our row kept wondering how this Bruins team won so many games on there Central division tour??? Can't see them getting a point the way they played tonight.

Easy, they hit a lot and played the trap in Alberta.

What exactly are these trade rumours you're talking about?

dj-kris
12-31-2006, 02:53 AM
I think McCue has a date with Lucic tomorrow for that cheap shot on Mikkelson.

The only problem with the hit was he went down awkwardly backwards into the boards and banged his head hardly a cheap shot. Beaner pretty much summed the bruins game up in his first paragraph. As far as the wondering if it was the trade naw i don't think so they didn't play well against kelowna as well and that was before the trade.

Swando
12-31-2006, 03:40 AM
Easy, they hit a lot and played the trap in Alberta.

What exactly are these trade rumours you're talking about?

Every player on the Bruins is probably trade bait at this time of year especially your older players. Look what the Giants did in their 1st years. Trade trade and trade. Sorry to say but if you got a good deal for Santorelli, etc and I mean like a younger good player + a high draft I'd take it and load up on higher draft picks that will play for you as a contender in 3 years. As far as the trades go we have heard rumors of (sorry of the spelling) Asplenud, Petkau, and older D men you have - one already gone. That's how expansion teams get ahead.
Now on the other hand Everett did really well because Constantine played the ugly trap to perfection BUT (sorry most Everett fans) the Everett fans didn't know the difference. Chilliwack fans I dare say would stay home in droves if it were boring hockey to watch--which is what a continual diet of Trap is --boring.

dj-kris
12-31-2006, 03:54 AM
So far it has been good hockey to watch the effort is always very noticeable and i think that is one of the things that keeps me positive is that they show that they are giving it an honest effort and showing improvement. But then they have a game like tonights where they really don't get much better chances to knock off the giants than they did tonight with all the key players out of the giants lineup and the effort they put out was very upsetting along with the result. It would have to be a really good deal for them to give up Santorelli since he is still young and has a few years left and having him with Moller and Ryan Howse next year is very exciting as a bruins fan.

BruinsFan19
12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm well aware that the trap is boring as hell to watch. I'm just saying that and the hitting is what gave them success in Alberta.

As for the trade rumours, I could see Aspenlind getting dealt and MAYBE Petkau (although my usually reliable Bruins source says no) but not Santorelli. He'll be a huge part of their future with Moller and Howse.

Beaner
12-31-2006, 10:45 AM
The only problem with the hit was he went down awkwardly backwards into the boards and banged his head hardly a cheap shot.

Yep, just one of those things, he tried to go around McCue and McCue got a piece of him which spun Mikkelson awkwardly into the boards.

Not a cheap shot. Not a dirty hit. Just one of those hits that happen.

Coyote14
12-31-2006, 11:51 AM
I can't see Aspenlind getting traded. He is the hardest working Bruin and a great leader for this hockey team. I expect, however, that Darrell May will make several moves before the deadline to make this team younger. If we can get a couple draft picks along with some 17 or 18 year old players by limitting the number of 19 year olds we keep, I'll be happy.

dondo
12-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Yep, just one of those things, he tried to go around McCue and McCue got a piece of him which spun Mikkelson awkwardly into the boards.

Not a cheap shot. Not a dirty hit. Just one of those hits that happen.

I don't agree - I think he had stepped around McCue and McCue pushed him from behind into the boards (looked like that to me and I was ice-level across the ice watching it develop -- and this is after the whistle as well). Regardless McCue was no choir-boy last night so they'll find something to fight about :thumb:

I've been thinking about the Bruins Central swing and then it dawned on me, that due to the WJC - the Central especially were missing some key players. The Broncos just beat the Tigers and one of the reasons they gave was that the Tigers were without some players who are at the WJC. Not to take anything away from the Bruins per-se but it makes a bit more sense to me how they could run the board like that.

Knuckles Muldoon
12-31-2006, 12:09 PM
It's nice to win a rout and get a glimpse of the future all at once.
Every Giants 17 and younger was excellent tonight. Blum and Regner were sublime, and Czibere continued with his recent stretch of solid play. Kane got involved and Piluso looked a little better. But our regular 16 yo's, Wright, Bouma and Cunningham were all terrific. These 3 are really starting to figure it out. CC easily played his best game out there, digging for loose pucks and being a pain in the butt. Hunt has been apparently teaching CC how to be a pest, and he's learning the lessons well. Great job. Wright also played his best of the year as well. We're starting to see the talent, along with the continuation of the hard work. He'll be a real nice player when he fills out his jeans a little more. He can skate, he works and buys into the team game. And now with a few points in the column, the confidence will start to propel him towards some more productive nights. Bouma also is looking good, too. Nice to see him use his size and speed to get some good scoring chances. He blew a few great chances in the first period, but at least he's starting to get chances after several months of up-and-down the ice with nothing to show for it. I'm pretty pumped to watch these 3 guys in the second half. Getting production from them will go a long way to help repeating as WHL Champs.
The vets were okay last night, but nothing special. Lucic had a fairly quiet game after the tear he's been on. I thought Machacek had a good, but not great, game. It's just good to see him hang around the net again, because that's how he scores; from 10 feet in. I really liked Kraus' game last night. Not a fancy game for Tim, but a very gritty effort battling for pucks and doing a lot of dirty work. I'd love to see him bring the sandpaper every night. He's a big wheel on this team, he needs to be front and centre with the overall effort each game, even if the puck isn't going in the net. When you're the #1 centre, you've got to be a factor in every game. It comes with the territory. Sexy looked good, but it was an easy shutout. Didn't know who it was lying on the ice after hitting the boards. I thought it was a young forward. Pretty horrified when he got up and it was Mikk. Hope he's okay, although I'm sure he's got a sore neck/back today.
And what is up with the 'wack? They were awful. It's hard to find a player on that roster who had a pulse. At least Moller had a chance or two to score. Where were Santorelli, Petkau and Aspenlind? Invisible. I certainly expected some scraps in the third, but the Bruins didn't even have the heart to get involved with that, although Stoesz looked semi-interested in finding a dance partner.
I expect a much better game today. Bruin pride has to kick in here at some point.

Coyote14
12-31-2006, 12:16 PM
I've been thinking about the Bruins Central swing and then it dawned on me, that due to the WJC - the Central especially were missing some key players. The Broncos just beat the Tigers and one of the reasons they gave was that the Tigers were without some players who are at the WJC. Not to take anything away from the Bruins per-se but it makes a bit more sense to me how they could run the board like that.That would make a lot of sense until you realize that the Bruins should have beaten the Giants too who had 4 regulars at the WJC and 1 serving a suspension. I think it was just the way the team played on the Alberta swing. They out-hit, and outworked every team during the trip and didn't even show up in Vancouver and therefor, got pummeled 8-0.

Beaner
12-31-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't agree - I think he had stepped around McCue and McCue pushed him from behind into the boards (looked like that to me and I was ice-level across the ice watching it develop -- and this is after the whistle as well). Regardless McCue was no choir-boy last night so they'll find something to fight about :thumb:

Heh. Well Dondo you know where I sit so I had front row center seats for that hit, and IMHO it was just one of those half hits that sends a guy awkwardly into the boards.

As to McCue answering the bell today, I wouldnt be surprised at all, one would think that the Chiefs are going to send a message today that they wont get walked over again.

Wouldnt be surprised at all to see some fireworks right off of the opening draw.

Monster
12-31-2006, 12:23 PM
I've been thinking about the Bruins Central swing and then it dawned on me, that due to the WJC - the Central especially were missing some key players. The Broncos just beat the Tigers and one of the reasons they gave was that the Tigers were without some players who are at the WJC. Not to take anything away from the Bruins per-se but it makes a bit more sense to me how they could run the board like that.

Then how do you explain last night? Giants were missing more players than all of those teams and they certainly aren't any stronger.
The Bruins can play with most teams on any night.....No excuses.....They deserved those wins by hard work and desire.
That did not happen last night.

Monster
12-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Heh. Well Dondo you know where I sit so I had front row center seats for that hit, and IMHO it was just one of those half hits that sends a guy awkwardly into the boards.

As to McCue answering the bell today, I wouldnt be surprised at all, one would think that the Chiefs are going to send a message today that they wont get walked over again.

Wouldnt be surprised at all to see some fireworks right off of the opening draw.
Must be a slip or what is it you are trying to say :D

Beaner
12-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Must be a slip or what is it you are trying to say :D

They will always be the chiefs to me. ;) haha

dondo
12-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Then how do you explain last night? Giants were missing more players than all of those teams and they certainly aren't any stronger.
The Bruins can play with most teams on any night.....No excuses.....They deserved those wins by hard work and desire.
That did not happen last night.

True but we got some scoring and effort from the 16 and 17 year olds like we had yet to see this season, so I chalk a bunch of it up to that. We did not play a skill game last night we played the kind of game that hay knew we had to play which was all effort, no quit hockey.

The Bruins were the recipients of the fall-out from a hell of a hard bag skate and complete dressing down by the coach. After the loss to Blazers which should never have been, Hay went medieval on them and it worked.

The Giants have dropped some of the games which had them without four of their starters, but it mostly due to the lack of drive to the net. We dropped a couple to Everett because imo the hunger wasn't there, both teams were comparable but in the end the Giants didn't bring their hard-hats to the cause.

Last night they did. I like the kind of team the Bruins are developing but to say that you won the Alberta swing because you played a bit harder is a bit of denial. I'm sure they brought better effort, how could they not. But I think the lack of those teams having some of their key players had a lot to do with the wins.

you guys are 11 and 24, not bad at all for an expansion team at this time in the season, but to say you would have had the same success in Alberta had they had their full line-ups? I don't think so.

That said I think today's game is going to be a lot closer and the effort brought forward by the Bruins will be much better. I was not being snide saying to take nothing away from the Bruins effort, because I recognize that major effort was necessary, but to say the lack of key players on the other teams did not factor in and it would have been the same result had the work ethic remained the same is just naive in my mind.

Soundy
12-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, it looks like at least one guy in the front row here was enjoying the action... :)

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/export/IMG_3549.JPG

I will say, I thought Chilliwack's goalie put in a good EFFORT, even if he didn't have a lot of success. He seemed to be trying hard, standing on his head at times, just doing it a hair off the mark. And of course, he was in a bit of a shooting gallery - 44 shots! Yo! 36 stops isn't a BAD number! Poor guy didn't get a lot of support from the rest of the team.

scrunt
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, it looks like at least one guy in the front row here was enjoying the action... :)

Yup. It was a good game for close corner action. The only wierd part was when Czibere kissed the glass right in front of me after after a solid hit from a Bruin in the first period, and I had to go most of the game trying not to focus on the imprint of his lips and unshaven chin on the glass... eeeew. Boogaard'd

Soundy
12-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Now this is one happy goal scorer...

http://www2.moltenimage.com/photos/export/IMG_3576.JPG

Monster
12-31-2006, 02:24 PM
I like the kind of team the Bruins are developing but to say that you won the Alberta swing because you played a bit harder is a bit of denial. I'm sure they brought better effort, how could they not. But I think the lack of those teams having some of their key players had a lot to do with the wins.

you guys are 11 and 24, not bad at all for an expansion team at this time in the season, but to say you would have had the same success in Alberta had they had their full line-ups? I don't think so.

That said I think today's game is going to be a lot closer and the effort brought forward by the Bruins will be much better. I was not being snide saying to take nothing away from the Bruins effort, because I recognize that major effort was necessary, but to say the lack of key players on the other teams did not factor in and it would have been the same result had the work ethic remained the same is just naive in my mind.

Thanks for that Dondo, I respect your opinion, but you saying that just having their other players in the lineup would have meant that the Bruins would have no chance is being naive as well. The Bruins are just as capable of winning as any other team even with those players there. They have beaten other good clubs with their full lineup.
How come when the Bruins win a game there always has to be an excuse on the other teams behalf? I am giving no excuses for the Bruins at this stage of the game, they should be able to put in a better effort than they did last night and if they do they should have a chance to win.

dondo
12-31-2006, 02:53 PM
no worries Monster but its not one game - it was almost sweeping the Central (a tough division), and that's what had me scratching my head. I'm not saying that the Bruins would have had no chance but more-so that the odds would be stacked against them - there's always a chance in hockey to come away with a win -- that's what upsets are, but the likelihood of the Bruins having that same record versus the full line-ups, is much slimmer. You guys have a very good top line and an okay back-end and average goaltending from my point of view.

I don't really believe The Bruins can beat any team on a given night, but the fact that you do is excellent as that's how a fan should feel about his team. I wasn't in on the Giants from the beginning so I can't really say how the original fans here perceived their team, but I surmise that they did not really expect their team to fair all that well in the first couple of seasons.

However, then we have the Silvertips who were competitive right out of the gate, so I don't really know. I think the Bruins do have a great base to build from though. The PP is looking very good, but they are still a growing team.

So we disagree -- c'est la vie -- it'll be a good game today I expect -- I respect your opinion as well Monster and welcome that kind of disagreement any time. Sometimes I'll be able to back-up my opinions and sometimes I'll just be talking out of my a** :thumb: -- but being called on it doesn't bother me in the least -- if you can tolerate the detailed verbosity that is. :skeptical :D

Soundy
12-31-2006, 02:56 PM
no worries Monster but its not one game - it was almost sweeping the Central (a tough division), and that's what had me scratching my head. I'm not saying that the Bruins would have had no chance but more-so that the odds would be stacked against them - there's always a chance in hockey to come away with a win -- that's what upsets are, but the likelihood of the Bruins having that same record versus the full line-ups, is much slimmer.

Hey, what are the chances that the Canucks could have won the last three straight divisional games, and two of them on the road? :D Pretty slim, these days, but hey, we'll take it!

dondo
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
take it outside NHL boy! :p

Soundy
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Just sayin', I don't think the Bruins fans are complaining too much about it, whether it's an anomaly or not :)

BruinsFan19
12-31-2006, 11:22 PM
I can't see Aspenlind getting traded. He is the hardest working Bruin and a great leader for this hockey team. I expect, however, that Darrell May will make several moves before the deadline to make this team younger. If we can get a couple draft picks along with some 17 or 18 year old players by limitting the number of 19 year olds we keep, I'll be happy.

He's also a 20 year old who deserves to go to a team that could make some noise in the playoffs. That is why I could see them trading him.