PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Dumped...

Big Ern
12-31-2006, 01:44 AM
It sounded like playoffs in Swifty tonight, everybody.
This was the most entertaining game I've ever seen! How exciting! Our forwards were tremendous, as guys like Levi and Borty continue to step it right up. Levi has scored first in three of the last four games, and is riding a six-game point streak! Our defense was relentless. Also, goaltending was superb!
Always great to dump the Tigers. However, they were missing at least five of their core, and I mean CORE guys! Heck there was Russel, Helm, Schlemko, Todd, and also Swystun, who is young but dangerous. They were all not there. But, Keetley didn't look good at all, and let in a few weak ones. They took some undisciplined penalties, which cost them. An unbelievable night for our tean, on this tragic anniversary. Great crowd, also. WOW! Tigers...Saturday Night...Civic Centre...GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
Once again, the headline....TIGERS DUMPED....

Scout
12-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Broncos Win Thriller
DEC 30 - The Swift Current Broncos will be heading into the new year on a winning note after their 2nd win in as many nights on Saturday night when they defeated one of their biggest rivals in the Medicine Hat Tigers. The win came in front of the Broncos biggest crowd of the season at 2,186.

A solid performance in goal by Kyle Moir propelled the club to a 5-2 victory. Levi Nelson and Kyle Bortis both scored twice in the Broncos win while European forward David Stieler added the other Bronco goal. Bortis recorded both of his goals while on the power play, which finished 2 for 7 on the evening.

Meanwhile the Tigers received their goals from Tyler Ennis and Jordan Hickmott, both of which were even strength goals. Matt Keetley was chased from the net after allowing 5 goals on 20 shots.

The teams next action goes on New Year's Day when they travel to Saskatoon to take on the Blades. Game time goes at 4:00pm and the game can be heard on the radio air waves via the Eagle 94.1. Fans can also watch the game on the WHL Live Feed.

Flathead
12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
How about RJ destroying Chris Stevens to get the game started. The punch count had to be about 23-4 and RJ got the take down as well. I love it when we can get under Dorsett's skin instead of him getting under ours, last night he didn't look very deserving of wearing the "C" imo.
I loved the effort put out by everyone all weekend, but a rookie that got a lot of ice time over the weekend really stood out to me. Phil Gervais to me could be our next Syzsky, or Ondrus. He was getting a pretty regular shift, killing penalties and hitting everything that was near him. Keep up the good work. Also Tassone showed that he can play well, given the chance.

Scout
12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
The guys played great the last two games. Good they are playing as a team. Both teams the last two games are playing awesome hockey and we took it to them. Sure Med Hat was missing alot of players but Keetley was very week tonight and looked ordinary. I would think Med Hats vets would have stepped in and taken more of a leadership role but they didn't. Congrats to Smith for stepping up and making the Hat D-man pay for the hit from behind he layed earlier in the game. Got in close and did a perfect Tiger Williams scrap. Baldwin looked lost in the scrap and couldn't use his size. Also R.J. answering Stevens challenge 1 second in and setting the tone for the game that you can't intimidate this team as they have guys like R.J. who can answer the bell and boy did he. I over heard some people saying R.J. fractured his wrist in the fight but don't know if it's true. It's only a rumor but he never returned after hammering Stevens. Great game guys and lets have pay back on Saskatoon on Monday. They seem to have our number this year.

Scout

ointhecreek
12-31-2006, 12:25 PM
When I seen who Smith was taking on I figured holy crap! Smith is gonna get a lickin'. Was I surprised when he pinned the big guy against the glass and fed him a few good overhand rights! This kid surprises me every time he scraps. He also seems to pick the biggest guys and does real well. Broncos did real well this weekend other then a few lapses clearing their own zone again, but getting better with the break-out passes. Looking forward to the second half and new year. yeehoo
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!I wish you all a happy, healthy, prosperous 2007!
GO BRONCOS GO!!!! nhl nhl nhl nhl

CatFan
12-31-2006, 04:58 PM
I went to the game in Lethbridge on Friday, and on the way home I said to my husband, damn we should have waited and gone to Swift. They can't possibly play any worse. It seems I was wrong!! I am also very disappointed in the play of our veteran players lately. It seems guys like Ennis and Bosch are trying to carry the team, and I'm wondering where are Dorsett? Stevens? Undershute? etc. etc. Also Keetley hasn't looked good since mid-December. I'm thinking the Tigers aren't done trading, and will possibly be looking for more leadership type players. Mind you, when we get Russell, Helm, Schlemko, Rumpel back we will have about 150 points inserted back into our line-up. Anyway, Happy New Year Bronco fans. You earn the right to gloat today!!

bandwagonboy
12-31-2006, 06:28 PM
I bet that Swift had a whole lot of extra adrenaline running considering it was the 20th aniversary of that terrible crash.

If Moir gets hot and if some of the swift forwards can get on a run and start putting the puck in the net the broncs could make alot of noise in the playoffs this year.

Big Ern
12-31-2006, 09:53 PM
I bet that Swift had a whole lot of extra adrenaline running considering it was the 20th aniversary of that terrible crash.

If Moir gets hot and if some of the swift forwards can get on a run and start putting the puck in the net the broncs could make alot of noise in the playoffs this year.

This is very very VERY early to predict, but right now, the only team in the East that I'm a bit jittery of, would be Moose Jaw, and they're not gonna make playoffs! Brandon is ahead of us, of course, but we're 3 and 0 against them this year. We're 4 and 0 against P.A., who is just behind us. The way Regina's playing, I don't know what their plan is. They're awful lately, and have been the entire season.
A big test tomorrow in Toon town, and we have to show the Blades where they're at in the standings. WE ABSELOUTELY HAVE TO WIN!!! The Blades' win streak is not a concern at all. Our team is almost famous for breaking win streaks this season. They have broken two six-gamers, and one five-gamer, and I would think...and hope, that the Blades' streak has come to a bitter end...we'll have to see though! Go Swifty tomorrow, and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

bandwagonboy
01-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Brandon is good, but they don't have the goaltending and defence that swift has. Come playoff time I'm always going to bet on the team with the goaltending and defence. I don't know if Swift can gun with some of the central teams but they're the team I like in the east.

A great defence can make a great offence look very average. And a great offence that gets frustrated will commit defencive errors which in turn can allow a few extra chances. And a few extra chances is what an offence like Swift's will need.

Five Hole
01-01-2007, 07:44 PM
A big test tomorrow in Toon town, and we have to show the Blades where they're at in the standings. WE ABSELOUTELY HAVE TO WIN!!! The Blades' win streak is not a concern at all. Our team is almost famous for breaking win streaks this season. They have broken two six-gamers, and one five-gamer, and I would think...and hope, that the Blades' streak has come to a bitter end...

Oh,well! haha :D

Big Ern
01-01-2007, 08:32 PM
The Blades have to make up somewhere, for that nine-gamer through Alberta! They have a case of "J.S. Gugiere syndrome"....two red-hot young goalies that look like brick walls right now, and it won't take long and they'll turn back into sieves again! LOL LOL
Hope they enjoy the win. I knew what would happen going in, because the Broncos NEVER win an afternoon game or a MONDAY game. To make matters worse, today it was Monday and Afternoon combined!! LOL LOL LOL Didn't hurt us though. Regina beat the Wheaties 3-0, and we have a game in hand on Brandon.