PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Dumped....

Big Ern
12-31-2006, 01:52 AM
First off, thanks to all Tiger fans who came and joined our crowd for this tragic twentieth anniversary. It is appreciated.
It sounded like playoffs in Swifty tonight, everybody.
This was the most entertaining game I've ever seen! How exciting! Our forwards were tremendous, as guys like Levi and Bortis continue to step it right up. Levi has scored first in three of the last four games, and is riding a six-game point streak! Our defense was relentless. Also, goaltending was superb!
Always great to dump the Tigers. However, they were missing at least five of their core, and I mean CORE guys! Heck there was Russel, Helm, Schlemko, Todd, and also Swystun, who is young but dangerous. They were all not there. But, Keetley didn't look good at all, and let in a few weak ones. They took some undisciplined penalties, which cost them. Taking nothing away from the Tabbies, however. They never ever give up. Let's not forget it was also their third in three nights, and have now lost three straight.
An unbelievable night for our team, on this tragic anniversary. Great crowd, also. WOW! Tigers...Saturday Night...Civic Centre...GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
Once again, the headline....TIGERS DUMPED....

Tiger Trauma
12-31-2006, 10:44 AM
yea I went to that game in swift. The broncos played reall well. The broncos got off to a fast start when larochelle gave chris stevens a good beating to start the game. Zach smith also gave baldwin a few knuckle sandwiches, later on.

Dorsett, and baldwin I thought had an aweful game, the broncos got under dorsett's skin pretty good. Dorsett had a 2 on 1 twice during the game last night, and both times shot at the last second.

Swift did a good job at getting to rebounds, and winning those 1 on 1 battles, although there a few times when they couldnt get out of thier end. When they did get into trouble moir, stood his ground, and played a solid game

One thing i see more of lately about the tigers, is more of an individualized effort, and less teamwork, if that makes sense.

having 5-19 r olds, and 1-18 yr old out of the lineup, is really making our team look pretty average. Not too concerned about the funk were in, the only thing I'm concerned with right now is our goaltending

Flathead
12-31-2006, 11:24 AM
yea I went to that game in swift. The broncos played reall well. The broncos got off to a fast start when larochelle gave chris stevens a good beating to start the game. Zach smith also gave baldwin a few knuckle sandwiches, later on.

Dorsett, and baldwin I thought had an aweful game, the broncos got under dorsett's skin pretty good. Dorsett had a 2 on 1 twice during the game last night, and both times shot at the last second.

Swift did a good job at getting to rebounds, and winning those 1 on 1 battles, although there a few times when they couldnt get out of thier end. When they did get into trouble moir, stood his ground, and played a solid game

One thing i see more of lately about the tigers, is more of an individualized effort, and less teamwork, if that makes sense.

having 5-19 r olds, and 1-18 yr old out of the lineup, is really making our team look pretty average. Not too concerned about the funk were in, the only thing I'm concerned with right now is our goaltending
Thanks for coming down to the game. Dorsett and Baldwin did have a poor game. Baldwin took too many penalties and we got under Dorsett's skin before he could get under ours. If you can do that to him it takes him a lot to get back on track. he did play a much better third period I thought. I was also surprised at the goaltending of Keetley, has he been struggling lately?
And thanks for showing your support with the Four Leaf Clover.

CatFan
12-31-2006, 05:03 PM
goaltending really concerns me as well. I would have expected Keetley to step up his game in the absence of so many veterans, but he has looked terrible. It's like he just isn't mentally prepared to start the game, but gets better as the game goes on (except last night). This is the way it was in Lethbridge, 2 weak goals in the first and then he settled down, but by then we were down and out. No emotion, and it seems we can't complete a pass for our life. I'm thinking a trade is still imminent, but Willie doesn't seem to have much confidence in Holfeld as Keetley starts every game no matter how badly he plays.

Trav
12-31-2006, 05:22 PM
He's scored two goals since Christmas break which is good for a sixteen year old, should give him more confidence but has he been taking advantage of the increased playing time with Helm and the euro gone to the WJ's but making good plays and etc or were the goals just like easy tip ins and anyone could've scored them?

loudi94
12-31-2006, 08:11 PM
goaltending really concerns me as well. I would have expected Keetley to step up his game in the absence of so many veterans, but he has looked terrible. It's like he just isn't mentally prepared to start the game, but gets better as the game goes on (except last night). This is the way it was in Lethbridge, 2 weak goals in the first and then he settled down, but by then we were down and out. No emotion, and it seems we can't complete a pass for our life. I'm thinking a trade is still imminent, but Willie doesn't seem to have much confidence in Holfeld as Keetley starts every game no matter how badly he plays.

I don't blame Keetley on Lethbridge's 2nd goal. It would have taken an incredible effort to save the Craige one timer. He also saved 4 breakaways and a bunch of point blank shots that game. Unlike the last game, he certainly was not the reason they lost against Lethbridge that's for sure

Flathead
12-31-2006, 09:03 PM
He's scored two goals since Christmas break which is good for a sixteen year old, should give him more confidence but has he been taking advantage of the increased playing time with Helm and the euro gone to the WJ's but making good plays and etc or were the goals just like easy tip ins and anyone could've scored them?
Hickmott looked very good last night, I noticed him a few times then when I looked at the line up I was surprised to see that he was only 16. A good one for the future.

Tiger Trauma
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
keetley sometimes "falls asleep" where he doesnt pick the puck up right away and has a delayed reaction.

He has been doing this a little more often lately, which leads me to believe he is getting a little exhuasted. It takes a big toll mentally on a goaltender to play 3 games in a row. Holfeld is a decent goalie, and it suprises me he gets so little time between the pipes. I just want keetely to bring his A+++ game during the playoffs. Cause as we found out last year a hot goaltender can really push a team over the edge.

Tiger Trauma
12-31-2006, 09:16 PM

The goal he scored last night was a rebound goal. Right place at the right time. He should defeintly use this time to play as well as possible. Once everyone is healthy it will be hard to crack the lineup on a regular basis