PDA

View Full Version : Debate...

Brandon Wheatkings
02-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Ok,rookie of the year award should go to who?Whats your unbiased opinion?

I'am not being biased but I honestly think that Tyler Plante should get it.No knock to what Wick has done but I just don't think a older euro should recieve it,plus he's put up ok #'s but Plante is a starter with a large # of wins 4 shutouts,a decent GAA along with save %.

Triton
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree Plante should get rookie of the year.

Brad
02-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Its my opinion that the rookie of the year award should be limited to 16 or 17 year olds.

rinkrat
02-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Andrej Meszaros.If Makarov can win the NHL rookie of the year,then...Until the rule is changed,we will have to go with the best rookie,regardless of age!

Triton
02-24-2005, 07:18 PM
In that case it still wouldn't be Meszaros.

Spungy
02-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Meszaros gets our vote!

Tinner
02-25-2005, 07:56 AM
as defined: any player, regardless of age, who is in his first full season of play in the WHL, or, a player who has participated in the previous season but not more than X number of games.

By the intent of that rule, and being fair, Roman Wick certainly qualifies.

Thundercat
02-28-2005, 03:14 PM
The way the rule stands now It should go to Roman Wick.

That being said I cant beleive they havent changed the rule. The WHL has 19 year old rookies who played the year before in an elite league. This award should be for the best rookie 16 or 17 years old. If you need an award for the 19 year old guys coming into the league have the "import player of the year"

Jimmy
02-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Based on numbers alone, I would vote Plante as well.
I would be a bit more sure of my vote if the damn Wheat Kings would show up here more than once a year. :mad:

While I love the way Meszaros plays, and I've seen plenty of him, I don't think he has played well enough to warrent the award. Now, if he kept on playing the way he did in the first month or two, that would be a different story.