PDA

View Full Version : Milan Lucic - we could be watching his last year of junior hockey

N.W. Bruin
12-31-2006, 10:53 PM
As far fetched as it seemed at the start of the year with the way he is playing the Giants could lose him to Boston Bruins as a underage next season. He is after all physically ready for the NHL with his size right now (Brule not physically ready) and what with is skating and skill with the puck it is more than likely that he could make the Bruins out of training camp. Wouldn't have thought that even though he was a second round pick last June by them but he is vastly improved over last year and ions ahead of when he was sixteen and playing some with the Giants. Knuckles and me were discussing this as we were coming back from the Wack.

Kassian
01-01-2007, 04:17 AM
As great as Lucic is playing right now I highly doubt that. If Lucic were allowed to play pro hockey somewhere next season (besides the NHL) then possibly. But since that isn't the case I wouldn't expect it to happen until after next season.

dondo
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree -- I don't think that Milan will find his way onto the Bruins until he's at least 20, and then probably spend some time in Providence. He's having a great run right now, but he's no superstar at this level which what it takes to make the jump so soon.

I am very surprised that Brule has not faired very well in the NHL and he was a superstar game-breaker in this league -- not as big as Milan but with tons more skill and awareness.

I think Milan will have a great shot at making the Canadian Junior team next year, and we might lose him as an OA a couple of years from now, but next season that's usually reserved for players drafted in the top ten and often not even then.

N.W. Bruin
01-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Overagers are guys who just cannot cut it either by not developing fast or just not having it in the first place. To lose underagers is bad for the junior teams while to lose guys through their normal graduation is the normal way things work. Paul Albers was one overager that salvaged his pro career by his overage season.

Usually fans can count on guys that likely will be the overagers in the next season by pointing at guys who don't give a effort, not talented enough ect.

Andy Rooney
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
will not be an overage next year, he will be in his 19th year which means NHL or Junior. AHL not an option.

Kassian
01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
will not be an overage next year, he will be in his 19th year which means NHL or Junior. AHL not an option.

Exactly why I said I wouldn't expect this to be Lucic's last season with the Giants. Maybe after next season it's possible, but he'll be back next year without a doubt.