PDA

View Full Version : Carey Price and Team Canada Win!!

Flathead
01-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Way to go Canada. Hard way to lose for a potential gold medal, the shoot out, should get out. IMO, it got boring after the 3rd or 4th shooter. But at least we're going for the gold!!! I would have liked to see these two teams play on North American ice and with North American officials, the game lacked a lot of the hard hitting and rough stuff, it was like everyone was afraid to get a penalty so they decided to not hit. Price was amazing, let's go get the GOLD!!!

old_time_hockey
01-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I can't stand it when a ref pockets his whistle the way this one did mid 2nd then pulls it out in OT. Total garbage.

If it's a call in the 1st period, it is a call in OT.

I also still don't like the shootout to decide a playoff game.

Go for the gold boys!

Carebear
01-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I only got to listen to it on the radio at work, and I was soooo stressed!

Now I have to run home at lunch and set the VCR to records the replay at 1:00 because I HAAAAAAAVE to see this!

I also hate shootouts, but not just for playoff games, for all games.
Ah well, the boys did it, thats what matters to me!

WAY TO GO TEAM CANADA!

And great job USA, nice to see you guys put up a tough battle, makes it all much more entertaining!

Fight Guy
01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
...Is it the same system for the gold medal game??? I hope not :(

old_time_hockey
01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
The shootout wouldn't be so bad if it was CHL style where you can't have a repeat shooter until you have gone through the line up.

The result probably wouldn't have taken as long to get to.

rinkrat
01-03-2007, 06:07 PM
The shootout wouldn't be so bad if it was CHL style where you can't have a repeat shooter until you have gone through the line up..

I liked that part,if you are going to have a shootout,you may as well see the best shooters.
Obviously most fans don't want a big game to end in a shootout,but its been happening in the IIHF for decades.Its not like both teams didn't know it could come down to shots.
BTW,can't wait for Mueller to come to town so I can give him a friendly reminder.

BladeRunner
01-05-2007, 03:31 PM
CANADA WINS GOLD! i dont know how you can hate the shoot out, its so great! :groovy:

i was so happy when Mueller missed the shot, it just made it better just because its was him, i will be honest, i really dont like him and he is whereing a cursed number! cant wait till he gets a concussion, ha ha!

Mueller haha haha
88 haha haha

dondo
01-05-2007, 04:17 PM
the shootout is great IF YOU WIN -- we lose that shootout and there's a different tune being played here.

shootouts suck for championship games

shootouts destroy the spirit of hockey which at its heart is a TEAM game. the game should be won or lost by the TEAM. Shootouts are also a crap-shoot on a given night any team can win a shootout, but not every team can win a championship game.