PDA

View Full Version : Henry

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Well, I think that if he wasn't getting traded prior to the deadline before tonight's game, his brainless play in the last half of the 3rd period tonight pretty much seals the deal.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Having a player out there for 2+ minutes isn't very smart. Having these players take shorter shifts will improve on the mental errors in the third period. Even if you go with only 4 D, it works better to have them take 45 second shift rotations. If a player can stay out on the ice for 2+ minutes, its one of two things, they are not skating hard enough on the shift to get tired, or like Henry (not that its his fault) you get mentally tired to finish the game.From what I have heard, Henry is supposed to change up a lot of the time, but chooses to ignore it. Not really too sure how he keeps getting away with that, but that is what I have heard from a pretty reliable source. The thing that troubles me about Henry is that every game that he takes one of his stupid penalties late in the game, his teammates seem to put about 0% effort into killing that penalty.

Warrior Fan
01-04-2007, 10:14 PM
From what I have heard, Henry is supposed to change up a lot of the time, but chooses to ignore it. Not really too sure how he keeps getting away with that, but that is what I have heard from a pretty reliable source. The thing that troubles me about Henry is that every game that he takes one of his stupid penalties late in the game, his teammates seem to put about 0% effort into killing that penalty.
LOL
It was a nice trade for us last season as Hanson was one of our best dmen down the stretch. Henry was likely our worst dman so that was a no brainer for management in MJ. YOur complaints seem like a broken record from MJ over the last few seasons. Skate like the wind but makes horrible decisions with and without the puck and just doesn't compete all that hard.

One guy I expected way more from is Peiper. I thought he would bea nice player. So confident and physical when he was here.

SectionNDeserter
01-04-2007, 10:37 PM
LOL
It was a nice trade for us last season as Hanson was one of our best dmen down the stretch. Henry was likely our worst dman so that was a no brainer for management in MJ. YOur complaints seem like a broken record from MJ over the last few seasons. Skate like the wind but makes horrible decisions with and without the puck and just doesn't compete all that hard.Yeah, looking at the trade last season, we looked like the clear winners giving up a defensemen with almost no points and a terrible +/- in Hansen, and an absolutely brutal goaltender that didn't look any better in MJ, for Henry and a goaltender in Lepp that almost carried us into the last playoff spot. Henry was incredible from his start here till the end of the season. He still skates with the wind, and for the most part has been making good decisions with and without the puck this year, and for the most part he has been working his ass off here this year still. I think one of his biggest problems this year as mentioned previously is taking shifts that are far to long, and taking absolutely stupid penalties in the late stages of the game (which is probably a side-effect of fatigue). I also think that he hasn't really been providing that much in terms of leadership, for an overage player. He is still our #1 defenseman, and since he is still playing in this league, I would give the Rebels a slight edge on that trade, but it doesn't look as crafty as it did last year.

One guy I expected way more from is Peiper. I thought he would bea nice player. So confident and physical when he was here.His confidence has suffered quite a bit from being injured for about 75% of his stay here, but he is still VERY physical, but never really developed any sort of offense in his game. I am happy to have him here this season (when he isn't injured), but I hope they don't keep him as an overage next season, as we would be minus an overager for most of the season while he recovers from whatever malady is plaguing him.

Warrior Fan
01-05-2007, 12:02 PM
His poise with the puck and passing ability just was incredible. He worked hard and never got beat one on one or 2 on 1. Moving the puck up to our forwards with that good first pass created a ton of speed through the neutral zone and really allowed our skilled guys to show of their skill that much more.

We got a draft pick for Leslie which was nice as well. Overall that trade worked out far better than I thought it would at the time. Henry just wasn't a great leader, made a ton of mistakes and simply didn't get the job done. Frankly I am concerned with the statement that he is your # 1 dman. That isn't a strong statement I don't think. Even if he was a Warrior this season I can't see him being relied upon to be our # 1 dman. Just me though.

I will say, I thought Herman would have showed some more touch around the net. He is strong as a bull with great speed. I just thought he would learn to use those assets and really start to score some goals. I think our coach needs to work them harder during practices when we have long stretches without a game. Keep them in top physical condition to compete harder every night

SectionNDeserter
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
His poise with the puck and passing ability just was incredible. He worked hard and never got beat one on one or 2 on 1. Moving the puck up to our forwards with that good first pass created a ton of speed through the neutral zone and really allowed our skilled guys to show of their skill that much more.Good that he worked out there, I thought that when he played here he was an extremely soft player for a 6'4 defenseman that was advertised as being a tough, stay-at-home defenseman when we acquired him.

We got a draft pick for Leslie which was nice as well. Overall that trade worked out far better than I thought it would at the time.Yeah, that enigma of a goalie somehow managed to sucker a number of teams into giving up something for him. Have to give him some credit for that.

Henry just wasn't a great leader, made a ton of mistakes and simply didn't get the job done.He hasn't made a ton of mistakes here, but he hasn't shown a lot of leadership, which is probably why he has lost the 'A'.

Frankly I am concerned with the statement that he is your # 1 dman. That isn't a strong statement I don't think. Even if he was a Warrior this season I can't see him being relied upon to be our # 1 dman. Just me though.He has the skating skill, positioning, conditioning and shot to be one of the top 5 defensemen in the league, so being our #1 defenseman isn't totally out to lunch. Unfortunately, what makes him not one of the top 5 defensemen in the league is his lack of leadership, taking shifts that are far too long, and taking stupid, selfish penalties at crucial times in the game.

I will say, I thought Herman would have showed some more touch around the net. He is strong as a bull with great speed. I just thought he would learn to use those assets and really start to score some goals. I think our coach needs to work them harder during practices when we have long stretches without a game. Keep them in top physical condition to compete harder every nightI liked Herman's speed when he was here, but he wasn't very strong, very skinny and had the puck taken away from him a lot. He also pretty much refused to shoot the puck when he had clear chances, electing to pass it off instead. Like you I thought he was going to turn out better than he did.