PDA

View Full Version : This weekend is make or break

loudi94
01-04-2007, 12:36 AM
If the Canes don't make up any ground in the next week and with only approx. 10 home dates left after the deadline, do the Canes make moves for the future at the deadline? Hogg, Bailey, Werenka are 20 and won't be back. Kudelka will be playing in the AHL next year. Farmanara, Wuchterl, Dietrich and Vantuch (don't waste a 20 year old spot with an import)will be 20 next year. Any of these guys could be moved to a team looking to make a run. I see Kudelka and Hogg fetching the best return. Farmer will probably be one of our 20 year olds next year, but who knows what trader Roy will do.

Porkchop
01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
From late January to early March the Canes play 18 road games out of 21 games played. To make the playoffs they would need one of the central teams to go on a very long losing streak, and I don't see that happening. They would be smart to add for next year because it will be their year for sure.

canes77
01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I agree, this home and home here is so important...And I believe Randy King is also going to be 20 next season...I think he would get an overage spot unless an AHL team wants him.

neutral
01-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Fifth place in the central, would be second in the East and sixth over all in the conference. No point in complaining about the play off format. Just have to go out and win to move up to fourth in the central.

shushu
01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
if they win tomorrows game i cant see any big trades happening . the race will be to close, even if hogg and kudelka would look very good in a giants uniform and bring back a good return. it doesnt seem to be on roys agenda to sell out yet another year for progress towards the future......................

loudi94
01-06-2007, 12:01 AM
if they win tomorrows game i cant see any big trades happening . the race will be to close, even if hogg and kudelka would look very good in a giants uniform and bring back a good return. it doesnt seem to be on roys agenda to sell out yet another year for progress towards the future......................

They might be buyers as opposed to sellers if they win on Saturday. That first rounder is still burning a hole in their pockets.

grainbear
01-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Can not see anything happening before the trade deadline . Unless some one makes a absolute offer that is impossible to refuse. When we made a move for Bailey that was it for for trades for this season. This team is young , great young defense and goaltending, with fast young forwards. For us to trade when we appear set during this homestand to build confidence and move into the playoff postions with Kudelka and Vantuk coming back from world juniors looks good. Yes we will loose Hogg, Bailey and Werenka to age and most likely Kudelka , and Vantuk to the AHL or maybe European pro leaques look at whats on the fence waiting to come for next year 2 picks in the import draft, Mitch Versteeg, Frederickson, and Mitch Mcolm on defense . And then forwards like Iwanski, Braes, Fyten, Piller, Ashton, and both Murrays never mind what other treasures are in the future. Even , if this team struggles during the February schedule we should be okay. Yes lots of games on the road but it does leave room for practise rest.