PDA

View Full Version : Last night in Everett!

Kristi
01-04-2007, 10:25 AM
What a treat to get to see Landon Ferraro in his first WHL game last night! You guys in Red Deer are in for a really fun time with him on the team. He did not shy away from anything. Just wait until he has a growth spurt and puts on some weight! (And yes Ray was there being a dad!! It was cool to see!)

Those Sutter boys sure work hard! Guess when your dad and uncle own/GM and coach the team you better work hard!

Reimer was lucky last night.....must have had his rabbits foot in his pads. He didn't play badly though and I thought for sure we were headed for OT!

Other players who stood out for various reasons both good and bad.........Henry, Doucet, Starkov and Wray.

Dwight Schrute
01-04-2007, 03:36 PM
What a treat to get to see Landon Ferraro in his first WHL game last night! You guys in Red Deer are in for a really fun time with him on the team. He did not shy away from anything. Just wait until he has a growth spurt and puts on some weight! (And yes Ray was there being a dad!! It was cool to see!)

Those Sutter boys sure work hard! Guess when your dad and uncle own/GM and coach the team you better work hard!

Reimer was lucky last night.....must have had his rabbits foot in his pads. He didn't play badly though and I thought for sure we were headed for OT!

Other players who stood out for various reasons both good and bad.........Henry, Doucet, Starkov and Wray.
how did doucet do ?

Redwic
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
... but I understand that he's still young. I don't know what game you were watching, Kristi, as I was watching Ferraro shy away from a lot of things the entire game. I had told some people, before the game, to watch him as he might be one of the top players in the league within a few seasons. After the game, those people ridiculed the fact that Ferraro was ducking & diving & trying to not be physical... it kind of reminded us of Mueller from last season. It was nothing like when Kyle Beach first joined the Silvertips on their road trip last season and immediately held nothing back. I'm sure that Ferraro will live up to the hype, eventually, but I just didn't see it last night. But, hey, it was only his first game, and it sometimes takes a while to get into rhythm.

As for the Sutters, I couldn't agree more. We even thought that #27 (Brett?) deserved a 'Star of the Game'.

The player who was driving us crazy all night was #6 (Henry). We couldn't believe how many times that he would cheapshot the Silvertips' players, and especially Beach.
------------

The Rebels were thoroughly outplayed for much of the game, but the lack of scoring made it still quite enjoyable to watch. And we still think that your team's black jerseys rock!