PDA

View Full Version : Gillies named to top prospects game!!

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
01-04-2007, 05:48 PM
TORONTO – The Canadian Hockey League and National Hockey League today announced the 40 players who will participate in the 2007 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game on Wednesday January 17 in Quebec City. Included in that group was the 17-year old centre Colton Gillies of the Saskatoon Blades who has appeared 32 games for Blades year collecting 7 goals and 10 assists for 17 points to go along with 60 penalty minutes. Gillies also represented the team at the ADT Canada Russia Challenge held earlier this year in Chilliwack.

Five Hole
01-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Good on him. I seriously hope he plays well. There's a lot of people wanting to see him start showing some justification for his continuing to be ranked as high as he is :skeptical He's got the tools, but he's gotta start making better use of them.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
the article that GBG#3 has in his post is from:www.saskatoonblades.com

Where is Justin McCrae in all of this?? :confused:

Am I the only person that thinks that Justin McCrae should have been on the roster?

I can kind of understand that he was left of the team (WHL) Canada VS team Russia(ok maybe he should have been on that team? )

But being left off of both teams? In my opinon that is ridiculous :(

It is as if he is not even ranked for the NHL draft.(he is still ranked to be a low 1st rounder,or maybe 2nd rounder) Ok a person would think that McCrae would get some recognition.

I would think that he would get some credit for being one of the leading point getters on the Blades(but then again look where the Blades are in the standings.) He is not supposed to carry this team on his back but he is doing well considering the circumstances and that he is one of the younger players and Assistant Captain of this team.

But Gillies is an Assistant Captain as well.

I better stop this before I get into trouble.

Anyways Congratulations to Colton Gillies again,and hoepfully this time he can be more productive.

Blades 4 Life!
01-07-2007, 03:10 AM
i believe that McCrae and Gillies should BOTH be going but thats not how it's going. During the last couple of home games Gillies has sure stepped it up a notch. I was a bit disappointed with his play at the start of the year but i always thought that he would step it up but it took him longer than me or anyone expected but i think this is a turn around for him and he came though during the Blades 7 game winning streak and the win tonight at home vs. the Raiders! I was still surprised that McCrae didn't make the team.

GoBladesGo

Shortys
01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Funny how things worked out. Even if Macrae was named to the game, he would not get to play because of his concussion. Either way, I think he should have been named to it, he is not getting the recognition he deserves this year yet but it will come. Good luck Gillies on wednesday, I cant wait to watch the game and see Gillies turn on his stuff!!!! :clap: