PDA

View Full Version : Canada Wins Gold!

BladeRunner
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
yeehoo Canada wins gold! that was a good game. yeehoo

the whole tournament was awsome! how about the play of Price between the pipes! what a player he is. and of course the shootout and the three goals scored all different by the great Jonathan Toews!

i was so happy when #88 PETER MUELLER didn't score! great game thow.

i would like some input on what you thought of the tournament, gold medal game or the players.

old_time_hockey
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I would lay down cash that 5-3 SH breakaway for the commies wouldn't have happened if Franson was on the ice.

*BURRRRRP* What was that??? Oh just Bourdon coughing up the puck.

That and Franson distributes the puck so much better than Luc as well. I also believe that he is the only right hand shot on Canada's blue line as well. Why wouldn't you want him out there?

I couldn't stand the officials. Toews gets hit in the head no call. Then a Russian gets hit, clutches his face and oh, poor baby. Big bad Canadians hit him. Equal standard people!! There are 2 plays in the Russian play book when behind. Either lay the lumber on them...which they did but got called and got burned. So go to plan B which is slap on the speedos and climb the 10m board. Just sick.

Gotta love Russell...Just so solid all tournament long.

Price, what much more can you say -> MVP.

Franson was unlucky not to have a few more points. Made a couple of nice feeds today alone that weren't converted.

Toews - I feel so sad for this boy. Has to go to the Blackhawks. Waste of an amazing player.

I think Goldmember said it best when he said "I love GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD"

3peatł

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Every player played well on team Canada despite some of them that saw very limited ice time(Karl Alzner,and Kendal Mcardle)

Carey Price definatly deserved the MVP award.

Something that I did not expect to hear was when TSN interviewed Jonathon Toews and he let a F Bomb out,but I dont think that is a very big deal because he was very excited because they just won the gold.

Hopefully they can do the same thing next year in the Czech Republic and go for the 4th straight Gold medal.

I can not wait until Tri City visits Saskatoon on Febuary 24th. :bounce: :groovy:

dondo
01-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Price was great for this tournament .. a lot more mature and looked calm and cool between the pipes. deserved both MVPs (he got both the goalie MVP and the tournament MVP -- the only other player in the running for my money was Toews)

Reffing started out good and then sagged horribly, way too many Olympic spring-board champions on the Russian side not being called, and lots of equalisation penalties for little reason. But whatever it was good game and other than Canada slipping in the second by sitting back a bit, they played a very solid hockey anchored by their very mobile and smart defense.

I thought Bourdon was excellent OTH, his positioning quelled quite a few rushes which could have been bad. Franson although I really like him has been know to cough the puck up too -- you've watched him do it :D

btw nice assist for Franson on the Toews goal -- good low shot to get the rebound so that Toews could be fed on the other side of the net.