PDA

View Full Version : Meet Franson and McArdle at the Airport

old_time_hockey
01-05-2007, 04:26 PM
The Vancouver Giants congratulate defenceman CODY FRANSON and forward KENNDAL McARDLE (left) on capturing a Gold Medal for Canada at the 2007 World Junior Championships.

Franson had a power play assist on the game-winning goal in Canada's 4-2 win over Russia Thursday afternoon. It's the first time players from the Giants organization have represented Canada at the World Juniors.

Giants fans can welcome back Franson and McArdle from Sweden when they return to the Vancouver International Airport this weekend. Saturday January 6, the two are scheduled to arrive at the International Arrivals terminal at 6:28pm on Air Canada Flight 225.

If I didn't have out of town guests coming tonight I would so be there. Think they will give them an express lane through customs?

Carebear
01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I'd totally be there if I didnt have to work.

dondo
01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Franson gets another assist today -- now if I could only find a site that posted the statistics for all the world junior players in the tournament.

Don't know if I'll make it there, but congrats boys great win -- even though you did give me a little scare in the second period.

Since these guys get in tomorrow
Vancouver, BC | 6:28 pm | AC 225 | Cody Franson, Kenndal McArdle

maybe the other two are already home and making their way to Kamloops .. I expect we'll see Bliznak and Repik on Sunday for sure though.

Well done all you Giants -- and welcome back.

langdak
01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Dondo try this for all the stats

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments_07/output/w20/hydra.iihf.com/IIHF_Core/jsp/content/web_output/index.jsp@compId=96

Carebear
01-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Since these guys get in tomorrow
Vancouver, BC | 6:28 pm | AC 225 | Cody Franson, Kenndal McArdle

maybe the other two are already home and making their way to Kamloops .. I expect we'll see Bliznak and Repik on Sunday for sure though.

The Province newspaper reported that Bliznak and Repik will be going home to spend time with their families and likely won't be back in the lineup till the 12th.

dondo
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Dondo try this for all the stats

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments_07/output/w20/hydra.iihf.com/IIHF_Core/jsp/content/web_output/index.jsp@compId=96

sweet I thought I looked there -- apparently I am blind -- thx landak! punk rock you rock

old_time_hockey
01-05-2007, 09:18 PM
The Province newspaper reported that Bliznak and Repik will be going home to spend time with their families and likely won't be back in the lineup till the 12th.

Yeah, Hay was on with Taylor and fatty today and said that they would join them in the Hat.

SixSixOne
01-07-2007, 03:59 AM
If I could get out of my neighbourhood that would be a definate travel bonus

Soundy
01-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Yeah, Hay was on with Taylor and fatty today and said that they would join them in the Hat.

As a small aside, it's great to see them getting more mainstream press coverage!