PDA

View Full Version : Seattle sends defenseman Colin Scherger to Raiders

Sabes
01-05-2007, 09:54 PM
for Tyler Esau

http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/news/news.php?id=216

Five Hole
01-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Not sure what the thinking is here.... he wasn't playing much in Seattle obviously...
This now gives us 4 17's and 1 16 on D along with the 2 19's and 1 20 year old... maybe they're just looking to fill in a guy with Tendler out for a while.... or is it a prelude to moving Thelen or May with the thinking that maybe we're coming back down to earth now, they aren't going to be here next year, and maybe we can get some more younger talent to build for the next couple of years... maybe the dealings not done yet :spineyes:

Obviously need another goalie for next year - refresh my memory , who's in the system?

Sabes
01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
We have Steven Stanford who had a real good camp this year. Plays for the Calgary Royals.

Dwight Schrute
01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
i am just glad we got an asset for esau. i didnt think he would get another shot here with aime and sanford and others in the system.

Raiderfan8
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
We also have Desi Weins who is backstopping the Way Way Wolverines of the Manitoba junior hockey league.

Sabes
01-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Last list I seen Weins wasn't on the Raiders 50 man PPL

Dwight Schrute
01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
i was under the impression weins is going the college route. is that true ? kinda like jace weslosky ?

Dwight Schrute
02-10-2007, 07:02 PM
so did we get scherger for moral support ? like why isnt he in junior "a" if he isnt going to play at all. this guy is being sat out moer then garth collins as a rookie

Five Hole
02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
so did we get scherger for moral support ? like why isnt he in junior "a" if he isnt going to play at all. this guy is being sat out moer then garth collins as a rookie

Not sure what the thinking was there. Hard to see him or Malone getting in much action from here on in unless there's an injury or something. And with the same 6 regulars we have now probably all back next year, including the 3 that will be 20's next year, plus fitting in Deck, there might be no room for either of them next year.

Dwight Schrute
02-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Not sure what the thinking was there. Hard to see him or Malone getting in much action from here on in unless there's an injury or something. And with the same 6 regulars we have now probably all back next year, including the 3 that will be 20's next year, plus fitting in Deck, there might be no room for either of them next year.
may will be in either grand rapids or else detroits echl affiliate.
gauthier is 50/50 playing pro in the echl next year, flatters is somewhere between may and gauthier for being signed by the flyers.(we should get 1 back 2 would rock 3 will not happen)
vann, palazzo, tendler, button, deck, malone(although he has been playing forward)
gauthier or flatters.
labatte, scherger, bourelle etc.. perhaps we can arange a trade with edmonton to send scherger+labatte for no expansion pick. good looking blueline although young 3-17 3-18 +1 O/A.

Knuckle Chucker
02-10-2007, 09:26 PM
may will be in either grand rapids or else detroits echl affiliate.
gauthier is 50/50 playing pro in the echl next year, flatters is somewhere between may and gauthier for being signed by the flyers.(we should get 1 back 2 would rock 3 will not happen)
vann, palazzo, tendler, button, deck, malone(although he has been playing forward)
gauthier or flatters.
labatte, scherger, bourelle etc.. perhaps we can arange a trade with edmonton to send scherger+labatte for no expansion pick. good looking blueline although young 3-17 3-18 +1 O/A.

It is not a given that May will be in the Pro's next year. He is good but there have been a lot of better 20 yr olds play in the WHL.

Five Hole
02-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Be interesting to see what happens. I think May has the best chance to make it, but if he doesn't make Grand Rapids as a top 6 D, wouldn't they rather send him back to WHL than ECHL for development?
In a way I hope you're right, Danno. Not that we couldn't use the experience on D, but it'd be nice to work a couple of younger guys into more regular ice time. If one or two of those guys are gone, I think Vann could fit into top 4 ice next year, given the chance... Gauthier, Tendler; Flatters, Vann ; Palazzo, Deck.. who knows, depends who wants it bad enough, I figure.... nhl

Dwight Schrute
02-11-2007, 02:35 AM
It is not a given that May will be in the Pro's next year. He is good but there have been a lot of better 20 yr olds play in the WHL.
true but looking at detroits depth on d when it comes to prospects chances are there is a spot for him, st louis on the other hand has a lot of prospects already playing and there is less room. and also should detroit not sign him and have him playing pro any of the other 29 teams could. no such thing as a sure thing but id say there is a much better chance of may playing pro next year then not. and probably more chance than any other raider

Dwight Schrute
02-20-2007, 04:48 PM
http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425

scherger suspended for a match penalty vs swift. ??? anyone know what happenned ?

Knuckle Chucker
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
http://whl.ca/hm/suspensions.php?id=3425

scherger suspended for a match penalty vs swift. ??? anyone know what happenned ?

Slewfoot..ref called it intent to injure. It happened just before his fight at the end of the game.