PDA

View Full Version : Huge 9-0 Win!!

d-man
01-06-2007, 12:01 AM
WOW!!!!! Talk about a team effort, even Moir notched an assist to go with the shutout.

Crowley 1G 0A +2
Wilson 0 3 +2
Rumsey 0 1 +2
Postma 1 2 0
LaRochelle 0 0 +2
Smith 0 2 +1
Tassone 1 0 0
Nelson 1 0 +1
Wudrick 0 2 +2
Gervais 1 0 +1
McAvoy 0 2 +2
Weise 2 0 +2
Toulmin 0 0 0
Molle 0 0 0
Schenderling 1 2 +1
Stieler 1 0 0
Dowling 0 2 +2

Great to see Dowling get plenty of ice time and kudos to Levi to try and set him up in the third period for a goal. The CCC is becoming a tough place for other teams to play. Broncos are 8-2 in the last 10 at home(since Nov 15) and have outscored their opponents 43-23. Keep it rolling in Regina boys!! punk rock

loud and proud
01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Way to go guys! It is nice to see everyone working and having fun out there! It would be great to see another win tomorrow in Regina. This team is coming together nicely and I for one hope that they don't mess with the chemistry that seems to be building and pull any dumb trades in the next few days. Leave well enough alone Dean!

HAF
01-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Wow!!! Did the Pats forget to get off the bus tonight?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-06-2007, 01:58 AM
First off, congratulation to the Broncos for pulling off one of their biggest wins in years. I can't even remember the last time we won a game by that margin of goals. Moir even looked really motivated out there tonight, which boded well for the entire team.

Secondly, can someone tell me who this Dowling kid is? What a prospect for the team. Picks up two assists in his first WHL game, and nearly scores a goal to boot. How old is this kid? Where did he come from?

I'm still waiting to see Eakin come up for a few games this year, but I'll continue to be patient until then.

Finally, here's hoping Reich didn't do any damage to Levi during that unprovoked attack. Hopefully the league will look into it, and possibly give out a suspension as well.

Things are looking good Bronco fans, nice to see the rink a little fuller these days. And as long as the Broncos can keep on winning, I'm thinking we can continue to see those seats fill up.

Scout
01-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Broncos Score 9 For First Time Since Dec. 30/03
JAN 5 - The Broncos walked away with a dominating 9-0 win against the Regina Pats tonight, the first time they have scored 9 goals in a game since December 30th, 2003 when they put up 9 against the Saskatoon Blades.

The Broncos received goals from 8 different players including Dane Crowley, Paul Postma, Matt Tassone, Levi Nelson, Phil Gervais, Dale Weise (2), Jeremy Schenderling, and David Stieler. Michael Wilson, Jeremy Schenderling, and Paul Postma all had 3 point nights in the victory that saw Kyle Moir record the shutout in goal for Swift Current, his 4th of the season. Tommy Tartaglione and Linden Rowat split the duties in goal for Regina. Affiliate player Justin Downling made his WHL debut for the Broncos tonight and recorded 2 assists in the contest, his first ever WHL points. The story of the game was the Broncos power play recording 5 goals on just 7 chances, a breakout for one of the lowest ranked power plays in the WHL… The Broncos set numerous season high’s in the game. Their 9 goals was a new benchmark and the 9 goal margin of victory was also a season high

Toswammi
01-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow 9 goals, i know a few ppl that couldnt have been happier seeing the Broncos beat the Pats by 9. Any how we played and the Pats didnt, thats the summary.

Yeah i believe Dowling is a 16 yr old kid that plays for the UFA Bison (i think). Anyhow he went back to play with his club team today and wont be in Regina. Curious to hear if another player gets called up to fill the voids in the lineup.

Lastly i hope that Reich isnt playing today, or else it could get ugly. What he did has a blatent attempt to injure and i hope the league looks at it the same way.

Toswammi
01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh and not to start something but Hunch is 6-0 i believe now. And has won 13-0 in his last two games as a head coach. lol

Scout
01-06-2007, 12:15 PM
With Leavold, Bortis and Rakos still out and R.J. hand still not 100% there is no way there won't be a call up. Be interesting to see who it is.

Scout

Scout
01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Your right on Dowling. He was called up as a fill in and does play for the UFA Bisons out of Strathmore, Alberta i think. He leads the league in scoring having 17 goals and 24 assists for 41 points in 24 games. I asked one of the board members when he was drafted and was told he isn't. I was also told he isn't even listed by any WHL clubs. Whether its accurate i don't know but after how he played last night the Broncos may want to.

Scout

dynamitekid
01-06-2007, 12:31 PM
The guys are playing great and i'm happy for that, but somebody has got to tell Dean to stick to his GM duties and let Hunch have the bench.

These guys have had three years, and we are playing well now but...

I hope they get 1 year deals...Dean can GM, Hunchak can coach and bring in an assistant. They should be a great team next year...and if not, we will know who we can point the finger at.

I say, Dean needs to step aside as coach.

Flathead
01-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Tim Tisdale was on the bench last night as an assistant coach, and imo he never did get a fair shot as head coach with the Pats. Maybe a full time assistant coach, to Hunch?? But honestly this is Deans team and yes a lot of the fans don't care for his coaching style, but we are winning.

Big Ern
01-07-2007, 11:30 AM
We are winning games, and now we want a coach to step aside! C'mon Bronco fans! I think Deano handles his duties very well, and secondly, it IS possible for Dave to lose! I believe Dave is 5 and 1 now, not 6 and 0! Make no bones about it though, I don't think Hunch is the kind of guy who pays much attention to his record. He is a good coach, but right now we are winning, and our young talent is almost unbelievable!....especially guys coming up...EAKIN, DOWLING, CURTIS...you name 'em. GEE WHIZ, how about a guy like Levi, who was never even drafted???!!!! HE PULLED LEVI OUT OF NOWHERE! Dean IS a great coach and obviously, a H*LL of a GM! Keep in mind, that maybe the team can't afford to pay another guy, so that's why Dean has the dual role.
If we had more money, what I would do, is ditch you-know-who "BEST WESTERN," and make Dean something like GOVERNOR/GENERAL MANAGER, and then put Dave to head coach if we want to. But we HAVE to keep Dean as GM at least....heck the guy is an amazing GM! And as far as I'm concerned, he's an awesome coach too!
Dave, congrats on the 5 and 1 record, anyway!

Flathead
01-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Your right on Dowling. He was called up as a fill in and does play for the UFA Bisons out of Strathmore, Alberta i think. He leads the league in scoring having 17 goals and 24 assists for 41 points in 24 games. I asked one of the board members when he was drafted and was told he isn't. I was also told he isn't even listed by any WHL clubs. Whether its accurate i don't know but after how he played last night the Broncos may want to.

Scout
If that's true, we better drop someone from our list and add Dowling, asap. Not only did he get two points, and just miss a goal, play on the pk, the pp, he was in the corners working, taking hits and throwing hits. This youngster plays an intense game.

Johnsy05
01-07-2007, 02:39 PM
If that's true, we better drop someone from our list and add Dowling, asap. Not only did he get two points, and just miss a goal, play on the pk, the pp, he was in the corners working, taking hits and throwing hits. This youngster plays an intense game.

Im pretty sure he is a bronco list player.

Johnsy05
01-07-2007, 02:40 PM
We are winning games, and now we want a coach to step aside! C'mon Bronco fans! I think Deano handles his duties very well, and secondly, it IS possible for Dave to lose! I believe Dave is 5 and 1 now, not 6 and 0! Make no bones about it though, I don't think Hunch is the kind of guy who pays much attention to his record. He is a good coach, but right now we are winning, and our young talent is almost unbelievable!....especially guys coming up...EAKIN, DOWLING, CURTIS...you name 'em. GEE WHIZ, how about a guy like Levi, who was never even drafted???!!!! HE PULLED LEVI OUT OF NOWHERE! Dean IS a great coach and obviously, a H*LL of a GM! Keep in mind, that maybe the team can't afford to pay another guy, so that's why Dean has the dual role.
If we had more money, what I would do, is ditch you-know-who "BEST WESTERN," and make Dean something like GOVERNOR/GENERAL MANAGER, and then put Dave to head coach if we want to. But we HAVE to keep Dean as GM at least....heck the guy is an amazing GM! And as far as I'm concerned, he's an awesome coach too!
Dave, congrats on the 5 and 1 record, anyway!

well said,Solid post.

2,5,andagame
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey BigErn make sure some of the credit goes to the Bronco Scouting staff. They are the ones that put on all the miles and find these diamonds in the rough. Dean has the final say as to who he wants, but you have to remember the scouts need a big :thumb: as well.

Big Ern
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey BigErn make sure some of the credit goes to the Bronco Scouting staff. They are the ones that put on all the miles and find these diamonds in the rough. Dean has the final say as to who he wants, but you have to remember the scouts need a big :thumb: as well.

I know...I know...of course I didn't mean to leave them out of it. Obviously, they deserve tons of credit. The real pressure is on the GM, but those scouts work wonders too! Thanks scouts!! :thumb: :thumb: :clap:
I wonder if Eldon Moberg has a lot to do with bringing players in, and scouting and trading, and stuff like that? Do you think Deano pulls the strings, mostly?

transplantedbronco
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I think Eldon used to but he is now more involved in the finances and front office and Dean controls the players side. Since Dean has been hear he has totally revamped the scouts. Yes the desereve a lot of credit but so does Dean for totally changing the scouting system.

Johnsy05
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I think Eldon used to but he is now more involved in the finances and front office and Dean controls the players side. Since Dean has been hear he has totally revamped the scouts. Yes the desereve a lot of credit but so does Dean for totally changing the scouting system.

Agreed. Hate to say it but i think alot has to do with eldon not being involved in the scouting and of course having dean run the draft now i mean we have loads of talent waiting in the wings.