PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon-Brandon (Bade Cole)

maple leaf
01-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Watching the game last night on shaw and the shaw crew from out Vancouver way were saying hot rumour's on the trade topic were guy's like Dustin Slade and believe it or not Brad Cole. I don't no about anybody else but Brad is the heart and soul of the team right now. Would it be a wise move on the Blade's part to move him. Unless the offer was to good not to.

maple leaf
01-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Brad Not Bade

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
01-06-2007, 01:01 PM
No, a guy like Dustin Slade is not fit for this team. We have a great young Goalie that can carry this team until he is 20, Trading a guy like Brad cole in this situation would just kill everything. As for you saying he is not the soul of this team I realy disagree, Cole has demonstrated why he is the captain and I am very proud of what he has done for this team this year.

howley
01-06-2007, 02:05 PM
He said Cole IS the heart and soul of the team. This trade would never happen. It makes absolutely no sense for the Blades IMO. Brad Cole will have an impact on this team years down the road just because of the leadership he shows now. Espescially on the back end with having a young defense next year. They need Cole as much as possible to help those young guys along. Plus we have way to many good goalies all under 18. Just my thoughts

Tidball
01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
The trade will not happen. We have 2 good goalies and should Lorne trade away COle, he will get young talent. Brad Cole has upped his trade value ALOT this year and could be worth something. The captain badge would be moved to Menei should Cole be traded. Should be interesting to see what Lorne does come the deadline.

maple leaf
01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Guy's like Cole and Slade were talked about that other team's wanted not traded for each other.

Goblades26
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
We cant trade Cole. We've bene playing so well since he returned! And we cant write the season off, we are in a pretty strong position to make a playoff spot I think, and losing Brad would seriously hurt our chances. I did however hear that brad has stated he does not want to be moved to a contender and wants to stay here. Hopefully Lorne does the right thing and respects his wishes to stay.

howley
01-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Watching the game tonight and looking over the roster. I really don't see any moves being made at the deadline. The only guys I see being moved would be Logan and a decent pick for a 18/19 year old defense men and maybe Zemlak for the same thing. or maybe 1 more offensively minded forward to take Menei's place next year. Also I could see Klotz being moved. Those are really the only three.

Top 6 next year IMO
Mccrae - found his offensive touch. Gillies - continue to develop. Macangus- is he lucky or can he really score? Ask the same question about Ryan Smyth because they both pay for their goals in the same way IMO. Macauley - Speed, Speed, Speed Cameron - Was really expected to do more by this point I think. Next year should be the break out. Konency - if he can stay healthy he will be comparable to Simek (BRA).

Plus you have Patterson and Wintoneak who are very solid! How about Patterson in the last month or two! Talk about having adjusted to the dub. He is going to put pucks in the net in the next couple years. Plus dropping his gloves tonight with Leblanc (no fight but still showed guts to go a guy with an obvious size advantage). Very impressed with Patterson. Throw Cloud in there who is showing potential to be the complete "Gordie Howe" package. Crowley who is not only improving every game but proving he is one of the sparks on this team that get's them going. Braid and Belyk will have full time positions as well and with 1 more year Geric should be more of a physical force, he is pretty thick already. Throw another 10 lbs on him. Built like a brick poop house. Is there any room for rookies?

The blades back end will be the weak spot for sure next year. I could see any d-man moving actually now that I think of it but I don't know if it would make any sense since they already know the system that Lorne runs. Elliot and Berg will still be fresh next year. I wouldn't expect big things out of them . Zahn will be next to great, Funk and Ward will progress. Hopefully ward picks up abit more consistency. Visnak hopefully grows about a foot :D. There are going to be alot of 16 year old battles for very few spots next year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Holtby will be the starter...obviously.