PDA

View Full Version : Record Low Attendance:

Tipped Off
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
From the PG Citizen:

KITTY LITTER: The game (Ice/Cougars) was played in front of the lowest announced attendance ever for a WHL game at the Multiplex, 2,672. The previous low was 2,695 for an October game against Saskatoon... With no fanfare whatsoever, the Cougars unveiled a new player Wednesday. Josh Bray, a 17-year-old winger who played for Estevan and Melville in the SJHL this season, flew into town and got into his first WHL game. Bray is from Balgonie, Sask., and was listed last month.

Jovorock
02-24-2005, 11:43 AM
2672 that pretty low for a great hockey city, the fans are telling managment what they think of them.

Sput
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I can't fault the business manager, even if she is Brodski's daughter. She can only do things affecting the front end and try to come up with creative marketing ideas. This year its been a hard sell. Thompson is another matter though. I can't help but feel that he isn't the right guy for the job. He doesn't seem to have any NHL contacts, no real experience to speak of, and from the looks of it just made an "educated guess" at the trade deadline. Rodgers was drafted high, and on paper looked full of promise. This guy has been nothing short of terrible since we got him. Can't skate, leaves a huge hole between his skates for anyone to pass through, and has trouble getting the puck out of the zone for even and icing. This from a guy that has a 93mph slap shot, but has yet to hit a one timer in a game.

The 'announced' numbers sure looked high. Sitting in the seats there couldn't have been more than 2100 there. They just announce tickets sold, so that includes STH's even though most of them weren't there. A loss to the Ice friday and a bad showing in Kamloops and they could play the next home games at Kin I (seats about 400) and still not fill the place.