PDA

View Full Version : Expansion and Schedule

Flathead
01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
the league will have 22 teams with Edmonton, should the schedule consist of more games?

Coyote14
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I say make it 82 games. I know there are many arguements against that, but if the league changed it, I wouldn't be angry. At least with 82 games, you'd likely get to see each team in the league and still have a lot of games within the division. Not to mention that I want to watch as many games as possible... eighty-two games means five more home games for me to enjoy.

Tidball
01-07-2007, 06:32 PM
More games=more hockey. I love hockey so itd work for me :)

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
It would be awesome if the schedule consisted of 82 games and that would likely mean more road trips for me to go on,and MORE HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bran
01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
While I'd love a longer season, and I'm sure most players would as well, I can't see it working. That's a lot of hockey and while older guys may be able to handle it, I think it would be too hard on the younger players. I think the length of the schedule helps transition and get players ready to take the next step. Add to that the fact that most of these players are in school (be it high school or post-secondary)...it gets to be too much pretty quickly. Someone said to me one night that the schedule is too long as it is...I don't agree with that, but I don't think the league will lengthen it any.