PDA

View Full Version : Should the Tips make any moves?

Tipped Off
01-08-2007, 11:45 PM
This is a space for opinion. Please no rumors without source.

I would still love to see the Tips get one more Defenseman. With Potouer's injury still a question, KC said on he radio he was planning to play Alexander more in the 2nd half even if the injury had never happened. He wanted to get him ready for the stretch run and next year, just in case. The injury just made it easier to get him in the lineup. He responded the other night with a big game.

I know Carter has been a Healthy scratch pretty much since we got him. We also have some other pieces I think we could deal for that defenseman. I'm also not opposed to seeing what we could get for Reekie. Irving has had a lot more time off this year compared to last year &, all though I'd like to have a stud back up in the playoff run, I'm also all about improving the every day lineup. Reekie could handle 80% of the load from here on out and the lead gives the Tips the comfort of playing a guy like Barrie every 4th or 5th game.

Anyone else with any thoughts?

N.W. Bruin
01-09-2007, 01:45 AM
If Irving goes down with a injury they will look back at last season and think how lucky they were with Esposito there.

ihlemic10
01-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree with the D-man. I see Alexander make young mistakes now and then, that end up as a scoring chance for the other team. It'll be intresting to see if anything unfolds, so far the trades have been awesome. Reeks is doing great.