PDA

View Full Version : 3-7 0-0

shushu
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
the tiger have seem to hit rock bottom, with only 3 players gone from the lineup in the world jrs, next year with 8 or more gone for good it going to be tough going for the tigs..................

Tiger Trauma
01-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Yeah things dont look good for us right now, but I'm sure well start winning again soon.

I was hoping we would do a little better, but right now were not scoring much. When that happens your goalie's play becomes amplified somewhat, and a weak or unfortunate goal can shift momentum completely.

The second half will sure be interesting escpecially with your canes catching up.

IN regards to next season many people will write us off.

And I'll laugh in their faces win we win the whole thing.....jk yeehoo

Honestly who knows. We'll have a bunch of new faces coming in. I think we'll still be fairly competitive.

Redwic
01-09-2007, 09:27 AM
... and they look poised to overtake Medicine Hat in the Central Division standings within the next few weeks (if not games). I can't figure the Tigers out this season; there should be no reason for the recent slump. That said, if there is a slump which occurs, I would much rather see it now that when the playoffs arrive.

bandwagonboy
01-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Firstly, there's more than three players out of the tiger line up right now, and there has been all through decemeber. Shlemko who is thrid in scoring amoung defencemen has been hurt through most of december. As has vetern defencemen Baldwin. Also, as reported in the News today Dorsett and Stevens have been playing injured all month. How many teams could lose the 2nd or 3rd best defencemen in the world in his age group, a defencemen who is third in scoring in the league, a drafted vetern 19 year old defencemen, one of the team's best forchecker, and last but not least one of the leading scoring forwards for a month and not struggle?

Where would the canes be without Boychuck, Wright, Farmanara, and the two Kings? And add some players playing injured into the mix for good measure.

The tigers lost much of what makes that team tick for most of december. They lost their captain and one of the best in the world in Russell, they lost speed and goal scoring in helm, they lost grit, speed and outstanding two way play in Rumple, they lost a stay at home defencemen in Baldwin, and they lost won of the highest scoring defencemen in the CHL in Schlemko. Oh and Dorsett who is in many ways the heart of the team has been playing hurt since getting his bell rung on a game against brandon in the begining of december. I'd say there's one or two reasons for the slump.

That being said, these are all nothing games. The real season starts in April.

edit: As for next year, they should be ok. Won't light the world on fire but the youth doesn't look that bad. They'll definitely finish in front of edmonchuck. Although it would be amusing to see them tank completely. At the very least all the bandwagon jumpers would disapear again and we can finally put to rest the issue of the unneeded new arena. Considering how fast so many 'fans' have been whining and complaining over a few loses months before the playoffs one losing season should more than take care of the so called 'waiting list' for season tickets.

shushu
01-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Firstly, there's more than three players out of the tiger line up right now, and there has been all through decemeber. Shlemko who is thrid in scoring amoung defencemen has been hurt through most of december. As has vetern defencemen Baldwin. Also, as reported in the News today Dorsett and Stevens have been playing injured all month. How many teams could lose the 2nd or 3rd best defencemen in the world in his age group, a defencemen who is third in scoring in the league, a drafted vetern 19 year old defencemen, one of the team's best forchecker, and last but not least one of the leading scoring forwards for a month and not struggle?

Where would the canes be without Boychuck, Wright, Farmanara, and the two Kings? And add some players playing injured into the mix for good measure.

The tigers lost much of what makes that team tick for most of december. They lost their captain and one of the best in the world in Russell, they lost speed and goal scoring in helm, they lost grit, speed and outstanding two way play in Rumple, they lost a stay at home defencemen in Baldwin, and they lost won of the highest scoring defencemen in the CHL in Schlemko. Oh and Dorsett who is in many ways the heart of the team has been playing hurt since getting his bell rung on a game against brandon in the begining of december. I'd say there's one or two reasons for the slump.

That being said, these are all nothing games. The real season starts in April.

edit: As for next year, they should be ok. Won't light the world on fire but the youth doesn't look that bad. They'll definitely finish in front of edmonchuck. Although it would be amusing to see them tank completely. At the very least all the bandwagon jumpers would disapear again and we can finally put to rest the issue of the unneeded new arena. Considering how fast so many 'fans' have been whining and complaining over a few loses months before the playoffs one losing season should more than take care of the so called 'waiting list' for season tickets.

count out the tigs this year or next. with the coaching you have in willy that is just not exceptable for the hat. but this sad sob story about all these hurt players and people missing in action to whatever suits the cause is sad to hear.if you read my post all i said was that the tigs have bottomed out just like the rest of the league did at one point in time. and with the events of next year and the ( injured) players you will be loosing it could be a tough year. so quit making excuses.........ps to tiger trauma kudos to you for calling a spade a spade you are one of the only tigs fan that calls it like it is.......

bandwagonboy
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
count out the tigs this year or next. with the coaching you have in willy that is just not exceptable for the hat. but this sad sob story about all these hurt players and people missing in action to whatever suits the cause is sad to hear.if you read my post all i said was that the tigs have bottomed out just like the rest of the league did at one point in time. and with the events of next year and the ( injured) players you will be loosing it could be a tough year. so quit making excuses.........ps to tiger trauma kudos to you for calling a spade a spade you are one of the only tigs fan that calls it like it is.......

They aren't excuses, they are hard facts. They've been either missing the whole core of the team or key players have been playing hurt. And yeah, this month has exposed the obvious, our 16 and 17 year olds need more seasoning. But next season doesn't start until next season.

If you had read Redwic's post you would have seen he said there is no reason for this slump, and there obviously is. Could they have done better? Of course. But injuries compounded with WJC absences compounded with the fact they had the habit of only playing 2.5 periods from time to time added up on them. Does any of it matter in the least? Not really, other than the fact this slump will build character. They didn't have a single slump all last year, until round three of the playoffs. This is much better than that.

The one thing that few people have not mentioned or noticed is that Ennis has been lighting it up all month.