PDA

View Full Version : Sutter to Phoenix?

WHL Rules
02-24-2005, 11:34 AM
According to The Hockey News the Phoenix Coyotes are courting Brent Sutter and he might be their new head coach whenever the NHL resumes playing.
What do you guys think about that? Any truth in it?
Will he leave (sell?) the Rebels? :skeptical

Red celtic
02-24-2005, 11:56 AM
I would be surprised if Brent left the Province if he was to coach in the NHL it would be in Calgary. Also I don't think he would sell the Rebs he might get one of the twins to run his team though. :clown:

witness
02-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Can't see him selling, but I can see him leaving. It would be difficult to coach your son. I have heard that Rich is interested in getting involved in the junior hockey scene.

Tinner
02-24-2005, 08:07 PM
no chance, for at least 2 years..................hold it, they (NHL) might not be playing by then, which makes whenever they start sound better.

The twins may be a logical choice, but Brent won't sell entirely, but may take them as limited partners.

Who knows, money talks!

tazndevil
02-25-2005, 08:56 AM
OK.

Wasn't going to post this, but what the hell.

The rumor I heard that was going to happen at the beginng of this year, that obviously never happened, was that Kisio was going to be fired, and one of the twins (the pro scout for the Flames---help me with a name) was going to take over as GM with Kisio taking his scouting job.

Then the other twin was going to buy the Hurricanes and get involved with them (GM or coach and GM).

I have heard this floating around this season, and it won't go away.

But again this is only a rumor and take it with a grain of salt.

Imagine the fun in this division tho with 3 Sutters running 3 different teams. Try being Kootenay or Medicine Hat having to play 3 in 3 against 3 Sutter teams.

As far as your Sutter leaving the team to coach in the NHL---- let me just say it this way.

I FREAKIN' WISH.

Can't realistically see it.--Although the entire central division would love it.-- LOL

Just my thoughts

Taz

Shinyshoes
02-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Sutter was quoted a long time ago as saying he wouldnt leave Red Deer untill his Daughter was out of school. She is now 13.

Although there are rumors he might take a reduced roll (Ie. Just GM and give up the coaching role) when Brandon Makes the team next year, but as for him leaving altogether, I would be VERY Surprised to see that anytime in the next 5 years.

Just My Opionion.

Tinner
02-25-2005, 01:06 PM
...had or were rumored to be making a bid to purchase the Hurricanes. Never did hear what became of that. :frog: