PDA

View Full Version : Werenka back to the AJHL....

Nielson11
01-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Canes have reassigned 20 year old Derek Werenka to the AJHL's Drumheller Dragons.

Porkchop
01-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Making a move to acquire another 20 year old??

Nielson11
01-09-2007, 04:25 PM
You wonder about that hey?

Or, like it said in the press release, just making room for some of the younger guys to get more ice time. Should be interesting to see what happens tommorow.

Raiderfan8
01-09-2007, 07:37 PM
We will give u Thelen for KING!

Dwight Schrute
01-09-2007, 07:38 PM
how is the canes D looking ?

shushu
01-09-2007, 08:26 PM
how is the canes D looking ?

young, but not without talent. more experienced d men is probably the first order of business tomorrow...................................

Dwight Schrute
01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
young, but not without talent. more experienced d men is probably the first order of business tomorrow...................................
with an overage spot now open AJ thelen (12th overall in the 2004 NHL draft)could be had. would that interest the canes ?

Johnsy05
01-09-2007, 09:10 PM
with an overage spot now open AJ thelen (12th overall in the 2004 NHL draft)could be had. would that interest the canes ?

Or how about a goalie? Kyle Moir anyone?

grainbear
01-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Just listened to the news , I sounds to me as if it was Werenkas decision to go back to Drumheller rather then the Canes move. I does however as others say open a spot for some of our yonger players to get more ice tme. The talent pool is still available chemistry does not change.

grainbear
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Kudelka will be back, Versteeg has been strong ,with King , Wright, Kerr Craige,Bobbee and also affilated players such as McColm and Frederickson why do we need another d-man Werenka was a good setup man , however lets see what ,Chorneyko, Matlock, Todd and Giofriddo can do when they are in the lineup on a more regular basis. We also have the likes of Pillar, Murray , Iwanski, Lecuyer who could be broght up for the 3 game looks see if injuries do come back.

shushu
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM

anything is possiable. i was thinking about thelan yesterday while browsing though team rosters . the canes have 'to many forward' in stasiaks words and with matlock being from p.a that could be a possibility along with one or more players . from what ive heard his parents drive down every weekend to see the young lad play. that would cut down on some traveling time.And with panchyson departure you never know??????

shushu
01-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Kudelka will be back, Versteeg has been strong ,with King , Wright, Kerr Craige,Bobbee and also affilated players such as McColm and Frederickson why do we need another d-man Werenka was a good setup man , however lets see what ,Chorneyko, Matlock, Todd and Giofriddo can do when they are in the lineup on a more regular basis. We also have the likes of Pillar, Murray , Iwanski, Lecuyer who could be broght up for the 3 game looks see if injuries do come back.

you are wright about our d men but i dont think that roy is going to count on versteeg as a main stay. with the chance of injury having versteeg as you top 6 and mcCohm as back up is suicide if we make it to the playoffs.more experiance is needed ...IMO

Dwight Schrute
01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
anything is possiable. i was thinking about thelan yesterday while browsing though team rosters . the canes have 'to many forward' in stasiaks words and with matlock being from p.a that could be a possibility along with one or more players . from what ive heard his parents drive down every weekend to see the young lad play. that would cut down on some traveling time.And with panchyson departure you never know??????
our gm donn clark is trying to get as many loca boys as possible so he can save billet fee's

loudi94
01-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Kudelka will be back, .

I doubt it. He almost didn't come back this year.

nivek_wahs
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM
I doubt it. He almost didn't come back this year.I think grainbear meant for the rest of this year... :skeptical

grainbear
01-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Kudelka will be back for this year only , I agree no chance for next year. I also beg to differ on Versteeg. He is going to surprise a lot of individuals, is very motivated , has the genes to suceed , and plays defensively as sound as anyone. His confidence will grow and with that will come the offensive upside that is obvious in his brother Kris.

WHEATMAN
01-10-2007, 02:17 PM
our gm donn clark is trying to get as many loca boys as possible so he can save billet fee's

Sounds like Kelly McCrimmon. Maybe Yeo for Hellyer and Leblanc? :laugh:

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Sounds like Kelly McCrimmon. Maybe Yeo for Hellyer and Leblanc? :laugh:
well last year the hellyer for yeo was suggested but i doubt either hellyer or leblanc get moved