PDA

View Full Version : Gagnon ??

Five Hole
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Apparently Aaron Gagnon left the game in first period in Saskatoon.....
maybe somebody acquired him in a trade and didn't want him to play the rest of the game?
Hmm..... or .... an injury???

Shortys
01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
I heard on the post game commentary on Hot 93 that he had his equipment bag packed and ready to leave after the first. I might have misundertood or not heard right, but it sounds like maybe he was on his way somewhere quick. I am not trying to start a rumor, thats just what I took from the commentary.

Shooter
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
No way are the Birds trading Gagnon. Obviously he got hurt Boogaard'd alot more from the hit by Boogard than the team was letting on. Hopefully he will be back soon because the Birds are a one line team with him and without him dont even really had that.

Blades 4 Life!
01-10-2007, 12:20 AM
I believe he just got hurt. On the Saskatoon broadcast after the game, Les(play by Play announcer) said that he left the game in the first. If it was something about being traded, i believe there would have something been said. He is also the leading scorer and if they trade him away, they might risk their chances of making the playoffs

Redwic
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
...the Birds are a one line team with him and without him dont even really had that.

The Thunderbirds are currently a one-line team, but perhaps trading Gagnon for a couple of younger players will make the team a multi-line team in the near future?!

Blades 4 Life!
01-10-2007, 12:58 AM
That is a really good point! He does have a point there but they are playing good with a one line team.

Shortys
01-10-2007, 08:40 AM
From Bladesvoice on a Saskatoon thread.

Actually, in the first intermission...just before the start of the second period, Dave Thomas (who was down in the dressing room area doing our usual interview with an assistant coach from the opposition) said on air that Gagnon's equipment bag was packed, but that he was no where to be seen. We mentioned that he had a pretty bad shiner over one eye and maybe something had happened with that. But, we also wondered if, with the deadline around the corner, he had been pulled from the game because a deal involving him was done! It's tough to know anything for sure...unlike N-H-L games where teams have media relations people who update the media as soon as they're able to so that speculation doesn't run wild without any basis of fact. Tough to say for sure that Gagnon was traded or hurt without knowing for sure!

Les

I thought I would post this just to clear up my deleted post from here. I wasnt trying to start a rumor, I just posted what I heard on the radio.

thanatos80
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
From Bladesvoice on a Saskatoon thread.

I thought I would post this just to clear up my deleted post from here. I wasnt trying to start a rumor, I just posted what I heard on the radio.
According to a source I know with the team, he took a hit that reopened the stitches he received in TC, and was also showing signs of post concussion syndrome, so he was pulled from the game as a precaution.