PDA

View Full Version : Todd Davidson

witness
02-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Always been one of my favorites.

Barons shut down Blazers

Todd Davison played his last game of the year for the Lloydminster Blazers. After being diagnosed with cancer in the summer prior to this year's season, Todd has been battling hard to win this uphill battle. Not only did his return in January shock everyone, but the way he has been able to bring the moral of a very sensitive Blazer club up, has been the most enjoyable part of Todd's return. Todd has always been known as a tenacious, fiesty player, that is in your face every shift. At only 5"8, he is a player that plays like he's 6' tall. His story has been kept very quiet around the AJHL this year, but what the Lloydminster Blazers witnessed after last night's loss just shows you how much respect Todd has around this great league. A standing ovation is what the Ft. Mac fans treated Todd to after the final buzzer went. An act of complete class that I am sure Todd will take with him forever. In the words of Walt Disney, "All our dreams can come true-if we have the courage to pursue them." We are all dreaming with you Todd. Thank you for showing our town what a true WINNER is made of.

MidgetAAA
03-03-2005, 05:19 PM
the preliminary testing has been done, and he will go for further assessment today, with the full day of surgery occuring Friday. His aunt indicates that Todd is extremely happy with the Doctor that is treating him and it is hoped that they will be successful in the procedure. They will simply not know how extensive the surgery will have to be until after tomorrow. Of interesting note here, his brother Wade made it up to Todd's last game in Fort Mc, and since his return to the Vipers has been playing some pretty inspired hockey. Scoring a goal a game since his return. I am sure he has taken on the responsibility of carrying Todd's dreams on his shoulders as he continues to play the game these two played together all of their lives.

kelownakarl
03-03-2005, 06:33 PM
A real heartwarming sort of story. Good luck to him.

Fight Guy
03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Sure do miss him as a Pat. Always loved when he stood up for himself all the time...even to the giant freak show Lane Manson who was 2 feet taller.