PDA

View Full Version : Blades Acquire CUTHBERT

Raiderfan8
01-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Good trade for a local kid! www.whl.ca

howley
01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
you gotta think that there is a deal going down for a dman or two here. acquiring forward after forward, having Braid and Belyk waiting in the wings. Just seems like we have an ample amount of WHL level forwards and lack on the back end abit. Just my opinion. Can we expect to see a couple more moves for a dman today?

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2007, 03:34 PM
nice, cheap pick up who could be a gem. but isnt he from swift current ? not stoon ?

Raiderfan8
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Rockets Trade Cuthbert to Blades
Created: Jan 10, 2007
Kelowna, BC: The Kelowna Rockets announced today the trade of veteran forward Craig Cuthbert to the Saskatoon Blades for a 4th round selection in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft.

Cuthbert, whose brother, Ryan, captained the Rockets from 2001 to 2003, was chosen by Kelowna in the 1st round, 20th overall in the 2003 Bantam Draft. The 18-year-old native of Saskatoon was in his third season with the Rockets.

“This is a very difficult deal for me to make,” said Rockets’ President and General Manager, Bruce Hamilton. “I think it was tough for Craig playing here because of the legacy his brother left.”

“Going to Saskatoon will give him a fresh start in a new organization. As an 18-year-old, he wanted more ice time than we could give him. But, he’s such a great guy that we wanted to move him somewhere that would be a good fit for him.”

“We wish Craig all the best and thank him for his contributions to our team over the past three years.”

It says Saskatoon but your right Dannoabram its Swift I believe.

Toswammi
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I guaruntee its swift

Trav
01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Good pick up by Molleken I think. Hopefully he'll score a few more goals here and help the team out the next couple years.

Tidball
01-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Getting a 1st rounder and giving up a 4th is a good move. Hopefully a new start closer to home will be key for this kid.

Goblades26
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Another good deal by Lorne.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes this was a good deal and someone needs to take Konecny's spot for the 1 month(+) that he is out for. I think he might be that player.

Tidball
01-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Bohdan Visnak wieghs the same amount as this guy and is a few inches shorter. Why did the Rockets put this guy on the checking line?

transplantedbronco
01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
You guys are getting a great kid in Craig. Great character on and off the ice. Like his brother both class acts all the way. Craig had a tough going in Kelowna as everyone would compare him to his older brother and that pressure had to have been hard on him. Great to see him get a change of scenery just too bad its not here. From myself and alot of people from Speedy Creek welcome back to Saskatchewn Craig. I wont cheer for you with the Blades though (i would have to kick my own a$$ for that) but I won't boo you either.