PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Trade Cuthbert to Blades

Tipped Off
01-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Courtesy of www.castanet.net

Rockets Trade Cuthbert
by Staff - Story: 25683
Jan. 10, 2007 / 1:15 pm

The Kelowna Rockets announced today the trade of veteran forward CRAIG CUTHBERT to the Saskatoon Blades for a 4th round selection in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft.

Cuthbert, whose brother, Ryan, captained the Rockets from 2001 to 2003, was chosen by Kelowna in the 1st round, 20th overall in the 2003 Bantam Draft. The 18-year-old native of Saskatoon was in his third season with the Rockets.

“This is a very difficult deal for me to make,” said Rockets’ President and General Manager, Bruce Hamilton. “I think it was tough for Craig playing here because of the legacy his brother left.”

“Going to Saskatoon will give him a fresh start in a new organization. As an 18-year-old, he wanted more ice time than we could give him. But, he’s such a great guy that we wanted to move him somewhere that would be a good fit for him.”

“We wish Craig all the best and thank him for his contributions to our team over the past three years.”

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Can someone tell me what to expect from him,and what type of player he is?

Thanks.

original6
01-11-2007, 03:57 PM
You are getting a hard working "character" player. He will always give you his best effort. A good checking line forward. Good on the PK and very good at taking away shooting lanes and blocking shots. Great lockerroom presence. He has all the "intangibles" that coaches love. He will be missed by his teammates and fans in Kelowna.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I like what I hear!!!!!!! I am glad that he is well liked and I am sure he will be well liked here in Saskatoon too.

Redwic
01-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Taken from another forum website:

"I can assure you that if you ever had the opportunity to meet and talk to Craig you would know what he brought to this team. In a game where leadership and chemistry is so important you need guys like Craig. When Craig was drafted it wasn,t because they thought he'd be a superstar and score 50 goals. It was because they knew he'd be a good leader, give 110% every night and would be self motivated. A very good WHL coach told me at the time that they love guys like this and with good teaching they can make then into pretty good players in this league.Unfortunately for Craig due to circumstances out of his control and everyone expecting him to be exactly like his older brother he never got an opportunity to use his strengths. Our family will allways be Rocket fans but we are happy for Craig to have a new start with a new team with a new coach who we believe is one of the very best in the WHL."

transplantedbronco
01-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Its funny how you only took the positive parts of her comments out. If you all go to WHL Discussion and under We can all learn from this, you will see the whole comment or go to Rocket Ruckus. Its not all positive about some Kelowna fans. Too bad some people from my home town have to be such meatheads. Craig and his family did not deserve some of the comments. Positive though it was only a few people and I hope it was not the majority. :skeptical

Redwic
01-15-2007, 11:18 AM
...but "GBG Bleed Blue" only had asked about Craig Cuthbert and the type of player that he is.

I didn't think that it would be appropriate to post her letter, in full, to answer the question posed by "GBG Bleed Blue", as it would also be airing dirty laundry not related to that question.

Blades 4 Life!
01-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Cuthbert was a great pick up for the Blades. Well In his first game with the Blades he took 8 minors but the games i saw he looked really good, some good quality hits. Very nice to see him playing for the Blades and is already liked in Saskatoon.