PDA

View Full Version : Crowley to Everett

Scout
01-10-2007, 04:13 PM
He alongg with Mistlebacher and a pick for Eric Doyle. More later.

Scout

dubfan
01-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Great trade both for the present and the future. The defense will have to be one of the best group of 17 yr old cores in the league. Doyle and Postma will both be top 3 round NHL picks. Doyle gives Swift the ingredient that is missed with a puck moving d-man with power play skills. If the Haw deal is official that will be the grit that Crowley brought and remember very good chance Dane will be in the AHL next year.

minirep
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
What Haw deal?

ointhecreek
01-10-2007, 04:53 PM
What Haw deal?
Someone on the whiteboard jokingly said Haw to swifty for charlie horse. Dubfan must not have read it all, lol.

minirep
01-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I was wondering? I think it is to bad we didn't make a minor deal to replace the toughness that Crowley left. We know Rumsey won't do it!!!

ointhecreek
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Some of the other guys will have to step up. I heard a while ago that Toulman can scrap but I've yet to see it. Rumsey started off being the tough guy but has backed off lately, maybe injured? I think we'll be alright.

transplantedbronco
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey minirep its not that rumsey won't do it but when you are always up against the opponents top line HE CANT. As well Crowley has been in that position this year as well. He has been playing with little toughness as well.

minirep
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey minirep its not that rumsey won't do it but when you are always up against the opponents top line HE CANT. As well Crowley has been in that position this year as well. He has been playing with little toughness as well.

It is when guys get cheap shots like Nelson, that we need a guy like Crowley to do what he did in Regina. Smith is also a player that sticks up for his teammates well. I think Rumsey better step it up in this case.

Toswammi
01-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Please not the Rummer bashing. Bottom line the guy is better on the ice defending the other teams top line that in the box. As for toughness, also not too concerned. We may not have heavyweights but we got a fair share of guys that will drop them and defend others if need be.

Scout
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry for the delay guys/gals but i couldn't get on my own site. Thought bigern banned me.

Broncos and Silvertips Make Deadline Deal
JAN 10 - The Swift Current Broncos have announced that they have made a trade during Wednesday’s trade deadline with the Everett Silvertips. The Broncos have acquired 17-year-old defenseman Eric Doyle from the Silvertips in exchange for 19-year-old defenseman Dane Crowley, 16-year-old prospect forward Jordan Mistelbacher and a conditional draft pick.

“Eric is a player that we have coveted over the last year. With our power play being towards the bottom of the league we feel he is the type of player that will help us improve in this area for the second half of the season and for years to come,” commented Broncos GM/Head Coach Dean Chynoweth. “He is a highly touted prospect for this years NHL draft in June and presently ranked 19th amongst North American skaters by NHL’s Central Scouting. Eric will also be playing in the CHL prospects game next week in Quebec City”.

Doyle (pictured) was the Silvertips 1st round draft choice in the 2004 WHL Bantam Draft (15th overall) and is in his 2nd season in the Western Hockey League. The 6’2.5”, 195 lbs. Doyle is from Calgary, AB and has the following stats in his young WHL career:

Team GP G A PTS PIM
2005/06 Everett Silvertips 48 1 7 8 17
2006/07 Everett Silvertips 32 3 13 16 16

Doyle is now one of four 17-year-old defenseman suiting up for the Broncos, joining Paul Postma, Derek Claffey, and Ryan Molle.

“This was a very tough decision for our organization to make. Dane has been an outstanding player for us since he was acquired one year ago today,” commented Chynoweth. “He has been a true professional in his approach to the game and his work in the community. We thank him for his contributions and wish him luck in Everett."

Eric will be in the Broncos lineup this Friday when the team travels to Lethbridge.