PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade MacAngus!!!!

Tidball
01-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades announced this afternoon that they have acquired 17 year old left winger Derek Hulak and a 4th round draft pick in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft from the Regina Pats in exchange for 18 year old forward Michael MacAngus, a 3rd and a 5th round 2007 WHL Bantam Draft Pick.

I dont know Lorne....

howley
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't like this one. Macangus has turned it up alot lately. When you look at Hulaks numbers compared to Macangus they are pretty close in PPG yet Hulak is a year younger. Maybe this is a good trade. You just hate to disrupt the chemistry of menei, macangus and mccrae. See how this one pans out.

Trav
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
especially since we're dealing with a rival team however isnt Hulak supposed to be pretty good? Didnt he do well during pre-season and training camp. MacAngus was doing good this year so losing him will be tough but lets all give Hulak a chance here. Got another local kid so who knows.

Goblades26
01-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Hulak was tearing it up to start the year. He was on a real point streak, but something seems to have happened. I know his older brother and can check in and see if it was an injury. Sad to see Mike go, but I like the trade.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
As most of us think that MacAngus is a tough loss(and it was) I hope that Hulak can help the Blades,and he is a young player so he will be a good addition to this young team. :thumb: :)

Fight Guy
01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Hulak wanted to be closer to home due to personal/family reasons. Thats where this trade came from. I happy with it in the end. Hulak would have been great in the next couple years...now you guys get that.

Bran
01-10-2007, 09:26 PM
You guys will love Hulak, I'm sure!! As dissapointed as I am to see him go (especially to a rival team!) I hope he does well out there.

Dwight Schrute
01-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Hulak wanted to be closer to home due to personal/family reasons. Thats where this trade came from. I happy with it in the end. Hulak would have been great in the next couple years...now you guys get that.
its been posted that its due to his mother being ill. if this is true and was traded to be closer to his mother in a time of need, then i feel that was a very classy move by parker whom i dont consider to be too classy)
if so best wishes to his family and good luck in stoon ( but not against the raiders)

Trav
01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Molleken willng to give up a good player to get a good home town boy and Parker for doing what he can to accomodate Hulak and his family.