PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lamb to Lethbridge

langdak
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Kyle Lamb to Lethbridge for Michael Wuchterl

Beaner
01-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Interesting.

Guess this was a move to make room for Thelan.

Kassian
01-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Like I said on another board, basically a more talented version of Garet Hunt. dancing pi

N.W. Bruin
01-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Overall with the two deals Giants ahead.

Beaner
01-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Like I said on another board, basically a more talented version of Garet Hunt. dancing pi

Well, Lamb has been rather invisible the last while, I cant see Wuchterel bringing any less to the table than Lamb.

And it should make those Everett games a LOT more interesting

Carebear

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :groovy:

(sad about Lamber though! :()

Tipped Off
This may very well be true, but I've yet to see a link to this one.

langdak
01-10-2007, 04:35 PM

It is true, trust me

Tipped Off
01-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I've no reason to doubt you, but I've been able to confirm most all the others, but not this one. I'm sure it will come down shortly on some website if it has happened.

GF71
01-10-2007, 04:41 PM

Done deal. I have the press release from the Giants. :karate:

Kassian
01-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I've no reason to doubt you, but I've been able to confirm most all the others, but not this one. I'm sure it will come down shortly on some website if it has happened.

It's true. There is a press release in the Hurricanes forum.

Priceisright
01-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Interesting the Giants are going to roll the dice with a 17yr old goalie. I guess time will tell how that works out. :spineyes:

SixSixOne
01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
What the heck was the point of this trade? Boogaard'd I know that Lamb wasn't really scoring goals for us, but we just pretty much brought in another enforcer =\

sircountalot
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Had to move an overager...I like Lamb but the upgrade with Thelen on defense was too good to pass up I guess.

Kassian
01-10-2007, 07:24 PM
What the heck was the point of this trade? Boogaard'd I know that Lamb wasn't really scoring goals for us, but we just pretty much brought in another enforcer =\

Wuchterl is not an enforcer. He is a similar player to Garet Hunt with a bit more offensive upside. Lamb had to be moved because of Thelen and let's be honest Lamb wasn't doing enough as an overager.

Knuckles Muldoon
01-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure I understand this trade. Wuchterl is a guy who has moved around. I never thought too much of him when he was with Everett. As for Lamb, he must be absolutely crushed to be traded away from his hometown with the MemCup on the near horizon. He's a guy who was never great at anything but was pretty good at most things. His play so far this year has been a little disappointing, but I can think of others who have come up shorter than him. Tough break for the Lamber.

Section_Z
01-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure I understand this trade. Wuchterl is a guy who has moved around. I never thought too much of him when he was with Everett. As for Lamb, he must be absolutely crushed to be traded away from his hometown with the MemCup on the near horizon. He's a guy who was never great at anything but was pretty good at most things. His play so far this year has been a little disappointing, but I can think of others who have come up shorter than him. Tough break for the Lamber.

Hey Champ,

May have come down to the fact that the Giants had eyes on Thelen...had to move a 20. And....just a supposition here....pure speculation, but maybe the Giants had the Thelen thing in the works for a while...filling the 20 spot...then Rabbit jumps into their lap....well...what next??? We're not gonna move Festerling...so Lamb has to move....
That's my theory...I mean, Lamb for Wuchterl makes no sense, I agree with you there Champ...so the PA trade must have come first...
Just my two bits...

And for Ch":st sakes Giants...you're in PST, plenty of time to update the website before the end of day....(oh, right...you can only display one news story at a time, with no archive, and thus want to leave the Rabbit trade up on the Front Page for another day....makes lots of sense...!!???!?!?!?!?!?)

Knuckles Muldoon
01-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey Champ,

May have come down to the fact that the Giants had eyes on Thelen...had to move a 20. And....just a supposition here....pure speculation, but maybe the Giants had the Thelen thing in the works for a while...filling the 20 spot...then Rabbit jumps into their lap....well...what next??? We're not gonna move Festerling...so Lamb has to move....
That's my theory...I mean, Lamb for Wuchterl makes no sense, I agree with you there Champ...so the PA trade must have come first...
Just my two bits...

And for Ch":st sakes Giants...you're in PST, plenty of time to update the website before the end of day....(oh, right...you can only display one news story at a time, with no archive, and thus want to leave the Rabbit trade up on the Front Page for another day....makes lots of sense...!!???!?!?!?!?!?)
I get that they wanted to fit Thelen in there, no problem. But acquiring a second Hunt-type guy seems a bit weird. I can only suppose that Bones felt that grit would be the one thing the forward group could use more of. I don't know. They seem to have plenty as long as everyone plays their role.

rinkrat
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I can only suppose that Bones felt that grit would be the one thing the forward group could use more of. I don't know. They seem to have plenty as long as everyone plays their role.

ahem...Watt...

dondo
01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
^ ahem.. only if he shows up ... :p

actually I thought JD would be dealt today. Sad to lose Lamb, but as sect Z said what would you do? Fester isn't going anywhere, we already replaced what Lamb was supposed to bring us, namely some scoring and bit more, and we got a premier defenseman in the process, something most of us here have been saying -- that we need another d-man to make sure our depth in covered and we don't see Toigo being inserted into a fourth D spot.

Had Thelen not been a 20 yr old I'm sure that someone like Watt would have been odd-man out.

Anyway -- good luck in Lethbridge Kyle -- hope you bring them what they need and find some for yourself.

GF71
01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey Champ,

Just my two bits...

Haha. No updates as they were on the bus. In fact Flatters found out about the trade while on the bus. They dropped him and Lamb off already an their way though. John is at home in Calgary awaiting travel arrangements to get to PA.

As for Rabbit...you are closer than you think. It was BOSTON who got the ball rolling and left it to Saskatoon and Vancouver to make it work.

Beaner
01-10-2007, 11:35 PM
In fact Flatters found out about the trade while on the bus. They dropped him and Lamb off already an their way though.

Ouch that's a crappy way to find out you have been traded.

I hope they at least slowed down before throwing them off the bus. ;)

Priceisright
01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey Champ,

Just my two bits...

Hey glad I am not the only one barking bout the website. It's pretty lax. I have checked out many other Jr sites and the Giants site has to rank way down the charts.
Let's get working on a better webpage if your listening. :dead:

Knuckles Muldoon
01-11-2007, 12:09 AM
ahem...Watt...
I took the unspoken approach. :D

Carebear
01-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Ouch that's a crappy way to find out you have been traded.

I hope they at least slowed down before throwing them off the bus. ;)

Yah thats kinda lame, so they didn't even get to say goodbye to their billet families and stuff?!

One minute you're playin poker with your buddies, the next you're sittin alone at a bus stop....prob thinking "*** just happened?"

SixSixOne
01-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Now watch Lambchop light it up in Lethbridge and carry them to the Mem Cup and have them play the Giants, boy would Bonner ever look silly :p