PDA

View Full Version : Michael Wuchterl

Swando
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
What can the Giants expect from this guy? In Lamb your are getting speed and a great penalty killer who plays on the softer side for a older player. Hate to lose him as special teams play a big part of every game.

grainbear
01-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Small in height, but plays like 6' 2" . Finishing every check and never takes a night off also has improved foot speed this year. Will be great in the room , will never score 70 goals in a season but is great on special team for penalty kill . Will miss him especially next year as a 20 year old and the leadership he will bring to your club will amaze you.

Porkchop
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Wish they never traded Wuchs, is having a good season, and was a pleasure to watch. Why give him to vanc for a soft 20? Does this really make us better?

loudi94
01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Wish they never traded Wuchs, is having a good season, and was a pleasure to watch. Why give him to vanc for a soft 20? Does this really make us better?
I like Wuchterl but he is always one hit away from being done. I also feel as though he has gotten such a rep here among officials that he was never getting any calls no matter how badly he was being abused. Hogg's the same, he can get mugged and the whistle will rarely blow.

shushu
01-10-2007, 11:27 PM

how do you call that soft. thats more than mike would score if he played 10 years in this league. heres a question for you . do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? :confused:

Porkchop
01-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Whats negative with what I said, I liked the way he played and have seen lamb play, he's soft and would keep mike over him.

dondo
01-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Actually Lamb isn't soft.. as he was hitting quite a bit this season.

Last season he earned his way back as a 20 and so far he's been less than impressive, but he has skills, and decent speed, hits hard when he takes a mind to it. the real problem with lamb this season is consistency he vanishes for shifts and sometimes you forget he was out there that night..

I never thought that last season, so here's hoping he gets some quality minutes and rediscovers that player that's so valuable when he comes to play.

But Lamb can lay them out as well as the best of them -- so soft is not an adjective I would use. but he has been soft in terms of his work ethic. he's a great team guy, good leader, but I think he lost a numbers game early on and wasn't playing as much as he would like and got lazy.

He's also usually been a fan favorite -- most of us are choked he's gone and that he has been playing so leisurely - but between Rabbit, Festerling, Thelen and Lamb -- Lamb was odd man out by a wide margin.

I hope he gives the 'canes something to cheer about because its there. Not a sniper but decent hands, good wheels, not bad at seeing the ice. Solid second liner -- imo.

Pucker9
01-11-2007, 03:00 AM
I've seen this kid fight probably 3 times per season, including Braydon Coburn in his rookie year. Watch next time there is a scrum in font of the net, lamb is the first person with a glove in some guys face.Garunteed.