PDA

View Full Version : Hey Vancouver fans!

mccabe23
02-24-2005, 03:57 PM
The Rockets are coming to town!!! Batten down the hatches!!! Go Rockets!!! Take it easy on us as we have to save our energy for Koots the following night! ;)

Beaner
02-24-2005, 04:07 PM
If it's anything like the last Vancouver Kelowna match in Vancouver it should be a great game. Can't wait.

Go Giants. :clap:

Jovorock
02-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Ya it gonna be a good one and we can watch it on Shaw. :clap:

Knuckles Muldoon
02-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Should be the biggest crowd of the year (previous high was 12,300 against 'Loops). I hope its a lot like the game here last month, that was a beaut. This time, I predict the Giants will finally come through against the Rockets and get a much-deserved win. This could be the game-of-the-year. :spineyes:

amisk
02-24-2005, 07:55 PM
looking forward to this all year...I hope to see lots of Rockets fans at the game :wave: Great Hockey , Great Fans, Great fun!!

mccabe23
02-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Not sure how many fans will be in Vancouver for this game but on March 19th, you'll have to contend with 2 bus loads of us! Go Rockets!!!!

Beaner
02-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Not sure how many fans will be in Vancouver for this game but on March 19th, you'll have to contend with 2 bus loads of us! Go Rockets!!!!

I would expect over 10k, but I havent heard anything as of yet to ticket sales.

Have a good trip down, remember Vancouver is East of Kelowna. :laugh:

mccabe23
02-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh don't ya worry.....we'll find our way! :laugh: We'll be so loud, you'll hear us coming over the Coquihalla! I personally look forward to meeting a few of you Giants fan. I met a couple fans last time I was up there and they were very nice and knowledgable. Good hockey folks! Go Rockets!!!!

Jovorock
02-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Have a good trip down, remember Vancouver is East of Kelowna. :laugh:
Thanks for the travel tips, were you the skipper of the Exxon Valdees? :clap:

C.F
02-25-2005, 05:16 PM
I'll make sure to buy a Rockets fan a beer! I hope you all have fun(but not too much fun ;) )!

mccabe23
02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
It would be nice to meet some of you Vancouver posters before the game. And since you guys are the hosts and we are the guests, beers on you! :p

mccabe23
02-26-2005, 11:23 AM
So, what was everyone's thoughts on the game last night? I watched it on the tube and it looked pretty good. Gotta love that first period collision between Brule and Weber!! Both boys went down hard! Brule scored a nice goal but Sylvester scored an even nicer one! I liked the play of Festerling last night. He looked good and scored a nice goal too. So glad Kelowna came out with the two points last night. :thumb:

Jovorock
02-26-2005, 11:49 AM
It was a good game last night, Giant defense is brutal, but that is what they traded for?

Beaner
02-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Game was entertaining lots of action.

The 1st Kelowna goal by Bodie, I didnt see what happened, but it looked it may have got deflected but I'm not really sure. Didnt see the replay. The 2nd goal by sylvester was a cannon. Nice Shot. After those 1st 2 goals I thought geez, here we go, Vancouver is gonna get spanked.

The Brule goal was a blast to the top shelf, no chance for Yeomans. The Festerling goal had eyes to the net, no chance at all for Yeomans. I dont think he even knows who shot that thing.

After the 1st period being outshot 21-9, I thought, maybe the Giants can wake up and start taking it to Kelowna. However I guess they figured, if Marek can stop 19 shots in a period maybe he can stop more. Lets try it and see what happens.

So Kelowna completely dominated the 2nd period and deserved a much better fate than being up by only one goal after 2 Solid periods. Franson and Albers, I dont know what the heck they were doing on the Defence for the giants, at least 2 or 3 times there were 2 rockets behind the defence in the crease with the puck. I think the shots were 34-15 or something like that after 2 periods in favour of Kelowna.

In the 3rd Vancouver finally showed up had some good chances but, Yeomans closed the door, and thats all she wrote. Vancouver finally outshots Kelowna in the 3rd.

Overall the game was very entertaining to watch, High tempo the entire game, lots of hits, nice passing and all the other stuff that goes with it. Marek after 2 quick goals on 3 shots in the 1st settled down, and easily gave Vancouver a chance to win in the 3rd period. The 2 goals he let in in the 2nd he could hardly be blamed for as the defence was just nowhere to be seen.

Anyway I think Vancouver was lucky to only lose by 1 goal. Kelowna easily could have been up by 4 or 5 as they just had that many chance in the 1st and 2nd periods. Kelowna really looked like they want that #1 spot in the BC Division, they worked their tails off all game, probably the best road performance I have seen this year at the coliseum.

On a side note; If these 2 teams meet in the playoffs it will be a very entertaining series to watch with the potential for 9 games in a row considering they play a home at home series to end the season.

Kassian
02-26-2005, 03:21 PM
This game was TERRIBLE! The Giants played awful, and the game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. The Rockets totally dominated the game in just about every aspect. They had what, 25 or 28 shots on goal after the 1st period alone? That is ridiculous!

And those first two goals Schwarz let in were horrible. So embarrassing. Especially that one on Sylvester!

I was disappointed in the entire team after this one. Especially Grant. He carried the Giants on his back the last time we played Kelowna and it showed. The Giants dominated the game. A lucky fluke goal by Kelowna made the difference. But this time around he did nothing along with the entire Giants team... :burningma

Knuckles Muldoon
02-26-2005, 04:40 PM
This game was TERRIBLE! The Giants played awful, and the game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. The Rockets totally dominated the game in just about every aspect. They had what, 25 or 28 shots on goal after the 1st period alone? That is ridiculous!

And those first two goals Schwarz let in were horrible. So embarrassing. Especially that one on Sylvester!

I was disappointed in the entire team after this one. Especially Grant. He carried the Giants on his back the last time we played Kelowna and it showed. The Giants dominated the game. A lucky fluke goal by Kelowna made the difference. But this time around he did nothing along with the entire Giants team... :burningma
I pretty much agree. I thought Kelowna vastly outplayed the Giants, who's defense was brutal for much of the night. I liked the game here last month much better. It was a tight checking game compared to last night, but the hitting was great. Last night's game was good at times and bad at times. The Rockets are a pretty impressive club. The Giants are clearly getting spooked by them.

Teaps
02-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Especially that one on Sylvester!

No goalie would have been able to stop that shot...That was simply a howitzer...

C.F
02-26-2005, 05:43 PM
No goalie would have been able to stop that shot...That was simply a howitzer...
It was a bad goal. Shwartz wasn't in postition and he shouldn't have been able to make that shot in the first place.

amisk
02-26-2005, 06:47 PM

I sure hope the team went to school and tore out a few pages of how to play with decipline, great over all game for the Rockets, nice to see a team at work. As I see it, The Giants are not only lacking in defence but in size as well, It was scarry to see how many times we got pushed off the puck!!at the end of the day, The giants looked as if they were rode hard and put away wet..I enjoyed the game but It was the Rockets all the way!! Congats to the Rockets and like I said I hope we went to school for next time, or it will be a very short season and a long summer!!!

Kassian
02-26-2005, 08:57 PM

LOL. Yeah right. It was a really weak goal let in by a goalie that has a problem letting in many weak goals over the course of this season. If you looked at Schwarz after he let it in you would understand. He was pissed off at himself to say the least.

Even worse it was scored by a guy that doesn't do it very often... :dead: