PDA

View Full Version : Deadline has passed and we did well

Goblades26
01-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, I have to say that Molleken did a good job today. Mainly because he kept Cole and most of the team together. I was a little leary that maybe Zemlak would be moved, but happily he has been kept too.

Hulak was an excellent pick up, especially if he can pick up where the way he began the year.

And Cuthbert seems like a solid addition especially considering it cost us only a pick.

Both are still young, so we can look forward to having pretty much the same team for a few more years which is at times very tough to do in the WHL, and should be a benefit to us and could make us more of a powerhouse in years to come. Though anything can happen if we get into the playoffs this year, just making it will be valuable experience.

Funny litte tidbit, both are younger brothers of past WHL captains. Dan Hulak was Captin of the Broncos and Cuthberts brother was captain of the Rockets.

Shortys
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Sad to see MacAuley go, I enjoyed watching him this year, but I am happy with these trades, I think that they will work out great with us.
Good job Lorne.

Trav
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
you mean MacAngus lol.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Sad to see MacAuley go, I enjoyed watching him this year, but I am happy with these trades, I think that they will work out great with us.
Good job Lorne.
It was MacAngus that was traded for Hulak, yes I thought the Blades did something productive,loosing MacAngus was tough and to a divison rival (the Pats) to boot.

I was hoping there was going to be some defence moves. I guess Molleken thought that the defence was fine,but I do not think so(still thin I think anyways).

Shortys
01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Whoops!!! :D My bad, I meant MacAngus. too many mac's on our team. Well, not anymore.