PDA

View Full Version : Time to smell the coffee

In The News
01-10-2007, 07:39 PM
All I have heard about lately is how bad Dean Chynoweth is and if is not gone, I am not renewing my season ticket.
Look at what he had when he got here and what we have now thanks to his efforts.
When he arrived on the scene, the inmates were running the asylum and he had to be the bad guy to get the situation under control.
He has done that and now there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel. even a guy like me could come in here and in the next 2-3 years look like a real hero as i would be feeding off of what he has built.
Come on fans, give your head a shake and remember what was and where we are now.

ointhecreek
01-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Where have you seen all these posts here? There is the odd person but not as many as you make out to be. Fans are starting to come around and are seeing what he has done as a GM, but the odd person is questioning his ability as a coach and motivater. I don't know of anyone(well maybe one) that said they wouldn't renew their season tickets. Take a chill pill.

CrazyGeorge
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
We've got a young, highly toughted dman in return for Crowley that will be a good option to run the pp. For a 17 year old, he's pretty big and prety sure he'll be bigger. I like the deal to be honest. I don't see us getting any worse or really a significant upgrade for THIS SEASON but it's definetly a good opion for the future.

superfan
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
your absolutly right,he has his ways but it works

In The News
01-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I am chilled out. We need butts in the seats and it ain't happening. 1 peed off person tells 10 others. Time for the positive true fan to take control and tell the world.

Big Ern
01-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Where have you seen all these posts here? There is the odd person but not as many as you make out to be. Fans are starting to come around and are seeing what he has done as a GM, but the odd person is questioning his ability as a coach and motivater. I don't know of anyone(well maybe one) that said they wouldn't renew their season tickets. Take a chill pill.

Oh, serious dude, I've heard the "season ticket talk" at least twenty times in the last year. But it seems like finally, spoiled fans, with a lot of explaining have finally started realizing that all junior teams have a rebuilding stage.
As for my thoughts, you know what I have said about Dean Chynoweth from day 1. That hasn't changed in three years. And after today, it still hasn't changed.

ointhecreek
01-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Im not a Bronco fan but I always thought Crowley was great, and could do it all. Did you guys not see him in the same light?
I believe just about everyone liked Crowley and thought he was a Good player. But he is 19 and did well at Tampa's training camp and there is a chance he won't be back as a 20 yo. Doyle is a projected first rounder, top 20 from what I hear, and 17yo. Should be around for another 2 years anyway. He has a lot of good qualities offensively and good size at 6' 2" with room to grow. With him we will have an excellent back end for the next few years. It was great to watch Crowley for the last year and wish him well in Everett where he will have a chance at the cup.

ointhecreek
01-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh, serious dude, I've heard the "season ticket talk" at least twenty times in the last year. But it seems like finally, spoiled fans, with a lot of explaining have finally started realizing that all junior teams have a rebuilding stage.
As for my thoughts, you know what I have said about Dean Chynoweth from day 1. That hasn't changed in three years. And after today, it still hasn't changed.
I have heard it myself BUT not on this board. He makes it sound like all we do is bash Dean here. It's just not true HERE. If he/she is so PO'd at these people and in the news then write a letter to the editors.

In The News
01-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I am not doubting the loyalty of the posters on this site. You are as loyal as they come. What needs to happen is that the silent majority like you needs to speak out so that it becomes evident that the whiners are the minority and time for them to jump back on the band wagon. You call me serious and yes you are right but I care and will do what i can to help the Broncos in public not just fan forums that the majority do not subscribe to.

dynamitekid
01-10-2007, 09:45 PM
FYI - the coaches do not read this page, so enough a$$ kissing! dancing pi

Everett is loading up for the playoffs...when teams do that they tend to give up more than they recieve in the long term. We give our best defenceman and one of our top prospects...and a draft pick!!! sure, we have four good 17 year olds on the point...but rj larochelle was a blue chip 17 year old once upon a time! As for Postma...two goals this year. Molle = 0 goals. How many did White have in year two? Answer = way more. oh yeah, he had an attitude so dean sent him home when he got here.

As for unloading guys like crowley, then why did they keep moir, hunter, desloges and rumsey last year??? why not get at least a draft pick for Moir if we are building for next year.

As for Dean's wonderful trades, how about Fransoo for nothing (quarterback of the silvertip powerplay). how about three guys (including trojo cop) for aspenlind. what about redenbach for joe cruse, rj and that other kid (can't remember his name). what about keeping schenderling and losing aspendlind? Should i continue Big Ern???

Here are the facts for you guys that think things are so great. If we were in the central division we would be in last place...behind red deer who was also rebuilding last year. We are celebrating the fact that we lucked out and were moved back to the east. Maybe next year the league will let us play weyburn to get a few more points also.

By the way, Chynoweth has had 22 wins in year 1, 25 wins in year 2 and now 21 so far in 2006. Everett had 35 wins in the first season!!!!

Boy am i glad we didn't hire Habscheid, now where would we be? Hopefully better than second place in the worst division in junior hockey!!!!! dancing pi

As for complaining about fans not renewing their season tickets, remember not everyone are ultra fans that see no wrong no matter what is going on. the frustrated fans spend a lot of their hard earned money and don't have much to celebrate watching Daniel Rakos quarterback our powerplay. they have every right to complain and be frustrated just like you can be overexcited when we finally beat the hat. yeehoo

I'm done. dancing pi

Willis on the Welfare
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey Dynamite, you obviously have some sort of bitter axe to grind with Chynoweth. Hindsight is always 20/20. You talk of the Aspenlind deal; basically that was Trojo for Aspenlind which wasn't a bad deal. The other two players didn't even make it to the next season in the league. The Redenbach deal? What did he do in Lethbridge? Helped the Canes to a 1st round exit. Redenbach's value dropped about 50% the day Jeremy Williams left town, and Swift still has RJ playing solid on defence.

When talking of Dean's deals you seem to forget David Schulz for Ned and what ended up being Crowley for Hengen (today Crowley was dealt for an NHL prospect while Hengen went for a 5th round bantam pick).

Dean's a hell of a GM. I don't know what your issue is but it seems personal DK.

ointhecreek
01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Remember that one person I was talking about?
You have to remember something very important, dynamite. When Dean took over this club from that idiot McEwen, the club was in a mess. He had to pretty much rebuild it from the ground up. Sure, we made the payoffs every year but how far did we go? He played two lines all year long and they were worn out by the time the playoffs came and our young guys never had a chance to develop. Thats not a championship team.You say White just had an attitude? I guess you didn't know him very well. His head wouldn't fit through the dressing room door anymore. He thought he was bigger then the coach and everyone else. Have you even heard of the problems they are having with him in TO? Believes he is above the law now. Hasn't change much. Deans record is improving every year. It will really pay off starting next year and years to come. People just got spoiled and never really had to go through a rebuilding year and have no patience. I know its hard after we had some good teams until McEwen drove it into the ground. They are playing better hockey then last year regardless which division they are in. And we will be better next year. If you don't see that, then as far as I'm concerned you're not a true Bronco fan.

Big Ern
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Maybe DK you're one of those fans that's not an optimist, and complains no matter what happens. When the Broncos won 9-0 against Regina the other night, I'll bet you had something else to belly-ache about.
I'm not kissing anyone's a$$. I'm just trying to be optimistic, because it's a proven fact that optimistic fans help a team win. When the guys see fans walking around shaking their head and making faces that look like Jean Chretien, they don't have a desire to play for those fans anymore.
WHATEVER! I guess this is after all, a forum of opinion, and everyone has a right to their opinion.

I think Willis did a good job in supporting our view on Chynoweth above. Read it carefully, once again.

I'M DONE!

In The News
01-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Finally people are getting my point. Thanks for the help and for showing the positive. I always try to look at the up side. :clap: applause

Big Ern
01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Finally people are getting my point. Thanks for the help and for showing the positive. I always try to look at the up side. :clap: applause

LOL LOL Don't say "finally" to me!! LOL This has been my position on our management staff for the past three years. I haven't changed. I see a bright light at the end of the tunnel for this team, and I began to see it the day Chynoweth came in. It gets brighter all the time.

dynamitekid
01-10-2007, 11:02 PM
look, i have nothing personal against Dean, i just don't see things improving as much as you guys...ie where would we be if we were in the Central?

Trading Crowley for the future, to have four young studs on the point, isn't that bad down the road. But looking down the road, what does today do for Yonkman?

Why do we still have Kyle Moir. He has been my favorite player for the past three years (aside from Tidball & Trojovsky) and has literally helped this team get most of the wins the past two years. He has been nothing but a class act and we have been fortunate enough to have him...now we have another good goalie. Do we not have confidence in Yonkman to carry us through the year? That's the message it may send Yonkman...

For all his efforts for this franchise and for not complaining about platooning this year (after a long/successful career) could we not have even got a draft pick from Vancouver for him? That's looking to the future...maybe even replacing the draft pick we gifted to Everett. He at least deserved that from Dean and i think it would have helped us also for the next two years.

AS for hindsight in trades, i didn't mean to only say that every trade has been bad (ie lukacevic and crowley/tidball) but that he isn't the second coming of Glen Sather in Edmonton. i agree, some have worked out...but not all of them.

O, i have been a fan of this team in the days of Tiger Williams and Bryan Trottier so be careful to question if i am a real Bronco fan. I want this team to win just as much as anyone, but i'm not looking through rose colored glasses. i don't mind losing, i just want to lose with our young kids playing...like they did when we beat regina 9-0. :skeptical

i buy my season tickets just like you guys...so i have a right to my opinion, and not everybody is a deadbeat, "untrue" bronco fan if you are not as hyped up as some of you.

Speaking of hindsight...I'll bet most of you didn't mind that 'deadbeat' McEwan when he was WHL executive of the year!

Thanks for listening, time for one of my pills. :dead:

Tag, Davey Boy, you're in... :thumb:

HAF
01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
FYI - the coaches do not read this page, so enough a$$ kissing!

Are you sure about that? there are a lot of coaches and players and GM's that read this site. They may not read all of the message boards but I do know they read this one.

CHtoo
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
I just re-read all 21 of dynomite kid's messages. The only positive message amoungst them was about Karl Benke. Oh and the expansion.
Hmm most are all negative about a certain coach. Does anyone think there is a trend here? :spineyes:

Johnsy05
01-10-2007, 11:29 PM
I just re-read all 21 of dynomite kid's messages. The only positive message amoungst them was about Karl Benke. Oh and the expansion.
Hmm most are all negative about a certain coach. Does anyone think there is a trend here? :spineyes:

Yeah but just remember he has nothing against the coach!! ha yeah right give me a break DK.

Johnsy05
01-10-2007, 11:34 PM
look, i have nothing personal against Dean, i just don't see things improving as much as you guys...ie where would we be if we were in the Central?

Trading Crowley for the future, to have four young studs on the point, isn't that bad down the road. But looking down the road, what does today do for Yonkman?

Why do we still have Kyle Moir. He has been my favorite player for the past three years (aside from Tidball & Trojovsky) and has literally helped this team get most of the wins the past two years. He has been nothing but a class act and we have been fortunate enough to have him...now we have another good goalie. Do we not have confidence in Yonkman to carry us through the year? That's the message it may send Yonkman...

For all his efforts for this franchise and for not complaining about platooning this year (after a long/successful career) could we not have even got a draft pick from Vancouver for him? That's looking to the future...maybe even replacing the draft pick we gifted to Everett. He at least deserved that from Dean and i think it would have helped us also for the next two years.

AS for hindsight in trades, i didn't mean to only say that every trade has been bad (ie lukacevic and crowley/tidball) but that he isn't the second coming of Glen Sather in Edmonton. i agree, some have worked out...but not all of them.

O, i have been a fan of this team in the days of Tiger Williams and Bryan Trottier so be careful to question if i am a real Bronco fan. I want this team to win just as much as anyone, but i'm not looking through rose colored glasses. i don't mind losing, i just want to lose with our young kids playing...like they did when we beat regina 9-0. :skeptical

i buy my season tickets just like you guys...so i have a right to my opinion, and not everybody is a deadbeat, "untrue" bronco fan if you are not as hyped up as some of you.

Speaking of hindsight...I'll bet most of you didn't mind that 'deadbeat' McEwan when he was WHL executive of the year!

Thanks for listening, time for one of my pills. :dead:

Tag, Davey Boy, you're in... :thumb:

As far as that goes dean has said himself when talking to kyle the only team he would send kyle is to vancouver for a chance at a memorial cup... secondly he said he would not trade anyone for draft picks it would have to be for a prominent young player(doyle)... thirdly did u not hear about wacey rabbit going to vancouver not to mention Thelen getting traded there? So where do u see this trade with vancouver for draft picks?

Johnsy05
01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey Dynamite, you obviously have some sort of bitter axe to grind with Chynoweth. Hindsight is always 20/20. You talk of the Aspenlind deal; basically that was Trojo for Aspenlind which wasn't a bad deal. The other two players didn't even make it to the next season in the league. The Redenbach deal? What did he do in Lethbridge? Helped the Canes to a 1st round exit. Redenbach's value dropped about 50% the day Jeremy Williams left town, and Swift still has RJ playing solid on defence.

When talking of Dean's deals you seem to forget David Schulz for Ned and what ended up being Crowley for Hengen (today Crowley was dealt for an NHL prospect while Hengen went for a 5th round bantam pick).

Dean's a hell of a GM. I don't know what your issue is but it seems personal DK.

Not to mention the trade with medicine hat 19 yr old Jarred Sauer for Dale Weise 18 and spencer McAvoy also 18yrs old hmm i wonder who got the best of that deal!

Offsider
01-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Dean's coaching record speacks for itself

Bronco's
05/06 24-34-6-8 4th Central
04/05 22-41-6-3 5th Central missed playoffs first time in 30 years
Seattle Thunderbirds
03/04 24-31-8-9 5th in US
02/03 44-22-3-3 1st in US
01/02 21-40-6-5 4th in West
00/01 30-33-6-5 6th in West

Win's 165 Loss 201 Tie 35 Overtime loss 25

One full season over 500

PS 9-0 win over the Pats Dave was the coach Look at his resume .

transplantedbronco
01-11-2007, 08:30 AM
You know at times I have been hard on Dean as a Coach, as a fan who buys my ticket and sponsors the team I can do that. But I have never been hard on Dean as a GM. As a GM Deans is one of the best. We are just now starting to see HIS team. And holy crap I cant wait. Dynamite, you talk about well if we were in the Central we would be last. WHO CARES WE ARE NOT IN THE CENTRAL SO GET OVER IT. We are 2nd in the East so celebrate! Just look at the talent we have comming up on this team and tell me you truly dont like Dean. What he has done has been nothing short of spectacular. He has rebuilt this team in only 2.5 years. It took teams like Med Hat and Kelowna like 10 years. You know what at times his coaching style still raises question marks with me but he has obviously grown and when we beat Regina 9-0 he may not have been behind the bench but they were playing HIS systems and Dave was coaching HIS systems. We are an exciting team to watch and I am enjoying watching this team this year.

proudsince86
01-11-2007, 11:15 AM
where is drunk gerald when you need him to lighten the mood and break the tension on the bronco page? Boogaard'd

Offsider
01-11-2007, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=transplantedbronco]You know at times I have been hard on Dean as a Coach, as a fan who buys my ticket and sponsors the team I can do that. But I have never been hard on Dean as a GM. As a GM Deans is one of the best. We are just now starting to see HIS team. And holy crap I cant wait. Dynamite, you talk about well if we were in the Central we would be last. WHO CARES WE ARE NOT IN THE CENTRAL SO GET OVER IT. We are 2nd in the East so celebrate!

You have to care about the Central . The WHL has four divisions and the 2nd round off the playoffs can go by fast if you don't care about the Central . the Team needs money (people in the seats) . We have a chance to sneak into the 3rd round if we finish first in the East . Most fans agree we needed upfront scoreing. not saying the trade was bad but it Looks like Dean is thinking next year. Broncos Bank account can't handle to many next years

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Welcome back buddy. We missed you and your drunken ways.

Now go sober up.

transplantedbronco
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Ya gotta love Drunk Gerald, everyone is entitled to their opions and just because some might not agree with Dean dosen't mean they don't love this team. We all have are opinons and we are all entitled to say them. Good luck in Alberta boys. Give those teams hell.

dodywood4ever
01-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Any post that is not 100% pro rah rah Broncos is garbage and deleted? I didnt swear (oh ya ass. ooooohhh), no personal attacks just stating that this is a average team with an average coach and that gets junked? Why?