PDA

View Full Version : No moves yesterday by Medicine Hat?

Redwic
01-11-2007, 09:51 AM
I understand that the Tigers already had acquired Sauer, but I wonder if that one move was enough. What are some other thoughts?

Also, are Medicine Hat fans concerned about the recent surge by Kootenay? The ICE also did not make any trades at the deadline.

bandwagonboy
01-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Many fans feel, and I'm some what inclined to agree that the tigers needed more size/physicality up front. Whether that be true or not, Willy prefers faster mobile forwards who finish checks like Rumple and Stevens (when he's on).

After the Sauer trade I wasn't really expecting any moves. I don't think they need more scoring, they are one of the top offensive teams in the league. At times they could look very average defencively so hopefully Sauer helps that problem. I personally think it was a team problem, not a case of needed another experienced blue liner. But either way it's a good deal because you just can't have enough experienced blue liners.

I'm not overly concerned about the Ice. If they finish ahead of the tigers, then they finish ahead of the tigers. With the tiger's road record home ice advantage in the playoffs will be very negligable anyway.

Tiger Trauma
01-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Many fans feel, and I'm some what inclined to agree that the tigers needed more size/physicality up front. Whether that be true or not, Willy prefers faster mobile forwards who finish checks like Rumple and Stevens (when he's on).

After the Sauer trade I wasn't really expecting any moves. I don't think they need more scoring, they are one of the top offensive teams in the league. At times they could look very average defencively so hopefully Sauer helps that problem. I personally think it was a team problem, not a case of needed another experienced blue liner. But either way it's a good deal because you just can't have enough experienced blue liners.

I'm not overly concerned about the Ice. If they finish ahead of the tigers, then they finish ahead of the tigers. With the tiger's road record home ice advantage in the playoffs will be very negligable anyway.

Pretty much agree
I'd like to see them finish ahead of kootenay for the banner, and home ice. But kootenay is a good team, and plays fairly consistent.