PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Update

Scout
01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Porter's Perspective
JAN 11 - Over the last month, the Swift Current Broncos Office has received numerous requests for more information on how the team’s prospects have been doing this season with their respective junior clubs. The public relations department has asked that I submit information on some of the up and coming players that the Broncos have drafted and/or listed. I thought I would start with a couple of players people may not have heard a lot about.

The first is a player Broncos fans got a chance to watch live earlier this month, Justin Dowling. Justin was listed out of last year's training camp and lives in the Cochrane area of Alberta where he plays for the UFA Bisons in the Alberta Major Midget League. He made the team last year as a 15 year old and is currently leading the league in scoring with 17 goals and 41 points in 2006/07. He was named a first team all-star at the centre position for their league's all-star game. In his first Western Hockey League game in a Broncos uniform, Justin helped the team to a 9-0 win chipping in 2 assists while wearing #33.

The other player I will discuss is James Martin from Winnipeg, MB. James plays for the Winnipeg Wild of the Manitoba Midget AAA league, along with fellow Bronco prospects Cody Eakin and Scott Macaulay. Macaulay and Martin are actually defense partners. Martin was the Bronco's 2nd round pick in last year's draft. He is a 6'1, 180 lbs defenseman and currently has 3 goals and 14 points to go
along with 44 pim. He made his Bronco debut last Saturday during the team's road game in Regina.

Jamie Porter
Director of Scouting/Player Personnel
Swift Current Broncos Hockey Club