PDA

View Full Version : We Could all learn from this

scamperdog
01-11-2007, 10:17 PM
This was posted on the kelowna rocket ruckus board, from a parent and is something we all could learn from.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/143786/message/1168549130/Thank+you

To all the true fans of the Kelowna rockets such as Squigg, Lovin the Rockets, Zaner, GR 8 Freak to name a few and the many others like Dave & Lisa that we met in the arena over the last 10 years. A sincere thanks for allways sticking with our boys and wishing them well and cheering them on through good times and bad times. You helped see them through my fight with cancer, our dear friend Brian Moens death and many injuries to name a few. I enjoyed the letters, dollies and rocket earrings that you made and sent to me over the years
To some of you who sometime take the low road like Steckor, Agm 2003, Keavnie and others. I would like to remind you that these are just young men trying thier best who have families and friends that love them and it hurts when you dwell on the negative instead of encouraging them for thier efforts. I would hope that you would treat them with the same respect you would want your son or future sons treated. The 20th anniversary of the bus crash in Swift Current really hits home and is a reminder to us all that hockey isn't everything. I hope you know the sacrifices these boys make to play a game they love.
I can assure you that if you ever had the opportunity to meet and talk to Craig you would know what he brought to this team. In a game where leadership and chemistry is so important you need guys like Craig. When Craig was drafted it wasn,t because they thought he'd be a superstar and score 50 goals. It was because they knew he'd be a good leader, give 110% every night and would be self motivated. A very good WHL coach told me at the time that they love guys like this and with good teaching they can make then into pretty good players in this league.Unfortunately for Craig due to circumstances out of his control and everyone expecting him to be exactly like his older brother he never got an opportunity to use his strengths. Our family will allways be rocket fans but we are happy for Craig to have a new start with a new team with a new coach who we believe is one of the very best in the WHL. To those of you who have complained about the Hamiltons over the years. I want you to know that in our opinion they are one if not the best front office in the leaque and set a high standard for all others. We thank them and will be forever gratefull for what they do for these young men. We would also like to thank Craigs teammates, the ofc and store staff, the education and billet coordinators, team chaplin, trainers, prospera place staff, the scouting staff, Dianne and Lorne and Jan for all they have done for our two sons and the rest of our family over the last 10 years.So to all of you fans keep cheering and the best of luck to you and your team in the future.

If anyone would like to reply to me positive or negative please feel free to do so by emailing me or calling me at 306-773-6634. I would much rather talk to you person to person and really know who you are rather than hiding behind login names on a public forum.
But once again thanks for a great ten years of mostly wonderfull memories.

transplantedbronco
01-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for reposting this here. I think everyone on this site should have to read this to continue on it. We all have to remember these are young men who play this game for us to enjoy and they need our support not people bashing them. Being from Kelowna originally in know the forum and some of those people need to be taking out back and beat on. Even on this site there are some posters who take one or two steps too far. I do know they are the minority though. Thanks for the post.