PDA

View Full Version : A Win, And a bunch of good stuff..

Shinyshoes
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Finally, a solid win. Goals started to come, and hopefully the train has righted itself on the track.

The good stuff:

1) Points - Beating the team we were tied with in the standings to take over 3rd place in the Central.
2) Goaltending - Reimer getting his 1st WHL Shutout. I can't believe he hasnt got one before this, but good for him for being solid when we needed him.
3) Poulter - Doubled his Goals on the year, and just generally had a good game. Sounds like Sutter is getting him a little more ice time to go along with the confidence he is stating to build. Also Named the Games First Star!
4) Powerplay - Going 3/8 after some posters have been complaining about it not performing. I don't know if Hanzel returning has do with it, but he scored a powerplay goal to start us off. Morrin also was on the point on the powerplay and ended the game with 2 pts (1 on the PP)
5) General Play - I wasn't at the game, but it sounded like some of the team who have been a little lower on the totem pole were picking up their game. Pieper, Poulter, Vandermeer, Henry (Even got 2nd star), etc. Sounded like a solid team effort.
6) Beating Calgary - There is nobody I would rather see fall to the Rebels......

SectionNDeserter
01-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Good to see the powerplay get back on track, and especially good to see Poulter pot a couple of goals. Poulter has shown a lot of speed at times, and pulled off some nice moves this year, but up until this week has generally shot the puck straight into the opposition goaltenders chest every time. And I really have to go with you on #6. I wouldn't really care if the Rebels finished second last in the league, as long as Calgary finished last :D

peatfan
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Hitmen sucked tonight. No intensity, no hustle nothing. Really a boring game. Reblels scored early then played a sound road trip, took the fans out of the game and never started anything physical to wake up the Hitmen. Hanzel scored a beautiful wrist shot in the first. I'm looking forward to him play with Mueller on my Coyotees team. Both Sutter's played good as did Vandermeer. Never noticed Lamaereaux much tonight. I'm surprised when you mentioned that Reimer had his first shutout tonight. He always seems to play good against us. Can't believe that the Hitmen came out so flat. 9 minutes until their first shot. Pathetic.

hockey4
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
was at the game. In regards to Hanzal SND, he did get a goal but i thought overall he was not good. sloppy passes, not moving his feet. They said 6800 were there tonight but it sure didnt look that way. A few rebels fans made the trip, including the molson road trip winners down in a suite. Good confidence winner for the boys going into the weekend. My buddy tried to get tickets for the game saturday and he got one of the few seats left, so it should another solid crowd.

RDRebelsfan
01-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Great win! applause

Rebel66
01-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Now that was a huge win for the team! Great to see them post a shutout in Calgary in convincing fashion. That has to be good for the teams confidence.