PDA

View Full Version : Canes tickets.

hockey4
01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey there

Just looking around at some team websites, and i noticed this ticket promo on the Hurricanes website.
http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/news/2007/01/11/new-half-season-ticket-pack-bonus

so u basically get tickets to the remaining 11 games, plus a free voucher to make up for the games missed in the second half (7 tickets). Plus 2 flames tickets (which have to be paid to the flames in full),for only $240 adult and $177 for a student. Like how do they make any money. i understand the motto is get people in the building, but they've been doing this stuff for years, and attendance is down again. what gives? i know they set out this year to make $400 000, but judging from the attendance numbers and these rates, how is that possible.

Then for the giants (one of the top teams, defending champs, ect..) game, you get 2 adult tickets and 16 kids tickets for only $84 dollars, that is crazy.

shushu
01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Hey there

Just looking around at some team websites, and i noticed this ticket promo on the Hurricanes website.
http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/news/2007/01/11/new-half-season-ticket-pack-bonus

so u basically get tickets to the remaining 11 games, plus a free voucher to make up for the games missed in the second half (7 tickets). Plus 2 flames tickets (which have to be paid to the flames in full),for only $240 adult and $177 for a student. Like how do they make any money. i understand the motto is get people in the building, but they've been doing this stuff for years, and attendance is down again. what gives? i know they set out this year to make $400 000, but judging from the attendance numbers and these rates, how is that possible.

Then for the giants (one of the top teams, defending champs, ect..) game, you get 2 adult tickets and 16 kids tickets for only $84 dollars, that is crazy.

that something is better than nothing .its not like at safeways where the product you are buying costs the business to bring it in ,and if they discount it they could loose.the seats are there with the exception of renting the building the seats are there filled or not.and by discounting seat prices its just added revenue for the team even if at a lowered rate.....imo