PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heading to Red Deer?

Broncs in RD
01-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I will be there loud and proud. I am excited to see Doyle. If we look at the way Dean has been building this team we will be very competitive next year and I believe a mem cup contender in 2 years. There is no team that has the young prospects as we do. We put up with Mcewans crap and depletion of the franchise for how long and now Dean has turned this franchise around totaly. We will have the top Dmen for years to come and a group of forwards that will be unstoppable. Nelson, Wudrick, Weise, Eakin, Bortis, Dowling these Kids will contnue to grow and become even better. I think Dean deserves to be resigned at least 2 more years as GM for sure. This team will be at the top of the league again.

bronco rep
01-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey Broncs i have to agree with you this team is going to make a whole alot of noise next yr. We have to start giving Dean some credit for some of the players he has brought in here. And for some of you Dean bashers he does have the final say who he brings in here. For some of the spoiled fans in this city they expect that if the Broncos are not in first place we have a brutal team. Deano i tip my hat to you. You were left with a mess from hell when you arrived here. Good luck this weekend & let the chase for first begin. :clap: :clap:

transplantedbronco
01-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Two of the best posts I've read in a while. So true, Dean has turned us around and in only 2.5 years. He deserves alot of credit. When he took over we were junk with no prospects. We now have good players and great prospects. Well done Dean. :thumb:

mjwfan
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Before Xmas that is all you read on here is to fire Dean .. Get behind your team as they look pretty good , Maybe not as good as the Warriors .lol..

minirep
01-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Make up your mind rep, one day you want him fired the next day you like him.

mjwfan
01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Lets get together on this .. I think the way it works . if they lose two games in a row he should get fired . unless he makes a good trade then maybe keep him for a extra game. Swift Fans get your ass in the seats and enjoy the games.

Big Ern
01-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Lets get together on this .. I think the way it works . if they lose two games in a row he should get fired . unless he makes a good trade then maybe keep him for a extra game. Swift Fans get your ass in the seats and enjoy the games.

I'm a frequent on this site. Are you talking to me? Review all my posts. Have I ever changed position on this issue? "Not ALL Swift fans want the GM/HC fired one game...rehired the next game...LOL
Lest I forget, GREAT GAME FOR THE TRIBE IN THE JAW TONIGHT, I guess. Whenever they play Sask. or Reg. for me it's GO WARRIORS GO!!!
Swifty did not do so great tonight...I think they weren't quite ready for the outburst Lethbridge had....NO "mjfan", IT'S NOT THE COACH!! LOL LOL LOL

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 09:23 AM
You should worry about your own team. There is enough to b*tch about there without coming here and b*tching about our fans. Like how your city can't get it together for a new rink or renovate the old one, it's been going on how long? If they don't get it together soon you won't have a team to watch.

bronco rep
01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey Minirep you do have the floor now.. Whats your take on Deano. If you read my post it correctly i give Dean credit for the players & the job he has did as a gm. I do question his coaching at times. One last thing i think mjwfan has every right to come on our forum & give his piece of mind & he is correct if we could only get people to support our team instead of always *****ing about little things we would be alot better off.

Big Ern
01-13-2007, 09:53 AM
You should worry about your own team. There is enough to b*tch about there without coming here and b*tching about our fans. Like how your city can't get it together for a new rink or renovate the old one, it's been going on how long? If they don't get it together soon you won't have a team to watch.

Finally, someone gave mjfan the gears. I was too kind with him. Good post...thanks O! I too, think that Moose Jaw has enough to worry about without criticizing our forum and fans. Although I am fond of opposing fans posting on our forum...if it's a sensible post. I tend to post on other teams' forums too, sometimes. I make headings like, "TIGERS DUMPED" or "RAIDERS HALTED." LOL LOL LOL
Hope we can down RD tonight. The more the officiating ticks Sutter off, the better. When he's real mad, that's when the Rebels start losing. GO SWIFTY! :thumb:

Broncs in RD
01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Bigern I don't think mjfan was critisising your post at all, I think you got a little paranoid there. Same as you O. All he stated was that people are complaining that we should fire Dean as a coach even though we are 2nd in the East. He pretty much backed your previous posts by saying fans are too hard on Dean. Also who are you too say they are having troubles getting a new rink/renos how long did it take us? since I started watching the broncos they were wanting renos to the ccc that was like 20 years ago. The difference is that they fill their rink in Moose Jaw and have loyal fans and they have had nothing to really cheer about.

Minirep who is going to be the tough guy now that CROW left....lol

mjwfan
01-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe we do have enough to worry about here in M.J. but we seem to be doing just fine (filling the crushed can) and Yes we are in last place . You don't hear all the Bi-ching from our fans. I don't know how many times i have been on here and most of you guys want Dean fired .. I think he is a better coach than Steve , BUT do you hear we want to fire our coach everytime we lose a couple of games. I know for a fact if you guys were in last place like we are there would not be 1400 people in the seats at the cc . NOT saying you are all bad fans .. in fact YOU have some very good fans but just not enough of them .. A couple loseing seasons and the team will be out of Swift ..Just because 1400 fans will just not cut it. Big - whatever and P-in the creek slam me all you want , but the reason i post on here is because I do cheer for Swift .

mjwfan
01-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Broncos in RD - Very well said . Just because someone from another team posts on here ... does not mean they are slamming you and your posts . I think all i was saying was the truth . We are both small market teams and in order to keep our teams we have to get out and support them WIN or LOSE .

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 11:08 AM
mjwfan nicely put but i do need to correct you. A couple more losing seasons would not be the end of us. We are a community owned team. Which means we do not have to make a ton of money. The only mandate is to makes sure hockey is viable in Swift Current. There is a hube difference is profit and keeping them viable. I think PA is the other community owned team. The rest HAVE to turn sizeable profits.

mjwfan
01-13-2007, 11:20 AM
We also are a community owed team and I think a couple of bad years and i would think both of our teams would be in big trouble .. I might be wron Tansplantedbronco , but costs alot of $$$$ to run these teams. We don't have deep pockets like some of these other teams .. Good Luck tonight in Red Deer .

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't know how many times i have been on here and most of you guys want Dean fired .. I think he is a better coach than Steve , BUT do you hear we want to fire our coach everytime we lose a couple of games..
I don't think MOST of us guys want Dean fired. Better read our forum again. Yes there are a few but I think there are a lot that don't, the majority. Yes we do question some of his decisions but that doesn't mean we want him fired.

Big - whatever and P-in the creek slam me all you want , but the reason i post on here is because I do cheer for Swift .
This is what you call not slamming or criticizing? I wont sink to your level of name calling, grow up. Yes you have every right to come here and voice your opinion, but expect a reply and MY opinion when you start criticizing our fans and posters when I think you are wrong.

Broncs in RD
01-13-2007, 11:50 AM
O his reply wasnt stating YOU as wanting the coach fired you took it out of context as well as big ern. He has come on here before and there were people wanting dean fired. Why you took it as him calling you out is beyond me. (Paranoia maybe) or a bad day maybe or maybe you just wanted an argument. So where you get off ripping into another fan because you THINK he was talking about you is totally ridiculous. Show me where he put your names as the one who said Dean should be fired. Yes there was a thread started by someone about firing Dean and that is where alot(not you or bigern) of fans voiced their frustration and wanted him fired.

Broncs in RD
01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Chynoweth has got to go, and whoever hired him should be held accountable!! Here is a few things to think about.

-What kind of a snow job did he pull on our board of directors for them to think that he was the man and then sell our soul to him and give him so much power. Why do you think that none of the board are allowed to have billits? Could it be so that they are not allowed to find out what is going on or what a joke he is for a coach!
-If we are rebuilding what in the hell are we doing playing all these third line older players. Our young guys are really growing by sitting in the stands. Calgary might be the biggest team to play at the rink this year and our big deffencemen is sitting in the stands go figure. It makes no sense to be playing LLoyd when you can be giving Benke the experience he needs for next year.
-What about Ned? Our most gifted player and all the coach does is **** on him. When you have talent and and are put on a line with slugs sure you are going to be disappointed. What happened to the Bortis, Nelson and Lukacevic line. I guess that was too much excitment for him. Now they will deal him because they say he has a bad attitude. Not True. He atleast speaks up in the room.
-Was Dean not a rough tough player? Our team might be the softest in the league. There is not a team out there that is scared to come into our barn. He says he does not want to get a tough guy that cannot play? Then why have a bunch of guys who cannot play that are not tough???? Rumsey is toatly invisible since he has either been told not to scrap or has the I have beeen drafted syndrome. Also so is R.J. The big teams and rivals show up and those are the games Benke sits whats up with that.
-WHen was the last time we had a great Euro? Our's are fun to watch but they are not supposed to be ou best body checkers! Get someone else to make those picks.
-We have now got to put up with him for another YEAR!!! How can you only give Smith one year and this STIFF three? I know we can not pay him out. I heard a good one the other day. Lets have a get rid of Chynoweth lottery!!! I will take $100 worth right now as would most Bronco fans to get rid of him and I'm sure it would sell out in a week.
-One last thought for you and the Board of Directors, if Team Canada had not hired Marc do you think Chynoweth was their second pick!!!!! Give me a break.

This was the thread he was talking about because there were many fans voicing their anger with him.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 12:02 PM
. Also who are you too say they are having troubles getting a new rink/renos how long did it take us? since I started watching the broncos they were wanting renos to the ccc that was like 20 years ago. The difference is that they fill their rink in Moose Jaw and have loyal fans and they have had nothing to really cheer about.
You better check again. The renos have only been talked about seriously and planning here for the past couple years. Moose jaw longer, don't know for sure but they still haven't figured it out. Not sure how you would know what was happening 20 years ago, what were you, 5? I've been a fan since Tiger, Trottier, Raskowski and so on so don't question my loyalty. Don't matter, you're a fan and that's good. As far as them not having anything to cheer about, what about last year? They had a good team and that brings in fans the next year. We'll see what happens if they tank for a couple years. They also have 3 times the population to draw from and don't have to rely on as many rural fans.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 12:06 PM
O his reply wasnt stating YOU as wanting the coach fired you took it out of context as well as big ern. He has come on here before and there were people wanting dean fired. Why you took it as him calling you out is beyond me. (Paranoia maybe) or a bad day maybe or maybe you just wanted an argument. So where you get off ripping into another fan because you THINK he was talking about you is totally ridiculous. Show me where he put your names as the one who said Dean should be fired. Yes there was a thread started by someone about firing Dean and that is where alot(not you or bigern) of fans voiced their frustration and wanted him fired.
I never said he was ripping me, he said MOST of our fans wanted Dean fired. I was just defending our board and our fans. Read it again.

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 12:32 PM
You can just feel the love on the board can't you.

mjwfan
01-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I guess to make my friend Ointhecreek happy .. I should of stated a few Fans .. hope this makes you feel better .. Now get over it . But i'm going to still use the word MOST .. Most of ya better go and enjoy your team and the game .
Also Ointhecreek Last yr many did not figure the warriors would have a good team and we sold the most season tickets ever . and why put the fan in Red Deer down as how would he remember what happened 20 yrs ago. Do you know him ? Maybe he has heard and read what was talked about 20 yrs ago .
Geeeeeeeee .. This topic has got more posts than wanting your C-GM fired .

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 12:43 PM
You can just feel the love on the board can't you.
Lol, yea I guess I need to ease up a bit. I just get a little defensive of Bronco fans when people from other teams start ripping us and then some of these same fans defend them. haha

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Now you got a problem with me defending someone. I agreed with his statement "We are both small market teams and in order to keep our teams we have to get out and support them WIN or LOSE ". Some how we need to get more people out to games. But why should I defend myself to you, kind of a waste of my time.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 12:50 PM
and why put the fan in Red Deer down as how would he remember what happened 20 yrs ago. Do you know him ? Maybe he has heard and read what was talked about 20 yrs ago .
Geeeeeeeee .. This topic has got more posts than wanting your C-GM fired .
As a matter of fact I do know who he is and how old he is, but I wasn't "putting him down", just asking him a question. He didn't read anything about it because there was nothing to read. If he did I would certainly like to know where he read it. You're a little bit defensive now aren't you? Quit trying to start trouble.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Now you got a problem with me defending someone. I agreed with his statement that we need to support our teams and watch games. Some how we need to get more people out to games. But why should I defend myself to you, kind of a waste of my time.
OK, I guess you want to do this. You were defending him/her for the wrong reason and you don't want to admit it. You won't defend yourself to me because you can't. You were wrong and you know it.
Now, I kind of apologized for being so intense and need lo lighten up a bit, but if you can't go along with that it won't bother me any. I'm just an intense, loyal fan that defends what I see as a criticism.

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Where was i wrong there. We Do need to support our team. But Im also intense and maybe take things personally when they werent meant that way.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Where was i wrong there. We Do need to support our team. But Im also intense and maybe take things personally when they werent meant that way.
After going back and re-reading the thread I see it wasn't you I meant refering to and apologize.

Broncs in RD
01-13-2007, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=ointhecreek]As a matter of fact I do know who he is and how old he isQUOTE]

How do you know me? I don't know you! Yes I was 5 then, but have also worked with the broncos back in the Todd Mcllelan days along with colin Robinson. and there were even discussions then about expansion and renos. Anyway besides the point. Giver $h!t tonight boys I will be there in section K cheering on the Broncs tonight.

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks O and I also apalogise.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 04:32 PM
How do you know me? I don't know you! Yes I was 5 then, but have also worked with the broncos back in the Todd Mcllelan days along with colin Robinson. and there were even discussions then about expansion and renos. Anyway besides the point. Giver $h!t tonight boys I will be there in section K cheering on the Broncs tonight.
I don't exactly know you but know who you are. I think the discussions back then were done. If I'm not mistaken that's about the time they renovated the dressing rooms and built the referee's dressing rooms on the east side.