PDA

View Full Version : Hunt the only Giant who may play all 72 regular season games with Lucic suspended

N.W. Bruin
01-13-2007, 01:28 AM
It is amazing considering I thought Hunt might have a hard time sticking with the team but he has scored some goals here and there. And now with the upcoming suspension to Lucic he is the only guy who may play every regular season game.

dondo
01-13-2007, 01:35 AM
you figure it'll be an automatic for Lucic to get at least one game NWB? Or have they already decided that he's suspended?

N.W. Bruin
01-13-2007, 01:53 AM
you figure it'll be an automatic for Lucic to get at least one game NWB? Or have they already decided that he's suspended?

I don't think there has been more than one or two players if that who have had a major this year who have avoided any suspension.

Swando
01-13-2007, 02:44 AM
The only saving grace for Milan will be that Helm didn't miss any time. If he was injured Lucic could face a lot more. It's not an automatic suspension - but every major is reviewed by the league. I'd say Lucic gets off free or I game minimum.

Kassian
01-13-2007, 03:32 AM
There shouldn't be a suspension but that being said I won't be surprised if there is.

fightstrap50
01-13-2007, 02:25 PM
There shouldn't be a suspension but that being said I won't be surprised if there is.
why shouldnt there be a suspension? because its a giants player that made the dumb hit?

It was intentional and he knew he was going to hit his knee. They showed the replay like 10 times last night and even that Dan Russell guy(from Vancouver) and his partner agreed it was bad. He didnt even lift his shoulder to make it look like he actually tried to body check him.

Lucic knew he was going to be caught out of possition had Helm started to skate and threw a knee on knee. end of story.

If it was a Tiger that did it you'd be losing your marbles over it.

just my two cents

Kassian
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
why shouldnt there be a suspension? because its a giants player that made the dumb hit?

No because it was a Giants player with no prior history of being suspended or known as a "repeat offender".

If it was a Tiger that did it you'd be losing your marbles over it.

If it was Dorsett then yes because he has a past history of being a dirty player. But let's say it was Helm I wouldn't unless it was clearly obvious he was going for another players knee. I don't feel it was in Lucic's case. Maybe if Mikkelson wasn't right there trying to defend Helm it would be a different story. But that isn't the case.

Plus Lucic is a star player now. He will get special treatment. :laugh:

fightstrap50
01-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Plus Lucic is a star player now. He will get special treatment. :laugh:[/QUOTE]
yeah kinda sad isnt it. lol

Kassian
01-13-2007, 07:05 PM
yeah kinda sad isnt it. lol

Yeah it is. Although on that note I've always hated how star players get special treatment. That shouldn't have anything to do with whether a player is suspended or not.

Like I said before Lucic isn't a dirty player. If he had a prior history I wouldn't blame people for wanting or expecting him to be suspended. That being said because of this kneeing major if he does anything else questionable in the near future I'm sure he will be suspended for at least one game.

Kassian
01-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Well I guess I spoke too soon. While there is no official suspension listed on the WHL website apparently Lucic won't play tonight due to a 1 game suspension.

dondo
01-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I really think its now virtually automatic to get a 1 game suspension for a major and a game. Its interesting because it looked ugly on the replay, but at speed it was so quick that I wasn't sure what had happened. And I was watching that play.

Helm embellished that one greatly though three pirouettes before dropping to the ice rolling around for two minutes and then not missing a shift? puulease... I'm not saying it wasn't a knee, but I don't think it was deliberate.

Tiger Trauma
01-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Just so you guys know, Helm didnt come back till the third period started. The hit was at the 18:?? mark, so he didnt miss much ice time anyways

After the game the tigers coaches said, helm would be fine but it will probably be really sore the day after.

As for embelishing the hit, i dont think he did very much. You ever bang your knee or the area just above against something hard? It feels horrible for a minute or two, but after that you can at least move your leg. :laugh:

(If yer like me you hop on the other foot grimacing going awww *#%, then you look at the corner where you hit it, and punch it a few times :laugh: )

The only thing that looks "embelishable" was when when he grabbed his knee mid air, and that probably made the rest of it look like he was putting on an act. The impact alone knocked his leg 270 degrees.

I tried looking at it from the otherside, and probably would have thought the exact same thing dondo mentioned.

The knee on knee dangerous as it is, didnt look intentional, helm only missed a few minutes. So I guess it doesn't matter much.