PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/rebels

Big Ern
01-13-2007, 10:11 AM
OK Rebels fans! Thoughts on tonight's game?
I think it'll be tough. Who knows what the outcome will be?! The games between these two teams have always been unbelievably exciting! We'll see what happens.
Red Deer boys, Paul Postma and Darek Claffey are with the Broncos, so don't forget to cheer them on, Rebels fans! LOL Although I think Claffey is out with the flu.
Players to watch include Levi Nelson [17] who scores almost every game (the Rebels don't like him very much) and also defensemen R.J. LaRochelle [7], who can fight like a heavyweight, and has had a good stick lately, to get pucks to the net. Check out the new aquisition Eric Doyle [2], a 17-year-old we got from Everett at the deadline. The price we paid (Dane Crowley) was a big one, but it seems this kid can run the PP, and create offense. Also, he is top 19 in skaters in North America, and is playing in the top prospects game in Quebec next week.
Should be an awesome game. GO SWIFTY!!! haha

3rebels
01-14-2007, 12:01 AM
They came, they saw, they left with their tails betwixt their legs !!
Go Rebels.
Not a bat game though !!
nhl3

SectionNDeserter
01-14-2007, 12:42 AM
The Broncos looked like they were more interested in water-skiing behind the Rebels for the first half of the game rather than playing hockey. Smith and Moir were really the only players that didn't seem to be struggling. To make matters worse, it looked like you lost 2 players during the game as well, one (who I didn't see who it was) took a puck in the throat, and leading goal scorer Wiese went into the boards funny and didn't go off under his own steam.

Big Ern
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
The Broncos looked like they were more interested in water-skiing behind the Rebels for the first half of the game rather than playing hockey. Smith and Moir were really the only players that didn't seem to be struggling. To make matters worse, it looked like you lost 2 players during the game as well, one (who I didn't see who it was) took a puck in the throat, and leading goal scorer Wiese went into the boards funny and didn't go off under his own steam.

Yeah, sounded like a tough one for Swifty. Injuries are inevitable, and by God when that hits us, we're lucky enough to get our best players hurt...RUMSEY...WIESE. Anyhow, good game by Brent Sutter's crew.
We were 2 for 11 on the PP, which doesn't cut it. Although Reb's play-by-play Cam Moon said, the Broncos never gave up, which is always good to hear. Hopefully the boys can gain confidence, and knock of the Hitmen tomorrow.
It's gettin' late here...g'night everybody! I'M CRASHING!!!

Link Dog
01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Watched the game on line. Just like to say I appreciated the call of the game from Cam Moon and Mike Moller. Called it like it was, a good play by the Rebels OR the Broncos was a good play. I have watched some games from other rinks and you'd swear the commentary is from a different game with the homer announcers. Good work guys!