PDA

View Full Version : Warriors made the right moves

Warrior Fan
01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
The Blades have Gillies and that is about it. Each team with a ton of new players. Big deal. Still have to win and play hard. The Blades are too young and need work and won't beat us tonight. That being said here it is.

Warriors made moves that allowed Nyren to play and Prokop to play regular shifst and that is going to pay off for them down the stretch. Nyren is going to be an explosive offensive player. He has a ton of skill and creativity.
Prokop as well is going to be a very nice player and works hard and has his head screwed on straight. All good signs for the future. Grecica.... well he had better start focusing on hockey and less on other things. He has to be successful in everything. He will end up like Carter Smith playing no where doing nothing and they are both too skilled for that. I almost think sending him home for the rest of this season would do him good and make him realize that he has to work hard for what he wants. Otherwise he will be a wasted talent I think.

Grantham... can't say enough about a guy who has some skill and is big and tough. Unlike some fans who noted him being a little slow. I will focus more on the positive. He is huge and tough. He laid 3 game changing hits that affected the Blades players. The D jumped out of the way of the forecheck a couple of times when he was on the ice. Cole moved the puck so fast off of his stick it wasn't even funny. This resulted in 3 faceoffs in the offensive zone due to icings. That doesn't hurt the offense at all. Welcome addition as long as he can bring that every single night.

Gillen 1 goal and 2 junkers but hey they all count and it helped us to victory. Calla and Knackstedt are very good.

Thoring made several great plays and impressed me immensely. Very good skater and gets the passes on the tape and gets the puck in deep. Very good hockey player and great trade for the Warriors. Thoring for Zetariuk is a huge steal .....no bones about that. Throw in SJHL hockey player Smith for Calla and a draft pick. Well I think we know who won yet another trade by a landslide.

All I can say about Hamonic is WOW. I have said now for 1 1/2 seasons that this kid is a player and will be an asset at this level for years to come. I was SHOCKED when he didn't crack the roster to start the season. He is big, mobile and aggresive. NOt to mention confident in his skills. His shots are always on net and rarely blocked.. of course I am saying this now seeing him play in camps and games prior to tonight. Can't judge that on one night. He does it consistently every single time I have seen him play.

Our young D looks very very good and will develop nicely by seasons end and next year will be ready to turn it up a notch.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I cant wait to see the new look warriors in Regina in 2 weeks. Pats and warriors games are always so exciting, and it doesnt seem like any other season considering we have not played against each other very much so far. It sounds like these trades have really worked out, and I think that MJ can definitely get a playoff spot if they keep it up.

......buuut I still dont think its enough to beat the pats though pbj

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-14-2007, 10:39 AM
The Blades have Gillies and that is about it. Each team with a ton of new players. Big deal. Still have to win and play hard. The Blades are too young and need work and won't beat us tonight. That being said here it is.

Warriors made moves that allowed Nyren to play and Prokop to play regular shifst and that is going to pay off for them down the stretch. Nyren is going to be an explosive offensive player. He has a ton of skill and creativity.
Prokop as well is going to be a very nice player and works hard and has his head screwed on straight. All good signs for the future. Grecica.... well he had better start focusing on hockey and less on other things. He has to be successful in everything. He will end up like Carter Smith playing no where doing nothing and they are both too skilled for that. I almost think sending him home for the rest of this season would do him good and make him realize that he has to work hard for what he wants. Otherwise he will be a wasted talent I think.

Grantham... can't say enough about a guy who has some skill and is big and tough. Unlike some fans who noted him being a little slow. I will focus more on the positive. He is huge and tough. He laid 3 game changing hits that affected the Blades players. The D jumped out of the way of the forecheck a couple of times when he was on the ice. Cole moved the puck so fast off of his stick it wasn't even funny. This resulted in 3 faceoffs in the offensive zone due to icings. That doesn't hurt the offense at all. Welcome addition as long as he can bring that every single night.

Gillen 1 goal and 2 junkers but hey they all count and it helped us to victory. Calla and Knackstedt are very good.

Thoring made several great plays and impressed me immensely. Very good skater and gets the passes on the tape and gets the puck in deep. Very good hockey player and great trade for the Warriors. Thoring for Zetariuk is a huge steal .....no bones about that. Throw in SJHL hockey player Smith for Calla and a draft pick. Well I think we know who won yet another trade by a landslide.

All I can say about Hamonic is WOW. I have said now for 1 1/2 seasons that this kid is a player and will be an asset at this level for years to come. I was SHOCKED when he didn't crack the roster to start the season. He is big, mobile and aggresive. NOt to mention confident in his skills. His shots are always on net and rarely blocked.. of course I am saying this now seeing him play in camps and games prior to tonight. Can't judge that on one night. He does it consistently every single time I have seen him play.

Our young D looks very very good and will develop nicely by seasons end and next year will be ready to turn it up a notch.
Sure the Blades are a young team,but it almost looked like a reapeat of friday's game(score wise anyways.) It does not mean that you have to have the most experienced team to win. Sure the Blades will not go deep into the playoffs this season. In the future watch out cause the Blades will have a good team,maybe even next season they will turn some heads.

Injuries are not an excuse but they are a fact and the Blades are missing key players(and they still won last night) The Blades have some very good young players.

Anyways I hope the Warriors do not catch and surpass the Blades in the standings.

Warrior Fan
01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
is that the Warriors took the game to the Blades all game long. The first 3 goals with the exception of the PP goal early on.

The fellow that I called is a Blades fan and has lived in Saskatoon most of his life. I went to university with him and we are still close friends. I know him to be a very good hockey mind and truely loves the Blades.

I know that when he informs me that he is disgusted with the game even after his team has won.... well that tells me alot about the game and the teams.

He agreed with you about it being the same as the night before ... in that the Warriors badly outplayed a weaker team. He informed me it was evident that the Warriors are a much improved team over the last time they visited. He said that Perricone simply had a horrible first 5 minutes.