PDA

View Full Version : This Forum Is Starting To Raise Question Marks

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 08:10 PM
So today Drunk Gerald makes a post saying he will no longer be posting and quoted a private message from HAF and some of us posted saying so long to Gerald and the whole thread gets deleted not just some reply but the whole thread. I'm sorry but that just stupid. Word of warning to all the poster DO NOT DISAGREE WITH HAF IF YOU DO HE WILL DELETE EVERYTHING. Gerald thread should have stayed. He made some great comments that most of us deserved to see. Keep it up HAF and soon it will be a few people left with no opinions other than whay you want. People on here are right you are turning into a very nice class A JACKA$$. This is suppose to be a place where one can post their opinons right or wrong and have some great debate. I dont see that anymore and I'm questioning what the hell this site is now. :dead:

rinkrat
01-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm pretty sure he broke the rules,posting under two different names.Then ignored warnings to stop it.
Not really surprising.

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I know what he did. But his last post should have stayed dont know if you read but he admitted to that and was saying goodbye basically and deleting that was bull*****.

HAF
01-13-2007, 09:01 PM
The thread was deleted only because the first post in the thread was deleted. The reason for this was because it was a PRIVATE MESSAGE not a public one.On top of that, he only posted the excerpts of the message that suited his purpose and not the entire message. I do not delete posts that I disagree with, I delete posts that go against the forum guidelines. I do not ban people for disagreeing with me, I ban people who refuse to stay within the forum guidelines.
This forum is for the purpose of discussing WHL hockey and hockey related topics. Lets keep it as such.

transplantedbronco and anyone else that doesnt wish to stay within the guidelines and discuss hockey in a civilized manner without the personal attacks to eacxhother and the flaming, trolling and baiting I suggest you just log out now and dont come back.

Gatekeeper
01-13-2007, 09:02 PM
I agree, same sort of thing happened to Bones, a person tries to post a valid question and because haf doesnt agree with it the guy gets banned. He may not be the nicest guy on the forum but he seemed to post reliable information, now we are missing good info from various members. Whats the point of having a discussion forum if members arent able to post?

HAF
01-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Bones posts didnt get him banned. Things that happened off the public forum got him banned.

Gatekeeper
01-13-2007, 09:12 PM
From what he told me, you wouldnt let him make a post asking a question about Slade and when he reposted it you banned him. To me that sounds like posting got him banned, unless there was something else Im not aware of.

transplantedbronco
01-13-2007, 09:12 PM
And With That I Bid You All A Fond Farwell. As Someone Who Loves The Broncos And Loves Great Debate You Can Have What You Call An Opinons Board Haf. The Thread Should Have Stayed Period.

HAF
01-13-2007, 09:14 PM
From what he told me, you wouldnt let him make a post asking a question about Slade and when he reposted it you banned him. To me that sounds like posting got him banned, unless there was something else Im not aware of.

You were not given accurate information. You can ask any moderator what really happened. They all saw it first hand.

Gatekeeper
01-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Fill me in then

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Although I don't agree with every decision they make, I think the mods do a good job of keeping this board in line. If they get to lax in letting posts go we would have people like lazy suzie/fred , kbf and posts like pepper carrots. It has been a place to go with being attacked and constant name calling. Although I frequent the white board I call this place home and check back quite often every day. I for one thank the mods for a safe place to go. I will miss debating with willis but he did break the rules and I believe he went over the top with Drunk Gerald. Maybe I don't have a sense of humor but I didn't find it all that funny.

Big Ern
01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I joined only in November, and have been very active, but if this silly discussion keeps up, who knows if I'll be back. This forum is for WHL Discussion, is it not?

Number_4
01-13-2007, 10:33 PM
This forum is for WHL Discussion, is it not?

Exactly... perhaps we should get back to talking about the WHL again?

Scout
01-13-2007, 10:57 PM
I have company and when they leave and i check in it's like the forum is collapsing. Now let me set the record straight. This board was started because so many of the other boards became what as was becoming. There was no hockey talk and it was baiting and trolling. If, as Mods we turned the other cheek and allowed it to happen then this board would be no different. I agree we are sometimes to overbearing but we are trying to keep this board for hockey talk and the WHL. We get alot of e-mails from posters who were sent pm's from other posters either threatening them or name calling which alot of forum users don't see. What are we to do? Ignore these and allow regular posters to be harrased? There are so many things to running a forum and alot happens behind the scenes.

First off this is a hockey board and is here for everyones enjoyment. Some like to come on and push to the limit to see when we will step in or how far they can go. We, as Mods have received pm's calling us a**holes,etc for deleting things that alot of this kind of abuse posters don't see. We are regular hockey fans just like you but we were asked to help keep the forums to hockey. I love a great debate but alot of them become name calling and again thats when we have to step in. As a Super Mod and a Mod of this forum, i for one wish Willis would stay on our forum and keep posting as i have always enjoyed his posts and am also a good friend of his. Transplanted Bronco is another poster who is very active and contibutes to the success of the Bronco forum.

Guys and gals, i think its time to get back to the basics of why this forum was made. To talk hockey without the worries of being ridiculed or attacked. If i have offended any posters or have thrown my weight as a Super Mod in the eyes of some then i appologize to each person. I think we let by gones be by gones and i for one will be looking up Willis at the next game in the hopes of having him return. If i knew who Tranplantedbronco i would do the same.

Scout

Flathead
01-13-2007, 11:14 PM
I have company and when they leave and i check in it's like the forum is collapsing. Now let me set the record straight. This board was started because so many of the other boards became what as was becoming. There was no hockey talk and it was baiting and trolling. If, as Mods we turned the other cheek and allowed it to happen then this board would be no different. I agree we are sometimes to overbearing but we are trying to keep this board for hockey talk and the WHL. We get alot of e-mails from posters who were sent pm's from other posters either threatening them or name calling which alot of forum users don't see. What are we to do? Ignore these and allow regular posters to be harrased? There are so many things to running a forum and alot happens behind the scenes.

First off this is a hockey board and is here for everyones enjoyment. Some like to come on and push to the limit to see when we will step in or how far they can go. We, as Mods have received pm's calling us a**holes,etc for deleting things that alot of this kind of abuse posters don't see. We are regular hockey fans just like you but we were asked to help keep the forums to hockey. I love a great debate but alot of them become name calling and again thats when we have to step in. As a Super Mod and a Mod of this forum, i for one wish Willis would stay on our forum and keep posting as i have always enjoyed his posts and am also a good friend of his. Transplanted Bronco is another poster who is very active and contibutes to the success of the Bronco forum.

Guys and gals, i think its time to get back to the basics of why this forum was made. To talk hockey without the worries of being ridiculed or attacked. If i have offended any posters or have thrown my weight as a Super Mod in the eyes of some then i appologize to each person. I think we let by gones be by gones and i for one will be looking up Willis at the next game in the hopes of having him return. If i knew who Tranplantedbronco i would do the same.

Scout
I do know who transplantedbronco is and will hopefully get a chance to speak with him. He loves his Bronco hockey and is a proud supporter of the team. But the rules are put in place for a reason, and we have to follow them to keep a friendly, clean, stricktly hockey site. With the rules that are put in place, there is still room for a clean debate, but when things get out of hand, something has to be done. I honestly feel that all mods, super mods, and the aministrator are very fair in what gets to be posted and what gets deleted. Everyone here has the same rules to follow, and if they're unsure of what they are read them first before making a post.

ointhecreek
01-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I would like to see willis back but leave drunk gerald in rehab. haha

transplantedbronco
01-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Whether or not I continue is a question I cant answer right now, maybe I got a little heated I don't know. Name calling is not what Im about and for that I apologize to HAF. The thread by Gerald had some merits and I don't know the whole thing about deletions. But his last thread could have stayed he was letting his side be told and wasn't calling anyone out. That was my post is all. But its more than that. I love the broncos and will go to hell and back for them but its more and more not about hockey and thats not right. Maybe we all need to lighten up a bit.

SectionNDeserter
01-14-2007, 12:24 AM
I know what he did. But his last post should have stayed dont know if you read but he admitted to that and was saying goodbye basically and deleting that was bull*****.His post, minus quoting a small part of a private message would have been saying goodbye. What he was doing is known as whining. Also the last few messages on the board were posted by people who clearly accidentally signed on to the wrong board....

Willis on the Welfare
01-14-2007, 01:54 AM
transplant, O, Scout Thanks for the kind words. I would have liked to go, but I come to here to check up on how the Broncos/Red Deer game went and suddenly I'm the subject of a debate. I'm just going to set the record straight as the truth is getting distorted and I really think this forum should be about hockey and we should move on.

1. I posted with two different handles. I broke the rules. I was also Drunk Gerald. Guilty as charged. As Drunk Gerald, I made a post saying that if HAF was going to keep editing me, I'd meet him at the Big Eye and "Brandon Tidball the $#!t out of him". He didn't see the humour in that.

2. I posted a private message sent to me by HAF in the aftermath of the Gerald Big Eye post. Really, the only relevant thing I left out was my real name and HAF writing about how he OWNS this site (yes, he did put OWNS in capitals). I'm not sure where he gets the statement of me being selective in what I posted. I can see how that would come across as whining(sectionNdeserter watches Brent Sutter 40+ times a year so I know he can recognize whining). I only posted it to show why someone with 200+ posts was leaving.

3. I see HAF and others have issues with me posting private messages. I won't post it again. I will say that in my opinion HAF was somewhat less than diplomatic and resorted to personal attacks and name calling in his PM to me. I'm not whining, I'm not emotionally scarred, I get called worse as part of my job, I can deal with it. I just don't want to contribute to HIS forum that he OWNS anymore.

Anyway, that's twice today I've left for good and it's getting late. Good night and go Broncos!

It's been emotional

Willi$, Drunk Gerald

HAF
01-14-2007, 02:21 AM
Everyone has spoken their mind, lets get back to the hockey discussion once again.