PDA

View Full Version : Broncos and Rebels

Broncs in RD
01-14-2007, 09:08 AM
5-2 I don't really know where to start.
Total domination by the Rebels. The Broncos where out hit, shot, chanced, and out worked in every aspect of the game.
Wudrick had a great game, Larochelle played all right as well as Gervais.
Molle, Doyle and Wilson looked very lost out there.
Nelson looked like a floater took stupid penelties and almost got the crap kicked out of him good thing for him he knows how to turtle, but thats what happens when you crosscheck a guy to the back of the head. I don't want another huge debate on this subject but........Man do we need a Benke type player on the back end we have no muscle back there besides Larochelle even he had trouble. Hanzel, Pieper, Starkov, vandemeer and both sutters had there way with the D men tonight beating them along the boards down the midlle it was an awful game to watch. Hope Rumsey is all right as well as Weise. Rumsey got hurt in the first 5 minutes of the game and Weise the last 4 minutes of the game. Both players did not return.

Scout
01-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Its hard to believe some of the players Sutter has been able to get to play for the Rebels. I thought they were rebuilding. Red Deer probably has one of the best coaches in the CHL and he gets the most out of even mediocre players. I actually thought we might have a chance tonight but i guess not. Did any Broncos have a good game tonight?

Scout

mjwfan
01-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Hope they can put things together tonight in Calgary if not the bus ride will be a long one. tuned in after the warrior game and yaaaa sounded like the rebels were all over them . Was that you i heard (Broncs in RD ) Fire the coach ? If it was come on show some support . Good Luck tonight in Calgary .
PS - Willis please don't go .. Maybe i missed some of the naughty things you said , but always enjoyed your posts.

Broncs in RD
01-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Good players were, Wudrick, Smith, Gervais, Larochelle he logged alot of minutes due to Rumseys injury(I think a puck to the throat). Moir battled the puck, but did not get help. Doyle and Molle have alot of work to do. Doyle in his own end was scary, shaky on the PP, but makes a decent first pass and can rush the puck pretty good.
Is Wilson always afraid to take a hit? I havnt seen alot of him.
Although the broncos tied the game at 2 it was as if they were still down by three. I don't know what positives the coaches can get out of it, but they better regroup and get a win in Calgary. I had them going 6-8 this month, but after that win against Regina they have given up 17 goals in 3 games. What identity has this team taken on? If we want to be a hard working team well someone better step up and show some hard work, young and skilled? well Red Deer kept us to the out side and in the corners all game. There were no substained attacks at all even on the PP.

SectionNDeserter
01-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Good Luck tonight in Calgary .I second this! Make sure you snap this losing skid with a strong game against the evil Calgary Hitmen! :D

Broncs in RD
01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Scout they are rebuilding, but when you can get the Euros he can get plus pull off a trade for Brett Sutter and get your son Brandon who is the 9th ranked skater in NA, then get a AJHL 20 year old who is an impact player. Thats how you rebuild and still stay competitive. Those Euros they got are unstoppable especially with our D. Starkov had an amazing goal un touched in front of the crease and Hanzel No one is strong enough on our team to stop him along the boards or any where on the ice.

3wheeler
01-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Gotta agree with you Scout takes Red Deer ONLY 1 year to rebuild.
Dean is in his 3rd year rebuilding? Whats with that?
Broncs in RD you are also right we need a littlle muscle on the back end.
With Myles gone from the game puts a lot of pressure on RJ.
Could use a big body like Benke.
The rest of the D core is young and growing.
The young guys should develop if shown the proper way. (coaching)
But how many years will that take?